IGNORED

LE GUESS WHO - Utrecht, 20.-23. Nov. [Autechre, Swans, Wire...]

jaderpansen

Utrechre lol

I kept looking out for a long dude with an Exai shirt but didn't see any. I did hear someone yell "pls pls pls pls" at the end of the show, but wasn't sure if that was a watmmer lol.

And yeah it's freaking huge, Cloud 9 is on the 10th floor or smth.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uploaded in that other thread in ae subforum...

yeah tivoli's one huge ass place, no wonder the meetup didn't come to be despite my yelling XD... anyway good fucking times! i stayed there til ca. 7.30h, turned out the house of cosy cushions actually HAD cushions lying around, noice! :)

and yeah i noticed the alarm, escalators weren't moving for a while...

Awesome, I was planning to stay until around 7am too, but a mate joined me last minute and offered me a place to crash. I was not looking forward spending the night there beforehand, until I saw the venue, now I regret I didn't stay until the end / for the dronefest. Basinski's set sounded great through the radio anyway :)

Forgot I saw Funckarma too, I've seen those guys a couple of times before, this time the set was way more IDMish than usual (last time they were really dubstep influenced). Lovely sets literally and figurally built around Autechre.

Utrechre lol

I kept looking out for a long dude with an Exai shirt but didn't see any. I did hear someone yell "pls pls pls pls" at the end of the show, but wasn't sure if that was a watmmer lol.

And yeah it's freaking huge, Cloud 9 is on the 10th floor or smth.

I tried to listen for watmm cries but nobody caught my attention. I was way in the front of the room during Autechre, on the left side near the stairs, according to a mate the only one with a white (Exai) shirt.

I did speak with two blokes from Brighton though (one with an OPN shirt), anyone from here perhaps?

Btw, just for clarity, here's jaderpansens recording of Autechre's show from another thread:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/745e2486408cf36070d184fb9887897e20141124124845/5781a3d5f005ee13f478da986673cee420141124124845/0dbdd1

there ya go. it's pretty vanilla except some eqing and amplifying.

my goal was to record as directly from a speaker as possible, which turned out to be not that easy because of short arm reasons (sound didnt come from stage but overheads.)...

at 1.46 min there are actually some seconds missing because i hit the record button a second time accidentally :/ ...

i'll upload the original wavs later over night for people who are curious / PROPER remix-skilled.

Where were you positioned during the recording? I saw some people with iPhones around me, not sure if they were recording the whole thing though.

damn that white exai shirt is prolly just a tad TOO minimal XD... i actually screamed "watmm" and "sean pls" respectively in front of both entrances around 20.30h and before / after wire / autechre sets... i was positioned directly under the speaker on the right side. ah well, the place was just too packed and my lungs too puny i guess XP... i don't own an iphone (or any mobile for that matter), i borrowed a zoom h2 from a mate for the recording.

damn that white exai shirt is prolly just a tad TOO minimal XD... i actually screamed "watmm" and "sean pls" respectively in front of both entrances around 20.30h and before / after wire / autechre sets... i was positioned directly under the speaker on the right side. ah well, the place was just too packed and my lungs too puny i guess XP... i don't own an iphone (or any mobile for that matter), i borrowed a zoom h2 from a mate for the recording.

Well, you tried! I missed the start and the end of Wire, and before/after Autechre I didn't notice anything. Too bad!

I'm wondering what was / is up with Hieroglyphic Being btw. The guy had some weird fixation with looking at the ceiling the whole time, even though there was nothing or nobody there. His DJ-sets seem very odd too, luckily he did a live set which was pretty good.

HB:

2421a8901370e67cef472063f1e47c0f.jpg

AE before the lights went out:

6a6702a393a173ca808ad8fc49c4aacb.jpg

Next time Sean should just grab a mike and yell `THE WATMM MEETUP IS OVER HERE` while pointing at a location he deems worthy.

haha, i actually considered to jump the stage and grab a mic but was too scared to get thrown out XP

Also, there were some stoners (I presume) that put their head against the front of the stage, standing close next to each other and didn't move for the entire hour, almost worshipping the sounds.

kek i was one of them (i thought i was the only one? I didn't look around, telefunken was right next to me and he was not moving too), in black knitted hat, just a bit tired after all the action. Unfortunately i couldn't find the force to yell "Hey Rob, i'm in a euro club" like i planned after landing in just a couple of meters from Rob.

15696983499_c043cb1fa5_c.jpg

Autechre and Jamie Harley (Warp's PA sound engineer)

Sean looked like stoned a bit, he brought a half-empty glass of water (or something looked like water).

Rob looked like he was just awakened and he brought a half-empty glass of beer and a small box of juice or yogurt.

Table with gear was fully prepared to work earlier i guess, they just connected their laptops, pinged each other for synchronization et voilà

Also, there were some stoners (I presume) that put their head against the front of the stage, standing close next to each other and didn't move for the entire hour, almost worshipping the sounds.

kek i was one of them (i thought i was the only one? I didn't look around, telefunken was right next to me and he was not moving too), in black knitted hat, just a bit tired after all the action. Unfortunately i couldn't find the force to yell "Hey Rob, i'm in a euro club" like i planned after landing in just a couple of meters from Rob.

lol, nice! I might've been somewhat intoxicated by that time, but I remember thinking it looked proper sectarian with 6 people in a row standing still, leaning against the front of the stage. Reminded me of my early metal days where you would all stand close together in one line against the front of the stage and bang your head :')

You should've done the euro club move though, that would've been proper lol

Yep, i saw you Herr Jan. And i saw your mate, can't say that he looks like Fenriz.

Haha, no he doesn't, except for the long hair. Just kidding with that comparison of course :)

And I thought I would've been really easy to spot, I think I was the only one with that Exai shirt, but that venue was just too huge!

It was fun speaking to people after Autechre and ask what they thought, there were a good number of people who never even heard of Autechre before that gig, and were still blown away, which I found pretty amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived