IGNORED

Graffiti Artist Banksy Arrested In London, Identity Revealed

Muflontillah

why do people hate banksy? i don't care either way and wouldn't describe myself as a follower, although i like the that clean realistic stencil style, but why the ire? Did he piss in your cocopops kiddies? Or are you just jumping some disster fashion train?

i thought you'd be more philosophically sympathetic towards hating and assaulting artists who are irritating

Your contempt for him in light of your stirring defence of buttplug man is just as hypocritical you know, in fact i was waiting for you to say something like the above so that i could point it out, haha. I have no shame so it's all good, but this must be like a belly punch for you.

bless,

love dleetr x-;

So you admit you're being hypocritical and try to attempt to insult me by putting me on your level. Stop tickling my tummy.

i wish you all the best,

love kissy kissy kissy hug hug i love you and i love to love you lovingly i just want you to know i wish you good luck we're counting on you and heres my name triachus read it again triachus this is the lowest form of oh you just got told son passive agressiveness i can think of man this must be like a castration for you i make myself feel so good making stuff up in my head how i am such a boss to you i like to make my ego onanisms a lot longer than the one sentence argument i made love u oxoxoxoxoxo

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a big graffiti head i know of dozens, hundreds artists who put work on the street that smashes the shit out of banksy. it's not that he's bad, his work just pales in comparison to what's happening around the world now.

why do people hate banksy? i don't care either way and wouldn't describe myself as a follower, although i like the that clean realistic stencil style, but why the ire? Did he piss in your cocopops kiddies? Or are you just jumping some disster fashion train?

i thought you'd be more philosophically sympathetic towards hating and assaulting artists who are irritating

Your contempt for him in light of your stirring defence of buttplug man is just as hypocritical you know, in fact i was waiting for you to say something like the above so that i could point it out, haha. I have no shame so it's all good, but this must be like a belly punch for you.

bless,

love dleetr x-;

So you admit you're being hypocritical and try to attempt to insult me by putting me on your level. Stop tickling my tummy.

i wish you all the best,

love kissy kissy kissy hug hug i love you and i love to love you lovingly i just want you to know i wish you good luck we're counting on you and heres my name triachus read it again triachus this is the lowest form of oh you just got told son passive agressiveness i can think of man this must be like a castration for you i make myself feel so good making stuff up in my head how i am such a boss to you i like to make my ego onanisms a lot longer than the one sentence argument i made love u oxoxoxoxoxo

the fact that you can't bring yourself to admit that you were being hypocritical is where you go wrong in these things, a better answer would have been "we both suck, har har, lets have a beer", but i guess you've still got some growing up to do. One day you'll get there and this ego thing won't matter as much.

They don't post that frequently nowadays, but love the parody Banksy Twitter account - https://twitter.com/BanksyIdeas

heh, some classics in there.

I get from the tone of the results found via my google searching for an answer to why the ire, that that there is a lot of butthurt about banksy from the children of tories that don't like anyone ruining their ideal life by reminding them via popular art that they're on the wrong side of the political divide. So they downplay or belittle banksy's pretty gentle ribbing as being soft or pointless or whatever, anything to get people to stop thinking about it. I think this is perhaps component to the thing wot i was wondering about. Next of course is the 'there's thousands of better' comments, which don't often actually provide much evidence of such (yes it's ironic that i haven't linked any of the webpages that i looked at on my search, again with the hypocrite), not that i disagree with it, street art can offer a wondrous cornucopia as well as buckets full of hopeless bullshit, but i think that this attack stems more from the tall poppies concept than anything, but sure, i agree that you can generally dislike something, or dismiss it because you like better examples of something. Sure. So i'm not lumping any of you in with my statement, please don't do any more of that break my balls bS. heheh.

Being a big graffiti head i know of dozens, hundreds artists who put work on the street that smashes the shit out of banksy. it's not that he's bad, his work just pales in comparison to what's happening around the world now.

"we searched his studio and found thousands of dollars worth of counterfeit notes. Benjamin franklin had been replaced with the devil. I think it had something to do with money being the root of all evil, yeah?"

They don't post that frequently nowadays, but love the parody Banksy Twitter account - https://twitter.com/BanksyIdeas

I get from the tone of the results found via my google searching for an answer to why the ire, that that there is a lot of butthurt about banksy from the children of tories that don't like anyone ruining their ideal life by reminding them via popular art that they're on the wrong side of the political divide. So they downplay or belittle banksy's pretty gentle ribbing as being soft or pointless or whatever, anything to get people to stop thinking about it. I think this is perhaps component to the thing wot i was wondering about. Next of course is the 'there's thousands of better' comments, which don't often actually provide much evidence of such (yes it's ironic that i haven't linked any of the webpages that i looked at on my search, again with the hypocrite), not that i disagree with it, street art can offer a wondrous cornucopia as well as buckets full of hopeless bullshit, but i think that this attack stems more from the tall poppies concept than anything, but sure, i agree that you can generally dislike something, or dismiss it because you like better examples of something. Sure. So i'm not lumping any of you in with my statement, please don't do any more of that break my balls bS. heheh.

Nah, it's just kinda embarrassing 6th form politics masquerading as something deep and thought provoking.

I don't really hate Banksy tbh, but I do hate the Banksy worship.

His film was quite good.

bless,

love dleetr x-;

i wish you all the best,

the fact that you can't bring yourself to admit that you were being hypocritical is where you go wrong in these things, a better answer would have been "we both suck, har har, lets have a beer", but i guess you've still got some growing up to do. One day you'll get there and this ego thing won't matter as much.

no u

Buttercup_Sticking_Her_Tongue_Out_PPG.jp

I get from the tone of the results found via my google searching for an answer to why the ire, that that a lot of butthurt about banksy stems from the children of tories that don't like anyone ruining their ideal life by reminding them via popular art that they're on the wrong side of the political divide. So they downplay or belittle banksy's pretty gentle ribbing as being soft or pointless or whatever, anything to get people to stop thinking about it. I think this is perhaps component to the thing wot i was wondering about.

Nah, it's just kinda embarrassing 6th form politics masquerading as something deep and thought provoking.

His film was quite good.

i actually found the film pointlessly unentertaining. And as for 'sixth form politics', how exactly in the medium of graffiti, do you hope to express political concepts in a more detailed manner? Having some easily understood by all message is at the heart of propaganda and advertising is it not? Therefore this argument maketh no sense, but is at the core of a large portion of the ire, so they want him to write a thesis on that wall, that no one will read, rather than a pithy message that you can get in the one second that you glance at the wall as you stroll by, that'll help the cause for sure.

bless,

love dleetr x-;

i wish you all the best,

no u

Buttercup_Sticking_Her_Tongue_Out_PPG.jp

02-victorian-punch-and-judy.jpg

I get from the tone of the results found via my google searching for an answer to why the ire, that that a lot of butthurt about banksy stems from the children of tories that don't like anyone ruining their ideal life by reminding them via popular art that they're on the wrong side of the political divide. So they downplay or belittle banksy's pretty gentle ribbing as being soft or pointless or whatever, anything to get people to stop thinking about it. I think this is perhaps component to the thing wot i was wondering about.

His film was quite good.

i actually found the film pointlessly unentertaining. And as for 'sixth form politics', how exactly in the medium of graffiti, do you hope to express political concepts in a more detailed manner? Having some easily understood by all message is at the heart of propaganda and advertising is it not? Therefore this argument maketh no sense, but is at the core of a large portion of the ire, so they want him to write a thesis on that wall, that no one will read, rather than a pithy message that you can get in the one second that you glance at the wall as you stroll by, that'll help the cause for sure.

That message being 'War=Bad'?

war is bad we need to say it all the time until it goes away.

corporations are evil machine of the devil, we need to say that all the time too.

mantras for a better world, contra to the "these shoes are good, buy that whore's album she's fucking hip you pointless ingrate with a wallet attached, war is good and this war is especially good, that man is the devil you must bomb him because evil etc.

I thought his Simpsons 'Couch Gag' bit was a fairly good one.

Overall he's a force for good IMO. We have to hate Damien Hirst too yeah?

Already out of my depth on this thread

why do people hate banksy?

because autechre said they hate bansky now all the sheep get to voice "their" opinion

strange! why they hate him? was 'hate' the exact word?

Nah, he just called it shit:

What do you think of banksy?

utter shit

Can you elaborate? I'm curious to hear your opinion, seeing as you have had a history in graffiti.

yeah his style is shit and his shit cynical jokes are unfunny

and risk free cos stencils, so fails at graff

Archived