IGNORED

Graffiti Artist Banksy Arrested In London, Identity Revealed

Muflontillah

- OK, I got an idea! The EU flag, only the blue background is the sea and the stars are drowned refugees.

-Gotcha!

978x.jpg

What is this even supposed to mean
:cerious:

Edit: I'm fuming here, but going political in watmm makes me lose all hope, so I'll just stfu

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about Bansky is that any 12 year old with a somewhat developed fantasy could come up with similar shit that he does.

has any 12 year old with a somewhat developed fantasy come up with similar shit though, or does it only remain a possibility? what about blek le rat or above? are there 12 year olds also doing what they do as well? should they all stop what they do because it's possible 12 year olds can do what they do?

https://vimeo.com/137878642

The thing about Bansky is that any 12 year old with a somewhat developed fantasy could come up with similar shit that he does.

has any 12 year old with a somewhat developed fantasy come up with similar shit though, or does it only remain a possibility? what about blek le rat or above? are there 12 year olds also doing what they do as well? should they all stop what they do because it's possible 12 year olds can do what they do?

Yepo, and yet we listen to music that could have been written by twelve year olds, watch television and film that could have been written by twelve year olds, and interact positively with a societal model that most definitely must be run by eight year olds.

Yepo, and yet we listen to music that could have been written by twelve year olds, watch television and film that could have been written by twelve year olds, and interact positively with a societal model that most definitely must be run by eight year olds.

This should be a thought bubble coming from a minion

- OK, I got an idea! The EU flag, only the blue background is the sea and the stars are drowned refugees.

-Gotcha!

978x.jpg

I've seen a few people recently start following this page, is it clear if this is the "official" Banksy facebook page? I'd have thought he'd have a lower profile on social media. I only ask because it has a lot of followers who may or may not be correct in knowing the identity of whoever runs the page, and a fairly obvious political plug. Just gives me the same dishonest vibes of "Minions" pages injected with linkbait penny makiking garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3476388/Has-Banksy-unmasked.html

Another found Banksy thingoe. Used an heatmap, there's charts and everything, quite proud of the daily mail for bothering to be so thorough for once.

A scientific study of heat maps claims to have finally unmasked the mystery of street artist Banksy.

Researchers at Queen Mary University of London used a statistical technique of geographic profiling, which is more commonly used by police to catch criminals.

They claim to have tagged him by identifying an obvious pattern between the locations of his art and addresses he often visits in Bristol and London.

And their results seem to back up the Mail on Sunday's revelations in 2008 that Banksy is Robin Gunningham from Bristol.

The study was revealed today, despite Banksy's lawyers' attempts delay to the announcement.

Dr Steve Le Comber, of QMUL,told the BBC: 'I'd be surprised if it's not (Gunningham), even without our analysis, but it's interesting that the analysis offers additional support for it.

'You sort of default to the terminology from criminology, where you're talking about suspects and crime sites, but that doesn't imply any moral judgment - that these are actually crimes, or to be deplored, or whatever.

'That's even more important in disease biology, of course.'

Geo-profiling uses specific locations to find 'hot spots' of activity that could lead to a list of potential suspects.

QMUL's researchers used the method on 192 artworks in London (164) and Bristol (28).

Three addresses in London were identified: one in the Kingsland Road area, where Gunningham lived with Jamie Eastham in 2004 and 2005, and two for Gunningham’s girlfriend (now wife), Joy Millward, in the Great North Road area and in the Old Street area.

Suspect sites in Bristol included Gunningham’s house in the Easton area of the city, The Plough in Easton, for whom Gunningham played football), and their playing fields at Baptist Mills Primary School, as well as his old school - Bristol Cathedral School.

In London, two of the three suspect sites – Gunningham’s wife’s flats in the Great North Road area and the Old Street area – fall within the top 10 per cent of the geo-profile

In Bristol, two of the four suspect sites - Gunningham’s Easton home and Baptist Mills Primary School playing fields - are found in the top 10 per cent of the geo-profile.

The study found a number of coincidences with Banksy's artwork and Gunningham. They are:

• Many of Banksy’s artworks can be found in, and he referred to Bristol in a 2006 interview in the magazine Swindle (Joseph 2008). His first exhibition took place in the city in 2000. Gunningham grew up in Bristol and attended Bristol Cathedral School. He lived in the Easton area in the late 1990s
  • Two sites associated with Gunningham fall within the top 10 per cent of the heat maps. There is a peak in the Easton area of Bristol, where Banksy was living in the late 1990s with his friend Luke Egan
  • Banksy moved to London around 2000, as did Gunningham
  • In London the geo-profile covers an area of 400km2. The peak of Banksy's artworks is less than 500 metres from Gunningham's wife's former address and close to the house he lived in with his friend Jamie Eastman.

The study concludes: 'The spatial locations of Banksy artworks in both London and Bristol are associated with sites linked to one prominent candidate, Robin Gunningham.'

graphics in article link above.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3476388/Has-Banksy-unmasked.html

Another found Banksy thingoe. Used an heatmap, there's charts and everything, quite proud of the daily mail for bothering to be so thorough for once.

A scientific study of heat maps claims to have finally unmasked the mystery of street artist Banksy.

ladies and gentleman, bansky ...

31D7B6E500000578-3476388-Robin_Gunningha

clickbait fucking assholes

also bansky is a bunch of people, kind of like how aphex twin is various artists

i love how watmm loses it's nut whenever banksy is mentioned. So mainstream politically, but banksy, we too cool for that shit. hahar.

not that that was necessarily the approach this time. just in general children.

mail on sunday has way too much resources for pointless shit like this. and they can throw around name of his wife and parents like that?

perhaps it has something to do with him running for office , one did not look in to that. But the security services would know whom this gentle s'prayer is. That said, it would only help his chances given the profile boost, but not if he's suddenly switched his breakfasts to enforced porridge.

i dont understand where all the heat against banksy is stemming from.. he's mainstream, but he's fueling the revolution. how can you not be for the revolution?

i guess most of you are either

A) envious

or

B) envious

choose wisely

why be bothered about it, simple detective work would have outed him decades ago, it's only a mass of massive massively gentlemanly i won't tell, that kept it under wraps, for seriouslor. If you think that rights are being violated because of this, you misunderstand what we are all pissed off about when it comes to rights violations. ie, who gives a shit except mr. made bank thank to everyone and the sink at his flank or so 'ee fink..

Archived