IGNORED

Trackermatte - Wasteland Boutique

weakmassive

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel like his music is being made in the middle of the forest full of fairies and gnomes, anyoneelse get this?

That is quite accurate, actually. Most of it was, in fact, written in a house in a little grove.

Many magical hot summer nights with thick fog rolling in over the meadow. Beautiful.

can't wait to hear this. so productive! last album was what, a couple months ago!?!? hey burgler: it's matthias, right? do you have a day job? how do you make so much music?

I have a job, but I spend all of my spare time making music. I live quite far from any distraction so I don't get to go to clubs or stuff like that.

Very few things interrupt me, at all.

It's pretty good. Gave it a listen yesterday. The first track is super nice. Has some good experimental shit towards the middle. I got lots of aphex/jodey kendrick vibes off it.

Also, some CN/EOD vibes if you're into that sort of thing.

Did you record this on tape? I can hear that hissssssss...

It's always a patchwork. Some elements are recorded on tape, some synths are just noisy. I like to keep things the way they are and not tidy them up too much.

Also, some CN/EOD vibes if you're into that sort of thing.

Did you record this on tape? I can hear that hissssssss...

It's always a patchwork. Some elements are recorded on tape, some synths are just noisy. I like to keep things the way they are and not tidy them up too much.

Ah, cool. There's definitely some nice character in there. I especially like the crackling on the first track.

finally getting a chance to listen to this and it's another wonderful collection of songs. seems more subdued (more rolando-y then) than shadow festival (still my fave) and dark door and most of your other stuff as tracker matte. anyway, in particular "midsummer night" is great-- makes me wish i lived in rural Norway or where ever you are, away from distraction, so i could put my non work energy into music :)

finally getting a chance to listen to this and it's another wonderful collection of songs. seems more subdued (more rolando-y then) than shadow festival (still my fave) and dark door and most of your other stuff as tracker matte. anyway, in particular "midsummer night" is great-- makes me wish i lived in rural Norway or where ever you are, away from distraction, so i could put my non work energy into music :)

Yes seems pretty laid back. I enjoyed the listen through but there were some highlights for me (starclapper, midsummer night).

I'm pining for more of the aggressive trackermatte (ala function2, rave partner album, etc) but I'll take anything I can get!

Great work as usual.

the use of reverb and ambience alone is worth the purchase. fucking paypal is giving me shit again though. every other vendor takes my money just fine.

i've been re-listening to shadow festival which is a tour de force and my preferred collection of tracks. it definitely feels more aggressive and bold. as this is a message board for discussing and well, nitpicking, i'm a tiny bit disappointed by wasteland.

hey burglar, was making a more chill / lighter album something you had in mind for wasteland? or are these songs just the ones you made most recently?

it goes without saying that mattias is a super talented guy, i wish i could make music half as good as his, and i will be buying whatever he puts out in the future*. i'm just curious about your process i guess.

* can't wait to spend my money on the rolando vinyl when it gets local distro.

Yes seems pretty laid back. I enjoyed the listen through but there were some highlights for me (starclapper, midsummer night).

I'm pining for more of the aggressive trackermatte (ala function2, rave partner album, etc) but I'll take anything I can get!

Great work as usual.

i've been re-listening to shadow festival which is a tour de force and my preferred collection of tracks. it definitely feels more aggressive and bold. as this is a message board for discussing and well, nitpicking, i'm a tiny bit disappointed by wasteland.

hey burglar, was making a more chill / lighter album something you had in mind for wasteland? or are these songs just the ones you made most recently?

it goes without saying that mattias is a super talented guy, i wish i could make music half as good as his, and i will be buying whatever he puts out in the future*. i'm just curious about your process i guess.

* can't wait to spend my money on the rolando vinyl when it gets local distro.

Great work as usual.

I don't think I had anything in mind when I made it. I'm in a kind of a coma when I make tracks, so they're usually just representative of the feeling or atmosphere of where I am and what I'm feeling. I got married while making this one, and there was a beautiful country wedding. However, the tracks I'm working on now are dark, fast and a lot more technical. I treat Shadow Festival, Dark Door and Wasteland Boutique as a completed trilogy, and now the honeymoon is over ;)

Archived