IGNORED

Trackermatte - Wasteland Boutique

weakmassive

That's awesome, really provides the context for (potentially) why this album was more dreamy, meandering in places. I really enjoyed this album and hope you didn't get the wrong impression from my feedback there.

I enjoy all your styles but would love to see what you can do at this point in the game with the faster, more percussive tracks. Super, super stoked for your upcoming work.

Cheers from me, Anthony, Jonathan, and Anna from Calgary Canada, we all love your shiz!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I had anything in mind when I made it. I'm in a kind of a coma when I make tracks, so they're usually just representative of the feeling or atmosphere of where I am and what I'm feeling. I got married while making this one, and there was a beautiful country wedding. However, the tracks I'm working on now are dark, fast and a lot more technical. I treat Shadow Festival, Dark Door and Wasteland Boutique as a completed trilogy, and now the honeymoon is over ;)

I really enjoyed "Wind through the house" on Planar Mists. Will we hear more tracks in a similar style in the near future?

I love the laid back style of Wasteland Boutique. It is the soundtrack to my Autumn. Congratulations on getting married. Please don't ever let your wife/husband (we live in modern times afterall) get in the way of you making lush tunes.

Surprised others are a little disappointed by this, I think its prob my fav out of the trackermatte stuff I have heard... Lovely stuff! :)

Also surprised by this. I'm still caning Song of Susannah on repeat. It's possibly my new fave track by Mattias.

Surprised others are a little disappointed by this, I think its prob my fav out of the trackermatte stuff I have heard... Lovely stuff! :)

Also surprised by this. I'm still caning Song of Susannah on repeat. It's possibly my new fave track by Mattias.

Only one person said they were disappointed lol.

two, but i wasn't disappointed though, with the negative connotation that might be drawn from saying that, just wasn't my thing that's all. Still really cool shit, cause he's a cool dude, yar.

I always feel very comfortable and excited getting critique on here. My best friend only likes about 5% of what I do and my wife is my harshest critic. I sort of expected this one to be a little polarizing. And I always hope people find hidden gems among tracks after years of sporadic listening :)

The Burglar: Do you happen to have a tracklisting (with durations) for the Stengatan and Spectoculon releases? Although it sounds like those are lost to the ages, I'd like to preserve what remains in Musicbrainz.

yo burglar why are you called trackermatte if you don't use a tracker ? (that's not a critique of you name generating ability, just curious is all, hehe)

I absolutely use a tracker, all the time. I'd be crazy not to!

The Burglar: Do you happen to have a tracklisting (with durations) for the Stengatan and Spectoculon releases? Although it sounds like those are lost to the ages, I'd like to preserve what remains in Musicbrainz.

I'll let you know if/when I find anything. I stumble upon forgotten tracks from time to time.

yo burglar why are you called trackermatte if you don't use a tracker ? (that's not a critique of you name generating ability, just curious is all, hehe)

I absolutely use a tracker, all the time. I'd be crazy not to!

Cheers

I'll let you know if/when I find anything. I stumble upon forgotten tracks from time to time.

Thanks Mattias, you make fantastic tunes by the way. I never knew of your music until a few months ago, now I am hooked. I love the outer-spacey theremin sound in Aquaphone, sends chills up my spine!

I've got 41 of your releases entered so far, including track listings and track lengths (except Stengatan and Spectaculon).

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84040-trackermatte-completionist-thread/page-3

If you would be so kind, can you see if you can answer my questions in THIS POST ?

I thoroughly enjoy this one. Much better than the braindance influenced stuff in my opinion. I feel so teased by the melodies and hooks, and I do love a good teasing. Just enough attention to the right parts to get me off.

Good lord this album is amazing! "Villager" is my favorite thus far - so sad, but positive

Buzzy intro

Scraping squirt

mechanical plate

soft pads

deep bass hit

kick alternating patterns with a touch of lag on occasion

clap/sticks

melody

typewriter hat/ride

deep bass hit

detuned bassline

echoing boom hits

melody and typewriter break

4-4 kicks

electric keyboard rolls

drums intensify and then break

new kick pattern and dreamy synth line

fade out rhythm

deep boom

Then you get a little break before being overtaken by "Starclapper" :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

I'm happy to finally be able to listen to proper sounding version of Hidden Groves. Great LP !

Hidden Groves is gorgeous, I love how the detuned synth at the beginning plays deep in the background, barely audible, for the whole track. It fits the full progression of the piece just swimmingly.

• 4 years later...

I felt compelled to put this on for a spin and looking at this thread, it's a bit spooky that it's only 3 days until the 5 year anniversary of the release. It must be encoded in the "October" gyrus of the ol' noggin. I'm fuckin' goosefleshing over "Hidden Groves" all over again. You can't pick just one Trackermatte/Rolando product but I'll be damned if this record ain't a top contender. 

2 hours ago, xxx said:

I felt compelled to put this on for a spin and looking at this thread, it's a bit spooky that it's only 3 days until the 5 year anniversary of the release. It must be encoded in the "October" gyrus of the ol' noggin. I'm fuckin' goosefleshing over "Hidden Groves" all over again. You can't pick just one Trackermatte/Rolando product but I'll be damned if this record ain't a top contender. 

Yep, one of his best.

Don’t forget “Na”.

Archived