IGNORED

TCF - 415C47197F78E811FEEB7862288306EC4137FD4EC3DED8B

ventolin68

Otherwise known as Norwegian visual and conceptual artist Lars Holdhus, TCF is one of the artists at the forefront of the collision between club genres and more algorhythmic electronic music.

Musically, his compositions refer to both musique concrete and a glitch aesthetic, as well as club genres like hardstyle or hardcore.

An artist interested in code and cryptography, his track titles seem like indecipherable, impersonal numerical strings, and much of his sounds - which chop vocals and stretch found sounds to infinity - sit on the colder side of the electronic divide. However, there's also a great deal of humanity contained in each of the seven tracks here, with the kind of richly emotive synth work you might expect to hear from Oneohtrix Point Never put through the lens of trance music.

This 7 track EP is available at Juno Download.

I think is best work so far is his untitled debut album released in October 2013.

Boomkat described it as a "an incredibly lush, head-spinning hit of ultra-modernist electronic composition":

"It's music which quite simply wouldn't exist without the possibilities of contemporary software, but it's the way TCF harness its potential which leaves us utterly in awe. Without little recourse to fixed rhythm, two sides titled with code as cryptic as the music within render a suspended, gravity-free dimension of latticed yet detached polymetrics, a celestial mind wash of atomised structures bewildering as any Xenakis piece but with twisted pop taste for discord and soaring, trance-like sensations comparable with Lorenzo Senni and the head-f**k stratagem of Florian Hecker. Honestly, this one's just essential"

But then again Boomkat says this about at least one album every week ;)

But then again Boomkat says this about at least one album every week ;)

Yeah, artists who work under this agency (which happen to be from Manchester too) all get enormous praise from boomkat and a lot of media coverage for an obscure field they mostly come from. Not too far from p4k tastemaking methods.

That album title is the Shia Lebaouf of electronic album titles.

Apparently it's something to do with the block chain encryption keys used in the BitCoin currency

Like what I've heard from the previews, may well have to pick this one up !

Just listen to this beautiful one:

https://soundcloud.com/t-c-f/486669f0e9b8990384108f3d54c6a8f036adeb8bc7108f3d54c6a8f036adeb

The sound of an funeral service in the year 3076

EDIT: Hang on, it's morphed into a William Basinski track now ?!

EDIT2: It's a mix set. I'm an idiot.

That album title is the Shia Lebaouf of electronic album titles.

Apparently it's something to do with the block chain encryption keys used in the BitCoin currency

Like what I've heard from the previews, may well have to pick this one up !

Oh, ic. It just seemed kind of pretentious and like a ripoff of other songs like some Analogue Bubblebath tracks.

He looks like someone that would think Bitcoin is cool. I bet he has a fedora too.

lol

I'm not 100% sure what you guys mean by 'trying too hard' ? In my ears it sounds like they're programmed to darn near perfection - seems more of a positive trait in this era of rather sloppy composition in electronic music [imo]. Kinda reminds me a little of Grischa Lichtenberger, a little of older era OPN, and a little of Mark Van Hoen - so aye looking forward to picking this up on release!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived