IGNORED

TCF - 415C47197F78E811FEEB7862288306EC4137FD4EC3DED8B

ventolin68

This sounds awesome! Why can't I buy it in the US??? Both Bleep and Boomkat say the digital version can't be purchased in my region :( Are they seriously asking me to just download it for free somewhere?

This sounds awesome! Why can't I buy it in the US??? Both Bleep and Boomkat say the digital version can't be purchased in my region :( Are they seriously asking me to just download it for free somewhere?

Amazon has the mp3s for pre-order

Amazon has the mp3s for pre-order

Ah, thanks! I had searched there earlier, but it's quite a hard album to find. Hopefully it'll let me buy tomorrow when it's released.

Guest bitroast

Yeah, this is kinda like OPN crossed with Dalglish

:cool:

A description for an artist could not catch my attention more than this one haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Uh so this guy's just opened an online tea shop btw...

https://tcftea.com/

"This is the beginning of something I have been working on for a while. The first orders are already being prepared for shipment. What the first customers did not know; Every order comes with a personalized track made by TCFX. More on that later!"

This album's still great as well.

But then again Boomkat says this about at least one album every week ;)

Yeah, artists who work under this agency (which happen to be from Manchester too) all get enormous praise from boomkat and a lot of media coverage for an obscure field they mostly come from. Not too far from p4k tastemaking methods.

woah

• 7 months later...

I think is best work so far is his untitled debut album released in October 2013.

Boomkat described it as a "an incredibly lush, head-spinning hit of ultra-modernist electronic composition":

"It's music which quite simply wouldn't exist without the possibilities of contemporary software, but it's the way TCF harness its potential which leaves us utterly in awe. Without little recourse to fixed rhythm, two sides titled with code as cryptic as the music within render a suspended, gravity-free dimension of latticed yet detached polymetrics, a celestial mind wash of atomised structures bewildering as any Xenakis piece but with twisted pop taste for discord and soaring, trance-like sensations comparable with Lorenzo Senni and the head-f**k stratagem of Florian Hecker. Honestly, this one's just essential"

But then again Boomkat says this about at least one album every week ;)

I can testify that this album was absolutely insane on LSD.  Everything went sideways. Hope there's more new music from him this year.

there's over three hours of music hidden in http://t-c-f.in but it's pretty abstract. I think he's working on a new music project now involving his DNA that'll come out on PAN or something.

Any idea how to get past the landing page? I'm not cool/smart enough and would really like to listen.

there's over three hours of music hidden in http://t-c-f.in but it's pretty abstract. I think he's working on a new music project now involving his DNA that'll come out on PAN or something.

Any idea how to get past the landing page? I'm not cool/smart enough and would really like to listen.

it's a chat bot, so you just talk to it and sometimes it spits out a very short mp3 (like 8-60 seconds, I can't remember the exact lengths). this is probably the most confusing music release I've ever seen, like I actually took advantage of a security hole where I was able to just download everything in the folder, I think that's been patched out now though. I don't think you're actually supposed to listen to all 3 hours of it? It's good on plane rides tho.

it's a chat bot, so you just talk to it and sometimes it spits out a very short mp3 (like 8-60 seconds, I can't remember the exact lengths). this is probably the most confusing music release I've ever seen, like I actually took advantage of a security hole where I was able to just download everything in the folder, I think that's been patched out now though. I don't think you're actually supposed to listen to all 3 hours of it? It's good on plane rides tho.

Whoa this sounds promising man. I would love to hear it.

Archived