IGNORED

Songs By Cults and Cult Leaders

LimpyLoo

(Chuck Manson was like a proto-Vincent Gallo...some of it is, admittedly, really fucking good

oh what could have been)

(Jim Jones' People's Temple Choir...great stuff)

(David Koresh, on the other hand, sucked...that DI guitar sound lol)

it's suprisingly hard to search for music by cults and cult-leaders, as there are bands called both The Cults and Cult Leaders

This is a track from L. Ron Hubbard's 1982 album SPACE JAZZ. The best fun fact about this track is that it was created using a revolutionary, for the time, Fairlight CMI synthesizer that cost over $25,000. The rest of the album is just as ridiculous/awful/hilarious as this song.

http://www.discogs.com/L-Ron-Hubbard-Space-Jazz/master/119944

*wins thread*

Edited by triachus
  • Haha 2

This thread made me dig up again about the crazy Japanese doomsday cult Aum Shinrikyo, known for the metro sarin gas attack that killed 13 people and hospitalized a thousand (who all might have died if they didnt mess up the gas mixings). And they've also murdered a bunch of people before that.

shits creepy/anime as fvck

There's a couple of creepy recruitement vids that have a lot of hypnotic background synths in them, does that count?

^another song starts at 7:50

I also found this, two songs by the leader himself: http://www.discogs.com/Shoko-Asahara-The-Sounds-Of-Japanese-Doomsday-Cults-Music-By-Aum-Shinri-Kyo-Leader-Shoko-Asahara/release/1029809

Can't find it on youtube, but I did found this vid which I believe is "Shonshi's March" (because it keeps going on about some Sonshi)

Found the vinyl on Soulseek (only one person has it atm), will upload them somewhere once the download has started

Pretty sure I once saw a vid of them doing this political campaign in a street where they were dancing and singing and dressed up as pandas (if i remember correctly), its probably in one of those documentaries about them. Not going to search for that at the moment tho, eventho I find this shit morbidly fascinating

Sabbath Assembly have been doing some homage to

The Process Church of the Final Judgment (1960s cult that allegedly inspired Charles Manson allegedly)

using written music from their services. (allegedly)

I tried to find any music made by Heavens gate ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)), but alas...

I did find this song by a former "student" who believes their leader, Marshall Applewhite (also known as Do) will return to earth by UFO or something, idk:

And who doesn't love a one man flute saxophone harmonica bongo band?

Edited by triachus

Nation Of Islam can be considered a cult, right? They sure are goddamn nutjobs. And I've just found out they fucking allied themselves with Scientology. Claiming they have audited 8000 Nation members. But these kinds of groups always exaggerate when it comes to member numbers I suppose.

Anyway, here is their current leader rocking the Calypso:

rocking the violin:

and rocking the soul and funk yo

Edited by triachus

This thread made me dig up again about the crazy Japanese doomsday cult Aum Shinrikyo, known for the metro sarin gas attack that killed 13 people and hospitalized a thousand (who all might have died if they didnt mess up the gas mixings). And they've also murdered a bunch of people before that.

Pretty sure I once saw a vid of them doing this political campaign in a street where they were dancing and singing and dressed up as pandas (if i remember correctly), its probably in one of those documentaries about them. Not going to search for that at the moment tho, eventho I find this shit morbidly fascinating

Bloody hell, these guys are hardcore just reading about them:

"At the cult's headquarters in Kamikuishiki on the foot of Mount Fuji, police found explosives, chemical weapons and biological warfare agents, such as anthrax and Ebola cultures, and a Russian Mil Mi-17 military helicopter. The Ebola virus had been delivered from Zaire in 1994.[23] There were stockpiles of chemicals that could be used for producing enough sarin to kill four million people.[24] Police also found laboratories to manufacture drugs such as LSD, methamphetamine, and a crude form of truth serum, a safe containing millions of US dollars in cash and gold, and cells, many still containing prisoners"

from wiki