IGNORED

Worst Album Covers of All Time (The Definitive List)

Joyrex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 9:18 AM, gnarlybog said:

On 11/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, prdctvsm said:

is this the Dark Web?? 
I genuinely like a lot of the covers in this thread. 

God damn it, I forgot about these posts and specifically opened this thread to post this promo sheet I found in a box of beat up 12" singles a few weeks ago:

image.thumb.jpeg.052796f07d896ac25442d8955f7a9023.jpeg

And yeah, most of these covers are really good.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 12:57 PM, purlieu said:

R-505818-1192141250.jpg

I have this album on cassette. Haven't listened to it for ages though and I don't really know how I would feel about. It's a bit of 90s electronic music that's very weird from 2020s perspective.. I guess the message is positive or something? But how this is approached is like, eh.. I don't think this would fly today when people get upset about cultural appropriation etc.

Somehow the version of Power of American Natives with the vocals is just way worse.

16 hours ago, zkom said:

I guess the message is positive or something? But how this is approached is like, eh.. I don't think this would fly today when people get upset about cultural appropriation etc.

Somehow the version of Power of American Natives with the vocals is just way worse.

Oh yeah, it's definitely well meaning, it just comes across as patronising and, frankly, really tacky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw Tom Jones live around the time that album looks like it's from (late 90s?).  One of the best shows I've ever seen.

He even made a Lenny Kravitz song sound good.  I thought that was impossible.

image.thumb.jpeg.87c94b73ef9b54824aa1f36c346a46fe.jpeg

I really wanted this to be better than it is.  Pretty middle of the road disco.

EDIT: I have no idea if sitting on the stove is an intentional reference to traditional Russian folk tales or an accidental one, but I definitely appreciate it.

Edited by TubularCorporation

On 7/10/2022 at 7:09 AM, Rubin Farr said:

26EE8D94-0306-4E83-A230-E3D59DCE64F1.jpeg

This album is wonderful. I play tracks from it on my radio show. "Servin a Deuce" and "Inside Looking Out" are Houston hip hop classics.

edit:  "Inside Looking Out" is on their other album. Also, if you like DJ Screw, he would go off on these tracks.

Edited by Taupe Beats
  • Like 4