IGNORED

Bill Cosby is a big old rapist (on the loose)

Rubin Farr

It wouldn't surprise me

why not?

Because every man is a rapist until he proves he's not

Nah, mayne, just the rich old ones who go out of their way to project a family friendly image. They harbor the deepest of perversions.

Good that you added allegedly

He's rich and women have motivation to falsely accuse him, either to extract money from him or for attention.

Umm lol...i forgot WATMM had an MRA subset.

p.s. You forgot to play the 'rape-allegations-can-just-be-dismissed-as-buyer's-remorse' card

I read the lengthy article on it this morning, the story doesn't feel right to me. I can't put my fingers in it but something doesn't seem right about her story.

err... put my finger on it.

Edited by StephenG

These situations always make me feel terrible.

Either a one person was sexually assaulted and unable to prove her case, or a different person was falsely accused.

Sexual assault is famously difficult to prove, and the victims who speak up get blamed or have their characters attacked by the perp and his fans.

False sexual assault accusations can haunt a man, even when he is exonerated and there is no evidence. Even sometimes when the accuser admits that it was a lie.

It's just a terrible situation both ways.

My Father worked supervising the painting of his private jet in the mid 90's and said the guy was not only one of the biggest assholes he's ever met, but that he is incredibly racist against Blacks and Latinos. He sluffed off racial epithets like no other to the crew painting his plane, who were mostly black and latino was a total asshole to my dad and his boss and smoked a cigar in the dudes office like a total prick.

From what I've heard of Cosby, he's a total cock.

Edited by Audioblysk

He's rich and women have motivation to falsely accuse him, either to extract money from him or for attention.

I hope you're just trolling. More often girls are too scared to report it because they'll become the accused and famous rich men abuse that.

My Father worked supervising the painting of his private jet in the mid 90's and said the guy was not only one of the biggest assholes he's ever met, but that he is incredibly racist against Blacks and Latinos. He sluffed off racial epithets like no other to the crew painting his plane, who were mostly black and latino was a total asshole to my dad and his boss and smoked a cigar in the dudes office like a total prick.

From what I've heard of Cosby, he's a total cock.

Well then! I feel differently about the situation now.

This really sucks, if he's guilty I hope in his old age he admits to it and the law takes it from there. Sounds like a disgusting POS.

PS I emailed ya =)

I hope you're just trolling. More often girls are too scared to report it because they'll become the accused and famous rich men abuse that.

It could go either way yeah.... I know theres lots of false accusations but what you've said is 100% true too.

=(

Like root5 said, either way this goes it's a terrible situation

It's an old news from a case in 2006 that they've dragged up as interference to get the public to stop thinking about isis and ebola. I don't want to get in the moral debate about the guy's character, but this woman sounds shifty as hell.

Bowman, now a 47-year-old artist, claims that Cosby sexually assaulted her in two separate hotel rooms and also in his New York home, where she alleges he drugged and raped her.

“I know for sure he forced himself multiple times upon me and since he needed to create an environment in which I could not fight him, I can't in all honesty say that I recall penetration because at that time I was in a vacant state of mind, as I was often drugged and brainwashed,” she said.

“Whatever drug he gave me, didn't allow me to think clearly when it was over and done with. It didn't register that I should be panicking. It was like amnesia almost. It was like what a lobotomy would do to you. I couldn't even think clearly when I was awake. I was vacant.”

She continued to allege that he finally threw her out of her home that he subsidised and she moved back home with her family in Denver. link

lol at he subsidised, trying to downplay his positive actions, the term they were looking for is paid for. I could break it down more bolding other parts but seriously, i'm outta this thread, enjoy your pointless moral outrage.

These situations always make me feel terrible.

Either a one person was sexually assaulted and unable to prove her case, or a different person was falsely accused.

Sexual assault is famously difficult to prove, and the victims who speak up get blamed or have their characters attacked by the perp and his fans.

False sexual assault accusations can haunt a man, even when he is exonerated and there is no evidence. Even sometimes when the accuser admits that it was a lie.

It's just a terrible situation both ways.

This is the issue

People claim rape is downplayed by the media but it's the one place where a man's life can be completely ruined due to an admittedly false accusation

-Woman accuses a man of raping her when he didn't

=> Man's wife leaves him

=> Man forced to resign from his position (if it's political or at all a high profile position)

=> Man forced to endure ridicule in the media (if he's a famous person) and have his reputation ruined

Then the woman comes and says "I was wrong he didn't rape me I just wanted an excuse for my boyfriend"

And the media goes silent or says "Well I bet he raped other people too so fuck him"

Name ONE other crime that results in similar consequences for the falsely accused.

Edit: Oh yeah and it's completely gender biased. What happens when women rape men? Or even young boys? Oh yeah, teenagers get forced to pay child support for their rapist's baby.

Edited by Zeffolia

Umm lol...i forgot WATMM had an MRA subset.

p.s. You forgot to play the 'rape-allegations-can-just-be-dismissed-as-buyer's-remorse' card

Calling something a "card", whatever that is, does not mean it's false in all cases.

It's an old news from a case in 2006 that they've dragged up as interference to get the public to stop thinking about isis and ebola. I don't want to get in the moral debate about the guy's character, but this woman sounds shifty as hell.

Bowman, now a 47-year-old artist, claims that Cosby sexually assaulted her in two separate hotel rooms and also in his New York home, where she alleges he drugged and raped her.

“I know for sure he forced himself multiple times upon me and since he needed to create an environment in which I could not fight him, I can't in all honesty say that I recall penetration because at that time I was in a vacant state of mind, as I was often drugged and brainwashed,” she said.

“Whatever drug he gave me, didn't allow me to think clearly when it was over and done with. It didn't register that I should be panicking. It was like amnesia almost. It was like what a lobotomy would do to you. I couldn't even think clearly when I was awake. I was vacant.”

She continued to allege that he finally threw her out of her home that he subsidised and she moved back home with her family in Denver. link

lol at he subsidised, trying to downplay his positive actions, the term they were looking for is paid for. I could break it down more bolding other parts but seriously, i'm outta this thread, enjoy your pointless moral outrage.

Something didn't feel right about the story to me either. Can you link to an article or anything from 2006 RE the allegations? I'm not sure why my first impression was that she was shifty too....

Edit: especially since I am relatively unbiased, as I never saw the cosby show and it's way before my time.... Just reading the story something struck me as wrong.

Edited by StephenG