IGNORED

Record shopping with Luke Vibert

Herr Jan

After seeing that, I elect this the Luke Vibert emoticon: :dadjoke:

Haha, definitely! :dadjoke:

Incidentally, I'll be in London in a week. Can anyone recommend some good record shops to go to. Probably give myself 60£ or so. Preferably all in the one area, don't wanna have to go lugging around the place.

This was recorded over at Vinyl Pimp. Check out the other video in this series (there's only two vids so far) to see what that other guy pulled out! AFX in bargainbins etc. Can't tell you more about good shops in London, I only visited Camden Market for record shopping and that was ok.

Depends what you're after really. Sister Ray and Rough Trade are both represented in the Shoreditch area (Rough Trade East was where that BOC Tomorrow's Harvest promo video was displayed).

BM Soho is the only place I know about dance music in London and it's good. As the name suggests, it's in Soho, kinda tucked around the back of Carnaby St south of Oxford Road IIRC.

Cheers people.

Sounds of the Universe / Honest Jons is great, so is phonica for new electronic stuff! But the Pimp is where its at. I think hes the biggest discogs seller!

I wouldn't recommend shopping at Vinyl Pimp that much, they have some interesting stuff but are often overpriced for the condition of the records. Saying that I have bought from them in the past and there wasn't anything wrong with their service.

Umm...I really like this album. http://www.discogs.com/A-Guy-Called-Gerald-Proto-Acid-The-Berlin-Sessions/release/811217

I haven't delved too deeply into his music. I mean, I like 808 State. I believe 808 State and AGCG both played Bangface shows in the not too distant past.

That album and the follow-up (the “I only did it with VSTs one”) are both massive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived