IGNORED

Dear WATMM, been a while

Guest skytree

Make that a crunchy old watmmer reunion. Old but still crunchy like a bag of potatochips!

Hi Skytree! Welcome back!

Were you really away for all those years? Or just lurking in the dark (staying crunchy)?

Beard is alive. I am in the deep south philosophizing to muffaletta sammiches. It's okay. Enjoyed your latest tunes! I remember you telling me on a walk about how you want to turn nature's ambient sounds melodic, and I think you do that more with each release.

Guest skytree

Make that a crunchy old watmmer reunion. Old but still crunchy like a bag of potatochips!

Were you really away for all those years? Or just lurking in the dark (staying crunchy)?

I stopped in once for the Autechre Q&A, but that was about it really. Not much time for proper lurking. Now that I've got the time though, I felt like saying hey instead and seeing if there's proper stuff I can contribute. (:

Beard is alive. I am in the deep south philosophizing to muffaletta sammiches. It's okay. Enjoyed your latest tunes! I remember you telling me on a walk about how you want to turn nature's ambient sounds melodic, and I think you do that more with each release.

Glad to hear it man! Judging from the muffaletta I take it you're perhaps in New Orleans? Do you ever come up to NYC perchance?

Melodyne has been a bit of a godsend with respect to your latter point! Leagues to go yet but getting closer.

I have been meaning to get melodyne ever since someone posted a documentary interview with its creator a few years back. It looks like a perfect tool for messing for all the live instrument and vocal stuff I have going on.

I need a soundcard too, what do you use, with low noise, low latency external soundcard.

Guest skytree

I have been meaning to get melodyne ever since someone posted a documentary interview with its creator a few years back. It looks like a perfect tool for messing for all the live instrument and vocal stuff I have going on.

I need a soundcard too, what do you use, with low noise, low latency external soundcard.

Yeah you can pretty much use it to re-pitch anything with a tonal element, provided the waveform is stereo. Finding it especially useful for field recordings, either to determine the pitch of an animal call or something and adjust the track to it, or vice versa. Fun to analyze sounds from space too - I've found some pretty weird syncs between alternate tunings (esp. A=432 Hz) and sounds in the cosmos.

Interface wise, I know it's not the best but I use a PreSonus Firestudio Mobile. Solid pre-amps and low latency/low noise. Nabbed it more for portable purposes though. Only crit I have thus far is that the pots tend to get crackly faster than I expected but some contact cleaner should sort that out.

Cool cheers. I was going to get some roland soundcard external thingoe cause it's cheap and pretty good latency and probably won't crash fruity like the one on my motherboard is doing. I'll look up what you mentioned when I get home.

Guest skytree

Any more room for crustie oldies here ? Hey man, welcome back - always been jealous of the crazy bright hue of yer eyes (does that sound weird, it does doesn't it)

Cheers man. Always room for more. Being overtly weird on the internet is kinda like putting a bell on a cat. It was probably up to no good and acting shifty the whole time but at least then you can hear what it's up to and get some fair warning. So I'll just say thanks. (:

I stopped in once for the Autechre Q&A, but that was about it really. Not much time for proper lurking. Now that I've got the time though, I felt like saying hey instead and seeing if there's proper stuff I can contribute. (:

Glad to hear it man! Judging from the muffaletta I take it you're perhaps in New Orleans? Do you ever come up to NYC perchance?

Melodyne has been a bit of a godsend with respect to your latter point! Leagues to go yet but getting closer.

Mobile, AL -- never thought I'd end up here but that's academia for ya! No idea when I'll make it back to NYC, esp. w/ a little one on the way in February!!!!!!!!

Guest skytree

Mobile, AL -- never thought I'd end up here but that's academia for ya! No idea when I'll make it back to NYC, esp. w/ a little one on the way in February!!!!!!!!

Congrats man! Never been to Mobile but hope it's treatin you well bud. You'll be a good dad IMO.

Hey skytree! Welcome back - been seeing quite a few watmm old-timers around lately; makes me smile!

Thank you sir. (: Hard to stay away with all of the activity as of late. Got too burnt out from the fleeting festival/bass music scene - as disgruntled and autistic as the IDM scene can be I damn well prefer it at this point to be honest.

Dunno who ye are but welcome back i guess!!!! Your music is good!

Cheers man. (:

Hey Skytree. I haven't really talked to you or heard enough of your music, but you are obviously very passionate about what you do! I *really* like your track on the first Touched compilation from last year and I enjoy your FB crystal rants! Stick around this time ;)

Hey Tree! Sorry I dropped off our email conversation earlier this year. I had a baby and I've been working more than ever. But welcome to NYC, and hope to see you sometime! Keep watmm apprised of any live shows plaz. All the best (=

Guest skytree

Great to see you here... still on your Knotwork record since it came out...

Thanks man. Just started a thread to give away my new album if you'd like to nab it. Posted it initially in Your Latest Creations but should be moved to EKT New Releases shortly.

Hey Skytree. I haven't really talked to you or heard enough of your music, but you are obviously very passionate about what you do! I *really* like your track on the first Touched compilation from last year and I enjoy your FB crystal rants! Stick around this time ;)

Glad you dug the Touched compilation. Kinda kicking myself I didn't submit a track for the second one but I'd be happy to contribute to the third! Good thing they're doin.

Hey Tree! Sorry I dropped off our email conversation earlier this year. I had a baby and I've been working more than ever. But welcome to NYC, and hope to see you sometime! Keep watmm apprised of any live shows plaz. All the best (=

Hey A/D, no worries at all man. Congrats on the new mini-human! I can only imagine (just have two cats to take care of, though they do act a bit more like ferrets sometimes - weird little siameezers). I'll be uploading a soundboard recording of my last live show to Soundcloud and such soon so I'll be sure to post that here. Hope all's goin great dude - feel free to let me know when you get some downtime.

Archived