IGNORED

Bibio subforum?

Guest skytree

Guest skytree

Reckon he's earned it by now. One of the best producers on Warp and IMO shows little to no signs of creative fatigue. Wager he'll be going strong(er) for years. Might as well get the infrastructure in place, eh?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hah. Although i can't disagree, he's pretty with it. Still though, there's things that need to be done, like pressure from the members, secret rights, consultations with the divine, stuff like that

Also, i'm sure you've been asked, but are you the old member skytree? If you don't know who or what that is, well disregard this i spose. You are on the wrong side of the country.

edit: yes you are.

Guest skytree

hah. Although i can't disagree, he's pretty with it. Still though, there's things that need to be done, like pressure from the members, secret rights, consultations with the divine, stuff like that

Also, i'm sure you've been asked, but are you the old member skytree? If you don't know who or what that is, well disregard this i spose. You are on the wrong side of the country.

Good to be back man. Maybe I'll dig in here a bit more again and make it happen. Trust all is well?

Guest skytree

"Hey WATMM, what do you think about this incredibly talented artist on a label you all worship and secretly or not-so-secretly fap to daily?"

"Pssh rubbish - my gran's farts sound better."

Classic IDM-itude. I missed you guys.

Good to be back man. Maybe I'll dig in here a bit more again and make it happen. Trust all is well?

I exist, so that's pre cool.

Taylor Swift subforum. Get your priorities straight.

He won't get that reference, and thanks to my vigilance he never will. Although he did say that he was on fb, and peeps said it was all over that.

Also to fill you in, ppl round here have been annoyed with a lot of what warp releases/ the direction that they were going in for a few years now, so they're not worshipped.

Also, rephlex have sort of died, but may be back in some form we speculate, the artists have been putting up band camp pages. There's heaps of other non constants that illustrate the transitory nature of (some of) existence, but I'm sure ppl will fill you in or youll come across them as you go along.

Guest skytree

Taylor Swift subforum. Get your priorities straight.

He won't get that reference, and thanks to my vigilance he never will. Although he did say that he was on fb, and peeps said it was all over that.

Also to fill you in, ppl round here have been annoyed with a lot of what warp releases/ the direction that they were going in for a few years now, so they're not worshipped.

Also, rephlex have sort of died, but may be back in some form we speculate, the artists have been putting up band camp pages. There's heaps of other non constants that illustrate the transitory nature of (some of) existence, but I'm sure ppl will fill you in or youll come across them as you go along.

Thanks for the wee update there man. Always woefully ironic how much we want things to stay the same sometimes, when change is the only constant.

On another (semi-related) note, just learned there's not been a single platinum album this year. Taylor Swift's is speculated to perhaps be the last ever, (in)appropriately enough.

Re ski try but now in traction

!!

Is that in sales of physical, kids just buying singles and songs off the album that they like and not the filler. Or illustrative of a diversified music market now that kids aren't limited in their access to sounds thanks to the net.

Guest skytree

Re ski try but now in traction

!!

Is that in sales of physical, kids just buying singles and songs off the album that they like and not the filler. Or illustrative of a diversified music market now that kids aren't limited in their access to sounds thanks to the net.

This is a conversation for a whole new topic perhaps, but generally speaking, when a release goes platinum (whether it be a single, EP, album, whathaveyou) it must exceed 1,000,000 total physical units. Digital sales don't count according the RIAA's dinosaur understanding of the modern music ecosystem. So that explains a big part of it. There are countless other reasons as well, some of which you touched on.

ahh, no digital, well i guess it is hard to collate that info, but they still have google, itunes, bandcamp, numerous bricks and mortar with an online presence et al to draw info from.

Yeah but I like "music", not some confused pre-op transvestite's coming out... ep...

Also I'd be surprised if you could write five pages of anything. Because you like Burial's Rival Dealer. I'm actually having a hard time believing you'd even be able to wipe your own ass or have a conversation without losing 1.53 litres of fluid via drooling all over yourself. Inherently you'd become dehydrated quickly and if there wasn't a nurse around, you'd likely expire.

Archived