IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Read part 1 of SYROBONKERS! - an interview with Aphex Twin

Guest jasondonervan

that ws kroniktronikboy

where did we land on this guy? he added me on facebook and we talked regularly for about a year. most conversations we had were silly banter seeing who could be the most clever with put downs and stuff, trying to get anything sincere or serious across was pointless. i deleted my old facebook and he never added my new one baww

i know some of you here talked to this bloke too, his name on fb was ricardo jamiro. i came to the conclusion that he was a troll with way too much time on his hands.

He was on here too, but was banned. He took mixes from other members and labeled them some stupid tag and called it is own. There was also a bandcamp full of 'releases' by Rephlex artists (and once again, music from members here) on some suspicious 'Russian' label that was basically asking money for shitty soundcloud rips. I don't want to point at him immediately, but I have some suspicion that he was behind that. Not cool.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noyzeblog

some questions were inserted afterwards, answered amended etc, so the whole thing isn't sequential.

Infact that brings to mind something Joyrex said a while back about the "unusual" way he and Rich have kept in touch recently

I wonder if the interview was built using a cloud/live document service like Google Docs? And also whether that's how Rich does his communications to various people, rather than email? Any comment, JR?

With Syro, some of it sounds best on cans as i made most of it with phonz which I love doing [sony 7510's, tracks 6,7,8,9,11 to be precise], to be properly inside the music but is kinda shit/disjointed sounding then for listening on speakers/monitors coz ur not feeling it in your body when your making it, its just resonating ur ed

With the phoney7510's, they do translate extremely well, they're not the best pair of headphones for listening to music but to write/mix on, ive never heard anything as good as those yet, and I've heard a lot of em, not all but a lot, most, so mabe better ones out there.

So this answers every monitor headphone thread in EKT ever, right?

Yeah I was thinking that. My brother would be happy as he migrated from being frustrated by sennheiser to Sony a few years back.

Cue Sony ads with Ricardo wearing their headphones out and about. We've seen from that l'oreal shop that he's got the hair for it.

Guest progben

Noyzeblog

some questions were inserted afterwards, answered amended etc, so the whole thing isn't sequential.

Infact that brings to mind something Joyrex said a while back about the "unusual" way he and Rich have kept in touch recently

I wonder if the interview was built using a cloud/live document service like Google Docs? And also whether that's how Rich does his communications to various people, rather than email? Any comment, JR?

I think you might be on to something here. Also the fact that Joyrex said there'd be no new music kinda leads to me believe that maybe the 'new shit' is text based?

Imagine if it was some kind of track-by-track commentary on his processes and/or inspiration behind all of (or some of) his tunes. I'd definitely buy me some of that.

Guest Drahken

If he indeed doesnt have kids he is committed to the ruse. Between the "I just felt the baby moving" bit in Tuss, the kid samples in Syro.

Honestly, I think that bit was thrown in to do exactly what it did - sort the wheat from the chaff. Looking here and at GS its hilarious (and sad) how much of a 10+ page thread can be devoted to "He lies!" "No kids wtf" or the golden "9/11 - I've lost so much respect for him".

This thing is a fucking treasure trove of insight and the best anyone can bring to the table to chat about are the two things that have fuckall to do with music...on music/gear forums no less. Its hilarious!

Best interview ever, can't wait for part two.

Noyzeblog

I think you might be on to something here. Also the fact that Joyrex said there'd be no new music kinda leads to me believe that maybe the 'new shit' is text based?

Imagine if it was some kind of track-by-track commentary on his processes and/or inspiration behind all of (or some of) his tunes. I'd definitely buy me some of that.

havent joyrex said pretty clear that new shit will be about gear? that "thouse of you who got maximum from noyzelab part 1 will be specially amazed" or something. and it's something with warp.

we already have text based commentary - it's called noyzelab interview

If he indeed doesnt have kids he is committed to the ruse. Between the "I just felt the baby moving" bit in Tuss, the kid samples in Syro.

Honestly, I think that bit was thrown in to do exactly what it did - sort the wheat from the chaff. Looking here and at GS its hilarious (and sad) how much of a 10+ page thread can be devoted to "He lies!" "No kids wtf" or the golden "9/11 - I've lost so much respect for him".

This thing is a fucking treasure trove of insight and the best anyone can bring to the table to chat about are the two things that have fuckall to do with music...on music/gear forums no less. Its hilarious!

I loved it. I even liked the incrediblely lazy writing style. It feels very 'direct from the source'. And maybe I'm naive.. but he does have kids.. right? Obviously not with current GF but he talks so naturally about them so many times. I can picture them giggling while writing that first bit of the interview. I'm assuming that was the only real ruse.

exactly

We'lll get there, everyone likes some gossip. This stuff will be picked over for months and especially referred back to when ppl are talking about this or that equipment.

ie: get off your high horses, your bellend is showing under your kilt.

With Syro, some of it sounds best on cans as i made most of it with phonz which I love doing [sony 7510's, tracks 6,7,8,9,11 to be precise], to be properly inside the music but is kinda shit/disjointed sounding then for listening on speakers/monitors coz ur not feeling it in your body when your making it, its just resonating ur ed

With the phoney7510's, they do translate extremely well, they're not the best pair of headphones for listening to music but to write/mix on, ive never heard anything as good as those yet, and I've heard a lot of em, not all but a lot, most, so mabe better ones out there.

He probably hasn't heard the Yamaha HPH-MT220 yet. :spiteful:

also- why has the recent fm synthesis thread not exploded already?

that ws kroniktronikboy

where did we land on this guy? he added me on facebook and we talked regularly for about a year. most conversations we had were silly banter seeing who could be the most clever with put downs and stuff, trying to get anything sincere or serious across was pointless. i deleted my old facebook and he never added my new one baww

i know some of you here talked to this bloke too, his name on fb was ricardo jamiro. i came to the conclusion that he was a troll with way too much time on his hands.

He was on here too, but was banned. He took mixes from other members and labeled them some stupid tag and called it is own. There was also a bandcamp full of 'releases' by Rephlex artists (and once again, music from members here) on some suspicious 'Russian' label that was basically asking money for shitty soundcloud rips. I don't want to point at him immediately, but I have some suspicion that he was behind that. Not cool.

Argh, of course. Apologies to all, I had my "boy"s confused. kroniktronikboy was indeed the boy I was thinking of. Apologies and respect to PBoD, a watmm member in good standing. :/

kroniktronikboy was just some kid looking for attention. he's still around in some places, he followed me on soundcloud and i often see his name pop up when searching on soulseek - always against low bitrate rips of stuff from soundcloud, bandcamp and youtube...

i hope he actually does have kids. that bit about playing starcraft with them was cute.

Hopefully he taught hem how to zerg lush.

Y U No get credit?

That was a good one

Agreed.

that ws kroniktronikboy

Argh, of course. Apologies to all, I had my "boy"s confused. kroniktronikboy was indeed the boy I was thinking of. Apologies and respect to PBoD, a watmm member in good standing. :/

No worries mate

i also appreciate and agree with the idea that 'creative persons', artistes, musos, and all the other special types, should be the most important ones. 'hey i make tracks so i think making tracks should be the thing that everyone wants to suck your weiner for doing. not any of that other lames-ville stuff ppl do to get by'

oh uh.. but if he were a plumber maybe he would say 'i wish we lived in a society where plumbers were the ones who got worshipped' and i would agree with that too! and if this were a forum about plumbing, probably everyone would predictably agree. 'yah plumbing IS the most important job... without us everyone would be knee deep in shit! everyone should bow down to our shlongs right now'

Guest chops727

i also appreciate and agree with the idea that 'creative persons', artistes, musos, and all the other special types, should be the most important ones. 'hey i make tracks so i think making tracks should be the thing that everyone wants to suck your weiner for doing. not any of that other lames-ville stuff ppl do to get by'

oh uh.. but if he were a plumber maybe he would say 'i wish we lived in a society where plumbers were the ones who got worshipped' and i would agree with that too! and if this were a forum about plumbing, probably everyone would predictably agree. 'yah plumbing IS the most important job... without us everyone would be knee deep in shit! everyone should bow down to our shlongs right now'

Well you could be an artistic plumber

Well you could be an autistic plumber

Archived