IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Read part 1 of SYROBONKERS! - an interview with Aphex Twin

Guest jasondonervan

No, still not got anywhere with it. The = sign at the end really hinted as BASEn encoding (they're usually used to pad the file to make it the right number of bits) but I can't get any to work at all.

homer-simpson.gif

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, still not got anywhere with it. The = sign at the end really hinted as BASEn encoding (they're usually used to pad the file to make it the right number of bits) but I can't get any to work at all.

homer-simpson.gif

Agreed with mcbpete. In fact, one of the first things I saw in reply to the code tweet was mcb complaining that it wasn't base64!

Small world wattmmms.

homer-simpson.gif

Agreed with mcbpete. In fact, one of the first things I saw in reply to the code tweet was mcb complaining that it wasn't base64!

Small world wattmmms.

*Confused Homer*. I know fuck all about codes, coding, ciphers, etc.

It's all way over my head. Hoping you or MCB can knock it out.

Well, it certainly looks like base64, in that it uses the only special characters (+, /) that are part of the acceptable set for base64, along with the padding character at the end.

I was working on the idea that the string doesn't decode to text, but might be a file of some sort (e.g small image) so decoded as base64 to a binary file and ran it through a little program called TrID, which can detect over 5,400 file formats, but that drew a blank too - it doesn't recognise it

Guest austin2

Don't rule out base64 just because it doesn't decode to a string. The hexadecimal of the output is b4eb60a7f97607213921abfc107cfecb15784eb1799d881fe352354456109a7d0703c792a4837421333921152f7804213131213f44184266

Maybe we need to take it a step further. 56 bytes long. It's not the length of any standard hash digest or anything.

The guys just posted this on twitter: tOtgp/l2ByE5Iav8EHz+yxV4TrF5nYgf41I1RFYQmn0HA8eSpIN0ITM5IRUveAQhMTEhP0QYQmY=

I'm shite at spotting decryption types - Doesn't look like the traditional ROT/Caesar cipher. Base32 & Base64 doesn't seem to come up with anything either. The tweet ( https://twitter.com/noyzelab/status/530703478528544768) has a safe lock pointing to 32, guessing that's a clue (and why I originally thought ROT again)

possibly related to the TOR stuff for SYRO?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

jharvard@appliance (~): ~cs50/pset2/devigenere SYROBONKUS
Ciphertext: tOtgp/l2ByE5Iav8EHz+yxV4TrF5nYgf41I1RFYQmn0HA8eSpIN0ITM5IRUveAQhMTEhP0QYQmY=
Plaintext: bQ

How did you get to this point? This is 5deep6me so I'm looking at this thing like a caveman at a monolith. jharvard@appliance led me to a page about how to use CS50 Appliance which is p interesting. The 'devigenere' bit means it's a vigenere cipher? Am slow pls halp

Ciphertext: tOtgp/l2ByE5Iav8EHz+yxV4TrF5nYgf41I1RFYQmn0HA8eSpIN0ITM5IRUveAQhMTEhP0QYQmY=

How did you get to this point? This is 5deep6me so I'm looking at this thing like a caveman at a monolith. jharvard@appliance led me to a page about how to use CS50 Appliance which is p interesting. The 'devigenere' bit means it's a vigenere cipher? Am slow pls halp

tumblr_ltjlk35lqf1r124nx.jpg

dis is getting pretty spoopy

Guest Toastmann

tOtgp/l2ByE5Iav8EHz+yxV4TrF5nYgf41I1RFYQmn0HA8eSpIN0ITM5IRUveAQhMTEhP0QYQmY=

Looks like a AES-256 string for me, with 2 secret keys.

Could someone try to decrypt it with CIRCLONT6A as first key and syro u473t8+e as second key?

nvm il try myself

Archived