IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Read part 1 of SYROBONKERS! - an interview with Aphex Twin

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I'd ever get to read an RDJ interview this detailed, and this is just part one, fuckin ell.

Pretty cool though. Love the studio/installation shots! Took a fucking eternity to read on my phone though, had to take a break at one point.

Also, interesting how the video clips have been uploaded on the official Warp account as unlisted. I'm guessing/hoping they're in posession of a load of footage from the installation, and are saving it up for a banging documentary.

Also, interesting how the video clips have been uploaded on the official Warp account as unlisted. I'm guessing/hoping they're in posession of a load of footage from the installation, and are saving it up for a banging documentary.

hey, I didn't get that far in this interview but there are big chances that it's related to this imminent mysterious announcement Joyrex is supposed to make isn't it?

hey, I didn't get that far in this interview but there are big chances that it's related to this imminent mysterious announcement Joyrex is supposed to make isn't it?

That would be lovely, but I don't think any of the clues he gave were relating to anything of that nature. But hey, could totally be looking at it from the wrong angle. The only realistic thing I can think of that'd be 'better than new music', would be a full-on RDJ/installation doc.

Guest bitroast

amazing. just finished reading (part 1) and really, really enjoyed. good fun insight into favourite artist. the music tidbits are great too (the ones linked in interview are downloadable (higher quality than soundcloud streaming bitrate)). others are not downloadble (ie. that avril14 being played reversed recording) but ahh best not to complain this is fucking great :):)

have been waiting to hear proper quality avril14 remix piano track + pendulum mic track for good long while (+ of course, the swinging piano track that eventually became aisatsana on syro).

so nice to finally have the source quality live recordings from the night of the 2 tracks + aisatsana :):)

have been waiting to hear proper quality avril14 remix piano track + pendulum mic track for good long while (+ of course, the swinging piano track that eventually became aisatsana on syro).

so nice to finally have the source quality live recordings from the night of the 2 tracks + aisatsana :):)

Definitely! High quality recordings of those two is such a treat :) I didn't even notice the info with the download until now: 'recorded live at the barbican with a midas heritage 3000 mixer, various makes of mics x14, 14 wedge'

lol at the info on his sons tracks:

genre: afx jr

comment: my dad is aphex

fucking great to hear stuff like window peeper

i've always found it so cool that the vast majority of his early-mid 90s stuff was devoid of classic/cliche breaks/samples, so its cool to get a look behind the scenes kinda and see that yes indeed afx did at one point loop classic breaks for minutes on end ha

the lofi crunchy quality to the drums reminds me a LOT of paradox tunes

awesome interview thanks noyzelab

Archived