IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Read part 1 of SYROBONKERS! - an interview with Aphex Twin

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dave: speculation abounds regarding follow up releases, the watmm forum already has a thread going about it :

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84612-as-syro-is-pretty-much-clear-lets-speculate-about-eznzea-and-xbpi/

are the titles accurate? what sort of new material can we expect from u in the future? do u have any hints or timeframes for other releases?

rich: no, fuk knws where they got that from, yea well loads planned hopefully i wont get sidetracked, more experimental stuff and robotic/electro mechanical stuff, its all pretty much ready to go, so just got to master it.

syro was like the friendly easiest listening selection, although it is most of my fave unreleased tunes of last 10 years, so its no cop out.

The other stuff ,got to be in right frame of mind to hear it.

dave: speculation abounds regarding follow up releases, the watmm forum already has a thread going about it :

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84612-as-syro-is-pretty-much-clear-lets-speculate-about-eznzea-and-xbpi/

are the titles accurate? what sort of new material can we expect from u in the future? do u have any hints or timeframes for other releases?

rich: no, fuk knws where they got that from, yea well loads planned hopefully i wont get sidetracked, more experimental stuff and robotic/electro mechanical stuff, its all pretty much ready to go, so just got to master it.

syro was like the friendly easiest listening selection, although it is most of my fave unreleased tunes of last 10 years, so its no cop out.

Yeah, glad Richard finally debunked that, even after Joyrex and others already did this before.

Yeah, glad Richard finally debunked that, even after Joyrex and others already did this before.

I'm sorry but I won't let myself be programmed to believe that. And I choose to think for myself, despite being presented with these facts that are compelely contrary to what I wish to believe. I know you are intelligent etc. but my baseless speculations just happen to be a bastion of absolute truth.

REMEMBER EZNZEA

I'm sorry but I won't let myself be programmed to believe that. And I choose to think for myself, despite being presented with these facts that are compelely contrary to what I wish to believe. I know you are intelligent etc. but my baseless speculations just happen to be a bastion of absolute truth.

REMEMBER EZNZEA

Well, if the bra fits...

REMEMBER EZNZEA

I haven't forgot eznzea. Sounds like an aphex album to me. Even though it's supposedly been debunked, I'm still rolling with it. Hell, ole Richy is into pretty much any conspiracy theory he can get his hands on. I'll believe in the eznzea one...thank you very much.

Have to reccount likkle proud story here, around 1995ish, I was at a reclaim the streets party in London, i usually went to them on my bike and I was in the city of london with about 10,000 people shuffling about around all the banks & office blocks, quite peacefully & casually, a dreadgirl came up 2 me had a bit of a go at me for having a flash bike[ it was pretty dope have to admit, still got it] which got my feathers rustled a bit B U T then this truck which had been sitting innocently at the side of the road, right in the middle of the crowd rolled up the back to reveal large sound system and immediately proceeded to blast out caustic window 'garden of linmiri' !!!!

The whole fucking road just went totally insane! it was such an unbelievable moment for me can you imagine? probably best moment of my life actually, sweet as a nut.
its total riot music and people understood it.

le born in the wrong generation xD

Its why we are here imo, I often say to people who get depressed as I never do,
you need to be either loving/caring, creating or learning, then you will be fine.

Inspiring :snares:

I would enjoy this interview a lot more if I didn't get the sense that most of it was lies. One sentence is "I made up I have kids" and the next "My kid made this"

I would enjoy this interview a lot more if I didn't get the sense that most of it was lies. One sentence is "I made up I have kids" and the next "My kid made this"

Yea. was a bit confused by that. Vintage Richard really.

i think he was referencing some earlier (troll) interviews, pre-syro era, where he was rambling about divorce costs and whatnot

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Surely this 'interview' is a piss take?

No. :D

Did not read the full thing yet, but i'm planning to do so. So. Much. Information.

there is a lot of equipment talk, which is probably a real treat for everyone in here who makes music. :)

Window Peeper-Pbod, Spectrum 48k Beats1q-Pbod and the alternative take on Avril 14th sound awesome.

And this is only the first part!! :D

in a better world reality, creative acts would be considered the most important, not who makes the most money or who is good looking.

Its why we are here imo, I often say to people who get depressed as I never do,

you need to be either loving/caring, creating or learning, then you will be fine.

I agree with that sentiment very much. Very interesting read overall.

[important note to reader from prichard]

have to say to anyone reading this at this point you dont need any hardware to make electronic music apart from a computer, thats it, you have to be slightly mad to want to use hardware these days, its just what ive always loved for many reasons, so i keep doin it, its what buzzes me up.

the more equipment u have the harder it gets, its that simple, i think no equipment is actually the best situation because then you have to sort something else out and its totally open, as soon as u add ONE piece of equipment it adds constraints to wot ur about to do ..so bear tht in mind.

so true. needed this

I hope this is the first in a 10-part interview so we can all have our Aphex fixes until the next release comes out.

And... Free unreleased Aphex tracks!! who would've thought that would ever happen?

Two parts, sorry :) I'd say it's long enough though?

But I agree, if someone told me a few years back that an interview with so many input from Richard would happen, I would've never believed it. I haven't suspected too many lies in this (ok, the nannou truck story seems too much), the first answer about faking marriage/kids just seems like obvious sarcasm by Richard.

REMEMBER EZNZEA

I haven't forgot eznzea. Sounds like an aphex album to me. Even though it's supposedly been debunked, I'm still rolling with it. Hell, ole Richy is into pretty much any conspiracy theory he can get his hands on. I'll believe in the eznzea one...thank you very much.

Wooo Aphex quotes and reads my topics and confirms my signature at the same time :aphexsign: (still it could be named eznzea and he even he himself could lie about it until its released hehe)

that bit on how he made Fenix Funk 5 is fascinating and also explains his advice to stick with computers...

actually its TWO synton fenix's patched together making that vocal baseline riff, using all the bandpass filters on both machines....

it sounded a bit more vocal on an earlier pass

, thats the thing with complex analogue patches in the context of a 'song' and not just fucking about with them in experiments, they just change all the time and its pretty imposs/extremely hard to keep them sounding the same throughout the whole process of making a big track , i like the challenge though, like i say you have to be slightly mad to even attempt it, i have quite a few tricks I've invented to keep things in tune over the years though

sounds pretty grueling... but it's just that unpredictability and physicality of analogue that makes it so addicting!

actually you know this thing about apologising for being, like i just did a geek, it fucking pisses me off.

I basically think if your not being a geek i.e. not talking about intricate details of something or not about to say something of interest then you should warn people, I'm sorry but I'm about to say something really boring,pointless, normal cunt shallow vacuum brain person alert shite!!!
:)

Fuck yeah. I love you, Rich.

Archived