IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Read part 1 of SYROBONKERS! - an interview with Aphex Twin

Guest jasondonervan

Bah, just when I decide to tone down the net use.

/tones it down anyway. I hope that all those things posted to that Soundcloud don't get pulled before I get to check them. Also lol at the wifey actually girlfriend thing, the universe is back in balance.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the interview: brain=melted

Also: kids or not? maybe he doesn't have kids, instead he spawned some funny little men from some old speccy?

That Microdot trip story was scary, so pkd.

Great interview. My fav so far for sure. Looking forward to part 2, AND... I really hope he gave the new album to warp the week he sent that email.

Great interview. My fav so far for sure. Looking forward to part 2, AND... I really hope he gave the new album to warp the week he sent that email.

Yeah! It does sound like he went "January? Meh, nevermind..."

[Gut feeling says if release, EP rather than album]

I may have blacked out for a while there, but has no one else caught that apparently PhonicBoyOnDope (he of being… banned? from watmm several times or whatever) is apparently RDJ ???

:trollface:

I may have blacked out for a while there, but has no one else caught that apparently PhonicBoyOnDope (he of being banned? from watmm several times or whatever) is apparently RDJ ???

No, it's known for a while that Aphex was first named Phonic Boy On Dope. That was just some guy that took the name. It would be too obvious otherwise.

woa this is huge. i'm excited about the next part (parts?)... interesting read, though it's veeery techy sometimes, just too much for me to be honest. but nice of richard to state once again: you don't need all this complicated stuff to write great music!

I may have blacked out for a while there, but has no one else caught that apparently PhonicBoyOnDope (he of being… banned? from watmm several times or whatever) is apparently RDJ ???

Even though obvious troll, I'll still bite just for everyone else :) firstly, he's not banned at all (and hasn't been afaik), and he's obviously not Richard. Second, he used this name on a 1992 release:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Philosophy-Of-Sound-And-Machine/release/51236

Q-Chastic

CAT 002

Written-By – PBoD

And it's also been explained in the 2005 I Love Aphex Twin special that Mary Anne Hobbs made for the BBC, I think it was Mixmaster Morris who did the explaining of the name.

I REALLY, REALLY hope Aphex is joking about all this conspiracy stuff

really hope he's not, as richard said

Im really, really sorry to all folks who might be reading this but if you believe the ridiculous story that is being pedaled about 9/11 from the mainstream media then you are absolutely gullible, some very clever people are also very naive and very gullible

and he's right

Im really, really sorry to all folks who might be reading this but if you believe the ridiculous story that is being pedaled about 9/11 from the mainstream media then you are absolutely gullible, some very clever people are also very naive and very gullible

and he's right

Whatever, I've lost a big deal of respect for him

not sure if mentioned yet (didnt read whole thread) but the break in Xmasevet10 seems like it was done with one of his logo foundations robot drummers. 'Metz Pa ha break' sounds just like the Xmasevet10 break to me, it is right (just through more reverb)?
It makes sense unless someone has already identified/sample spotted that break.

Even though obvious troll, I'll still bite just for everyone else :) firstly, he's not banned at all (and hasn't been afaik), and he's obviously not Richard. Second, he used this name on a 1992 release:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Philosophy-Of-Sound-And-Machine/release/51236

Q-Chastic

CAT 002

Written-By – PBoD

And it's also been explained in the 2005 I Love Aphex Twin special that Mary Anne Hobbs made for the BBC, I think it was Mixmaster Morris who did the explaining of the name.

Ohhhhh, okay. No, no troll on my part, but I was not aware that PBoD was a previously-known pseudonym of RDJ. I didn't know the name was out there already. It being confirmed and then later co-opted by another troll makes much more sense.

Cheers for the straightening-out!

Another thing I read on ytube about 1 of my traks was ' this is art not music' ! Ha they meant to be nice but I think this reflects how a lot of people see music these days as some kind of utility that just does expected things, its very, very sad, sad shit., spiritually lowest point of humanity vibes..

fucking lol

not sure if mentioned yet (didnt read whole thread) but the break in Xmasevet10 seems like it was done with one of his logo foundations robot drummers. 'Metz Pa ha break' sounds just like the Xmasevet10 break to me, it is right (just through more reverb)?
It makes sense unless someone has already identified/sample spotted that break.

That's what I thought too.

and he's right

Whatever, I've lost a big deal of respect for him

brain-melt-o.gif

Archived