IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Read part 1 of SYROBONKERS! - an interview with Aphex Twin

Guest jasondonervan

This was a pretty cool interview, although I'm not very interested in all the gear talk. I really wanted some insight into the tracks, but I guess that is what the gear talk is.

I wonder how many lies he told. Does he have kids? He's apparently not married. Are the tracks that are supposedly his son's actually things he was playing with?

I look forward to part 2.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, this interview is a bit of an embarrassment of riches for an AFX fan. It never seemed like there would be such an in-depth discussion of gear and techniques -- along with the gear list on Syro. Quite amazing, really. I like the idea of resampling so much and I've done it like three times on my projects. Feeling inspired now.

Yeah, this is really incredible. He's NEVER been so open about his process. Fantastic stuff. Damn, I need to make some music.

hahaah. instant gratification. They need decent comedy programs that can handle these kinds of issues. I don't care about the half eaten donuts from the minds of the unwashed and underilluminated.

Another thing I read on ytube about 1 of my traks was ' this is art not music' ! Ha they meant to be nice but I think this reflects how a lot of people see music these days as some kind of utility that just does expected things, its very, very sad, sad shit., spiritually lowest point of humanity vibes..

fucking lol

makes no sense to me though.

how is that sad?

how is he able to have a conclusion lke its sad to say art rather then music.

seriously, I thought he was more mature then dat. I think I prefer the mysterious, silent type aphex twin.

What he's referring to is the way people like to condescendingly dismiss music they don't understand as 'art' rather than music.

Guest progben

he's quite charming really. I like the way the whole thing is barely formatted - makes the conversation feel a lot more natural and organic.

as for the conspiracy stuff, I agree with a previous poster in that his assumptions may miss the mark sometimes, but he's hitting on the sentiment of the thing spot-on. I don't think 9/11 was an 'inside job', but I do believe that the US government knew who the men were and what they were planning to do well in adv. and ignored them (for whatever reason).

also I read the 'art not music' comment as Aphex being angry that people are building up his music to be 'pure art' when really, all he cares about is the music. I think he feels like people are missing the point.

Actually you all sound like the politicians back in the 90s who tried to stop Scanner scanning/tapping phones and killed off the rave scene, never knew how conservative watmm was, funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photo-18261.jpg

Still waiting for the translation btw....

And that barbican recording, where's the anastasia part from that recording? Me want

i believe he said the recording of aisatsana was all fucked up which is why he rerecorded it for syro

thing is in a better world reality, creative acts would be considered the most important, not who makes the most money or who is good looking.

Its why we are here imo, I often say to people who get depressed as I never do,

you need to be either loving/caring, creating or learning, then you will be fine.

this is a fucking amazing quote

thing is in a better world reality, creative acts would be considered the most important, not who makes the most money or who is good looking.

you need to be either loving/caring, creating or learning, then you will be fine.

It's bullshit though. "Are you sad? Then you should stop being sad". No shit Aphex, mind blown

I like the part about a better world where creative acts would be considered the most important, but you're right, the other part's a bit dodgy.

Guest chops727

It's bullshit though. "Are you sad? Then you should stop being sad". No shit Aphex, mind blown

But your putting your own words in his mouth/rephrasing what he typed and then calling it bullshit.

That's just nasty bullshit.

Archived