IGNORED

most ridiculous music covers

eugene

the interesting thing about covers is that unlike usual output there's a very well defined point of reference, i think it makes it kinda easier to distill the artist's (who's doing the cover) vision and essence. in other words it's like stating "that's how i understand x" where often we lack that x in artist's output, especially in the music going around here. it's not a clearcut definition obviously, because people are doing covers for all kinds reasons but still there is something about it i think. with that said, what are the most unusual/unthinkable/ridiculous covers you know?

here are a few examples:

Guest jasondonervan

I remember feeling a bit let down by this when 'DYKS?' came out. I was expecting some mind-bending squarepusher-ified beast of a version after the titular track's storming script-flipping 12" release, but the cover fell a bit flat as it didn't sound like it was from 200 years in the future like I expected it would. I've long since got over it, and it's still a nice track to have a Squarebosher hum-a-long with, but yeah... it could have been so much more.

DYKS, lel

Archived