IGNORED

Die Antwoord - Ugly Boy

david

+1 for the cool video, it seems they have stuck with this aesthetic and even though the video is a continuity of what they've done in the past it didn't bore me at all.

I'm quite sure the very pale lady is Yolandi, the white rapper dude with the tats I think is Vanilla Ice or maybe Donnie Wahlberg. The one with the blackface rdj mask is afroman.

I can't work this band out. I think because they leave me so emotionally cold, they occupy some strange twilight zone of my brain. I never ever would want to listen to their music without a video. And once I've watched the video? I never want to listen to that music again.

They're like a video nasty. Loads you want to see out of curiosity but zero/nothing to immerse yourself in once you scratch below the surface.

I can't work this band out. I think because they leave me so emotionally cold, they occupy some strange twilight zone of my brain. I never ever would want to listen to their music without a video. And once I've watched the video? I never want to listen to that music again.

They're like a video nasty. Loads you want to see out of curiosity but zero/nothing to immerse yourself in once you scratch below the surface.

I agree. I don't actively hate them or anything.. but I just don't feel it in the least.. nor am I shocked by it or find it all that novel (musically).

That AFX hoodie that Yolandi wears is so tight!

I really like Die Antwoord, i even went and saw them live recently. The main selling point was the chance to hear this beat on some ridiculous sound system but unfortunately they didn't play it. Still was a very fun show, i don't regret it. I like the energy of their stuff, i can really enjoy dumb music if the energy captivates me.

Anyone notice that Ninja (the main rapper) makes the "Aphex face" at 0:45 ?

Archived