IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I really hope this lasts until he is done doing whatever he is doing. It has to end, unfortunately. I just hope it's not because of internet trolls. Remember Richard: for every troll there are hundreds of quiet fans really enjoying this! I've been checking this forum everyday for over 10 years and this is the most amazing time to be here! THANK YOU! We Love Aphex!

Guest snilp

Wait wouldn't he need to be releasing this stuff under the 'Aphex Twin' moniker if they were gonna sue him? E.g. he released Analord on Rephlex under AFX and as far as I know he hasn't put his soundcloud stuff out under Aphex Twin but with his soundcloud username. Agh! So concerning!

In the description for the Surfing on Sine Waves playlist:

"Would love to release this on Warp, all mastered properly, maybe a dble album, Warp?"

Doesn't sound like there's any bad blood between them...

Wait wouldn't he need to be releasing this stuff under the 'Aphex Twin' moniker if they were gonna sue him? E.g. he released Analord on Rephlex under AFX and as far as I know he hasn't put his soundcloud stuff out under Aphex Twin but with his soundcloud username. Agh! So concerning!

Yeah but there's stuff like the alternate versions of RDJ album tracks and the Donkey Rhubarb remix. They very obviously use material from tracks that have been released on Warp.

In the description for the Surfing on Sine Waves playlist:

"Would love to release this on Warp, all mastered properly, maybe a dble album, Warp?"

Doesn't sound like there's any bad blood between them...

I doubt it would be Warp suing him, the label might have swerved off its original course but there's no way they're going to kill off their relationship with their biggest cash cow. Dolla dolla bill y'all!

if anything this should be helping warp? also that playlist for sosw2 is perfect.

Edited by Kingdom of Heaven

I really hope some red tape bullshit isn't killing this whole thing. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for Warp to want to mess with one of their biggest names. Aphex surely has more than his foot in the door with Warp, so I doubt they'd make a big fuss over these dumps.

Guest cult fiction

My stab at SOSW 2 fitting onto 2x 33rpm

A
spectrum 4:26
Quad Rave TEAC - 4:55
SubCan - 3:41

B
Metal Gate - 5:06
Fresher + Cleaner 6:28
Kids Beach 4:56

C
Chink 101 5:38
mooow [Dixons Theft mix] - 4:30
Plinkyplonk 4:16

D
34.5 P.e - 7:20
glockenspiel TEAC 3:46
Utopia 7:19

How's the poll coming ?

coming along well - hoping to put an initial version up this weekend

had a few people on chatmm test basic functionality yesterday

Guest gorfman666

How's the poll coming ?

coming along well - hoping to put an initial version up this weekend

had a few people on chatmm test basic functionality yesterday

you need any help on the design side?

i think you guys are reading too much into this imo

Why do think that?

Personally I don't think it is Warp related, I think he has a very solid fanbase who will always buy what he releases.

On the contrary this whole thing can only help Warp sell more records, as more people will get to know his muisic.

I already sent him a positive message, I think it would be cool if as many of us here would do that so we can outnumber the negativity he is receiving!

Saw this description on the PrncDMC track, didn't see it before so don't know if it was there cool story though :)

"1989-90

made on a qx21 sequencer, nightmare

how i got the recording qual this good on cassette is a mystery to me now, lots of trial and error spose, not sure how those cassettes would sound these days, safe to say that they wont sound better but i could do the transfers better and ADC's are much better these days, so dunno, swings & roundabouts.
i encoded this and loads of others onto DAT about 25 years ago, when London records lent me a Sony DTC 1000 for 2 days around 1992 and i quickly backed up as much as poss [lucky i did] as well as giving them pacman :)
Back then there was no way to backup a recorded song, no way at all !!!
think about that you youngsters, sure you could record it onto ANOTHER tape but it would always sound terrible.
So I used to get ver paranoid about my master tapes…i kept them in military water proof boxes, still in them now, most of em, not all.
I’m actually getting progressively worse at keeping my stuff safe now .
But then DAT came along to save the day, even though they pretty much always glitched on me, some of my mates got lucky with them, i thnk i was just in too much of a hurry and didn’t treat them very carefully.
I went through about 10 DAT machines, portable ones, big ones, never liked any of them really.
I bought a £7,000[new]DAT machine last year for £50, recorded beautifully until i dropped it 30 cm onto a carpet, but the thing was so heavy it totally broke, bugger,slipped out of my hands!
I once hacked a DAT player to play back DAT tapes that i purposefully ruined, strtching the tape, spraying hair spray on the tape etc, fucked the speed of the motor up etc, sounded really good, will dig out., used plenty of sounds from it though like in ‘xepha’, that has some stuff from that.
then from DAT to computer about 10 years ago."

I already sent him a positive message, I think it would be cool if as many of us here would do that so we can outnumber the negativity he is receiving!

yeah let's all go scientology on his ass

Saw this description on the PrncDMC track, didn't see it before so don't know if it was there cool story though :)

"1989-90

made on a qx21 sequencer, nightmare

how i got the recording qual this good on cassette is a mystery to me now, lots of trial and error spose, not sure how those cassettes would sound these days, safe to say that they wont sound better but i could do the transfers better and ADC's are much better these days, so dunno, swings & roundabouts.

i encoded this and loads of others onto DAT about 25 years ago, when London records lent me a Sony DTC 1000 for 2 days around 1992 and i quickly backed up as much as poss [lucky i did] as well as giving them pacman :)

Back then there was no way to backup a recorded song, no way at all !!!

think about that you youngsters, sure you could record it onto ANOTHER tape but it would always sound terrible.

So I used to get ver paranoid about my master tapes…i kept them in military water proof boxes, still in them now, most of em, not all.

I’m actually getting progressively worse at keeping my stuff safe now .

But then DAT came along to save the day, even though they pretty much always glitched on me, some of my mates got lucky with them, i thnk i was just in too much of a hurry and didn’t treat them very carefully.

I went through about 10 DAT machines, portable ones, big ones, never liked any of them really.

I bought a £7,000[new]DAT machine last year for £50, recorded beautifully until i dropped it 30 cm onto a carpet, but the thing was so heavy it totally broke, bugger,slipped out of my hands!

I once hacked a DAT player to play back DAT tapes that i purposefully ruined, strtching the tape, spraying hair spray on the tape etc, fucked the speed of the motor up etc, sounded really good, will dig out., used plenty of sounds from it though like in ‘xepha’, that has some stuff from that.

then from DAT to computer about 10 years ago."

I'm enjoying these stories just as much as the music. I love getting a behind the scenes peek at how he made those sounds. Tell us more, Father Richard!

ive always been kind of amazed, maybe a bit doubting (i believe him now) that stuff like all of saw1 or sosw was from cassette tapes. not that it's impossible, but there are limitations to the medium which just dont always seem very apparent on those recordings.

wondering why he didnt just get a nice reel deck

Guest Kordinate

He's waiting for someone to find him the book, We the Skythians.....

The book that can't be found! :cerious: