IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Really wish Rich would continue to upload the old stuff after he'll finally get his precious customized tape deck back from repaire/maintainance. I know he said he will most likely use his bleepstore for the new archive uploads too, but imo Souncloud would be more handy with that kind of project. He could put the best gems available to purchase to the bleepstore and put the others to soundcloud (with downloads embedded of course :spiteful: ). Would lower the bar to put "not the most perfect" tracks there too and dunno if it would be reasonable to master every one the new tracks anyway. And since the comment thing was so important to most of people, sc would take care of that too. Yes, you can make comments on Bleepstore too, but the discussion on sc was more track orientated.

I'm just being greedy and mingy. AFX SC was the best thing ever and would really love to see it continued since the execution was perfect. The totally randomness was also a big part of the appeal. Never knew what period was going on at the moment. Could be totally different style and period from the last track uploaded.  I'll live in hope.

I'm just being greedy and mingy. AFX SC was the best thing ever and would really love to see it continued since the execution was perfect. The totally randomness was also a big part of the appeal. Never knew what period was going on at the moment. Could be totally different style and period from the last track uploaded.  I'll live in hope.

I'd like him to use soundcloud just because it's more exciting when there's a new upload and tons of people are commenting, felt communal in some way. I understand if he'd want to use methods that would net him some profit for his 90's self's effort. Though he could release on soundcloud and have it linked up to buy it. He'd reach more ears that way.

Edited by Brisbot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

another underrated and under-listened to jam from dumps...

[tnodvood104]

if you know of any others, post 'em!

The vox are so bizarrely satisfying!

Wow indeed.  No idea how this one slipped by me.

For my contribution, the pair of tracks Vtnm and Vtnm2.  icbyd/ventolin era sounds with a dark jam vibe

Crazy to think this was probably a precursor to the Collapse-era old drum machine style. I remember hearing that just after Syro and being confused why he wasn't going forward but going back to old drum machines, now it makes perfect sense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijgHAS6kw_w&t=0s

Yea, he put that up on xmess ,that's the only track from his soundcloud we didn't get the download from

so good:)

drop this at 4:20am

at a rave:)

:aphexsign:

The photo used for the YouTube art is very disturbing...

so good:)

drop this at 4:20am

at a rave:)

:aphexsign:

The photo used for the YouTube art is very disturbing...

its the same art used on the sc upload, reminds me of the beginning of one of the saw movies where theyre shackled up on their ankles with the key in the middle of the room. cant remember what saw it is nor care to look it up

Hmmmmmzzzz? he just posted "popcorn" on soundcloud with #storytelling

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/popcorn

yep yep just popped fresh ol popcorn:)

download while it's hot

Thanks RDJ:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

tried putting popcorn on my player

but the kernels were too big:)

4608 kbps

Haha:)

From Joyrex J4

> respek 2 Gershon kingsley and hot butter <

people ask me for this from time2 time as it never got released on CD and I just re-encoded it from the original cassette, so here u go, i'm gunna take it down tomorrow, so grab it quick if thou wants it.

Cant remember when it was made, it's quite a lot older than the Rephlex release, Id say 1990 as I pinched this break , dub mix is dope.

www.discogs.com/Subject-13-Eternity/release/69981

which in turns pinches the bassline from this if anyone cares :)

www.youtube.com/watch?time_contin…e=4&v=xKEIW3vhSwU