IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Been listening to the new SoundCloud tracks in the sunnny garden today, and think this might just be the best stuff he has done in years (I'm kinda assuming these are new rather than old stuff right?)

Either way  so cool he just chucked this out there, if this came out as proper ep would be classed as up there with his best imo

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Time Tourist said:

So if the backend was easier he would've added many more tracks probably. Jezus, who the hell built that thing? How hard can it be? 

Would he make more from his bleep store than a bc artist page?

27 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Would he make more from his bleep store than a bc artist page?

I would expect him to have a pretty good deal. And he is in full control of it. So i guess he must make more than a bc artist. 

3 hours ago, kirm said:

Been listening to the new SoundCloud tracks in the sunnny garden today, and think this might just be the best stuff he has done in years (I'm kinda assuming these are new rather than old stuff right?)

Either way  so cool he just chucked this out there, if this came out as proper ep would be classed as up there with his best imo

yeah. it really is like a very good EP. the songs are psychedelic af.

• Like 1

yeah, my first listen was reverse chronological (from the order he posted it) and it sounded kind of like a perfect Aphex EP... possibly would end up being one of my faves.  Surprising, as the first dump was a quite a hodge podge with the odd gem here and there - most tracks I could see why he'd have chosen not to release them officially.  But these ones all resonated big time for me on first listen (may have just been in the right psychological state, but pretty sure they put me there).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goDel said:

the old version i have is a different one though. and that one was titled "11 donkey rhubarb remix". this one is a bit shorter, and something with mastering...cant tell ?

The new upload 0.43 BPM faster and a little bit more boosted according to what I see on Traktor. Spek shows that it might be a different source..

zdasda.png

51_11_donkey_rhubarb_remix.mp3.png

donkey_rhubarb_[remix[ALTmst2]].mp3.png

• Farnsworth 3

In reference to the infamous DFN "acid rain" event aka one of the best live experiences I've ever had.

user18081971 at 0:07:

@nicfitsandchill: it was completely insane, never experienced a temperature drop like that, nothing like that happens in the UK and I mean nothing,I think it was unusual for there even? It rained so hard, I had about 30 seconds more before everything just fried and i was calling for help, we had a sheet for that reason but nobody was there, it arrived though JUST in time after i screamed my head off and then i did the rest of the gig under the sheet which was near impossible as i couldn't see where my fingers were and it got very hot under it...i've got pics somewhere, looks VERY weird.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 7:48 AM, Extralife said:

In reference to the infamous DFN "acid rain" event aka one of the best live experiences I've ever had.

@nicfitsandchill: it was completely insane, never experienced a temperature drop like that, nothing like that happens in the UK and I mean nothing,I think it was unusual for there even? It rained so hard, I had about 30 seconds more before everything just fried and i was calling for help, we had a sheet for that reason but nobody was there, it arrived though JUST in time after i screamed my head off and then i did the rest of the gig under the sheet which was near impossible as i couldn't see where my fingers were and it got very hot under it...i've got pics somewhere, looks VERY weird.

I was there that night, too. Not a big festival guy (crowds give me the creeps), but that was exceptional. Great to read RDJ's thoughts about how weird it all was. IIRC, he had "Schottkey 7th Path" on a little longer than I would have expected, and that fucking cold front blew through and the temp dropped at least 20 degrees, and they had to lower those displays on the side because of the wind, and fog started rising up and then the freezing cold rain dropped. I joked at the time that it was like his track summoned the weather. 

It was Hedphelym but yeah things got spooky when the wind blew in. Honestly if it were any other artist I would have bailed. I had one of those disposable ponchos but it was pretty much useless. Freezing and shivering and miserable hahah, only thing that kept me going was the show!

• Like 1

Oh, right! Thanks for that--didn't want to misremember the track name. Fucking weird and killer. I always thought that track had a sinister vibe to it when I'd listen to it as a teenager, and I'm glad that I have this totally different sinister experience to pair with the track, sharing that with hundreds of shivering, cold, wet fellow fans. So strange. 

Nice to know RDJ thought it was super weird, too. 

1 hour ago, Time Tourist said:

Who was in charge of this doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview#

I see the latest tracks haven't been added yet... 

Yeah, there are several of those around and none of them have been updated since tnodvood104 as far as I know.

I am still updating my mega folder but I've been winging it with the recent tracks. I'm at 291 now by keeping the old 11 Donkey Rhubarb rdjchild Remix (4:25) as #51 and donkey rhubarb [remix[ALTmst2]] (4:22) as 291.

https://mega.nz/folder/QNYggTZb#_SbdbZCVgM2lgwLjD8N9aw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/11/2020 at 7:48 AM, Extralife said:

i filmed set up 707 with my shitty iphone 6

so cool to hear what was happening behind the scenes during this unforgettable moment ?

Edited by whylessness
video embed