IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Whoever is running that account, they come off as kind of new, but how do they have all those Patskins?
They don't seem like they even WATMM'd before. I thought the WATMMs were the only ones who can Tregaskin.

happy birthday rdj

:aphexsign:

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

So, the fact he uploads BOC tracks basically means this is not a different/new account of RDJ. (why would RDJ upload BOC tracks?! he wouldn't...)

boc gave him the permission to upload acid memories as a birthday gift

• Big Brain 1

I like whenever someone is hyping 'the genre' and Rephlex whether it's on youtube or wherever, just so long as it's not damaging the artists. But whoever it is appears to be a fan obviously. It was nice to look at the selections because there was a lot of stuff i haven't heard in a long time, and stuff I hadn't gotten around to listening to yet and probably wouldn't have otherwise. finding that account got me nostalgic for myspace and it's funny how the Tuss still intrigues new people. probably hundreds of years in the future, classical music pilgrims will have to pass through their own Tuss phase when the time is right in their Aphex scholarship.

• Like 1

Richard D. James is the best thing to happen to Music since paper.

Edited by rek
rek states: 'forgot to capitalize the m in Music' but should we just accept that excuse at face value??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://gitlab.com/then-try-this/samplebrain

Samplebrain

A custom sample mashing app designed by Aphex Twin.

Samplebrain chops samples up into a 'brain' of interconnected small sections called blocks which are connected into a network by similarity. It processes a target sample, chopping it up into blocks in the same way, and tries to match each block with one in it's brain to play in realtime.

This allows you to interpret a sound with a different one. As we worked on it (during 2015 and 2016) we gradually added more and more tweakable parameters until it became slightly out of control.

screenshot.png

samplebrainsamplebrain
  • Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you sure that's not released. It's so familiar! It must be on some release somewhere under a different name. Feels like an ICBYD type of track. But can't be arsed to check

But yeah, awesome track! ?

edit: might be confusing it with mookid?

Edited by Satans Little Helper

1 hour ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Are the playlists for AB6, Surfing On Sinewaves 2, SAW 1.5 etc posted anywhere? Does anyone have them? Just wanting to make playlist files with my local file collection.

go to the internet archive. i believe someone posted them there. with the entire soundcloud dump. havent got a link, but if you search for aphex twin over there, you should be good to go

On 1/11/2023 at 6:45 AM, Pirtek said:

This should have been released. It's such a beautiful track!!

almost sure that there's a version of that song without those pads, just that 303 sounding acid line at 3m07s... sounds like something out of analord...?

Edited by cruising for burgers

13 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Are the playlists for AB6, Surfing On Sinewaves 2, SAW 1.5 etc posted anywhere? Does anyone have them? Just wanting to make playlist files with my local file collection.

I think the playlists were done by fans according to ID3 tags on each song...

29 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:
14 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

I think the playlists were done by fans according to ID3 tags on each song...

i remember rdj made the playlist for SAW 1.5 and put it up on soundcloud for a while

• Like 1