IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest bitroast

Pendulum was in the syro interview tracks wasn't it.

Yep

i was wondering this too. 

for what it's worth, the released syro interview track was "barbican pendulum" which was from london 2012, and the vimeo video is from krakow poland 2011.

maybe he means this particular version ? 

or maybe it's just another case of .. 

6UqN9CC.jpg

All of these fake AFX accounts have something in common, their recordings are simply way too clean to be believable. 

They forget to simply lowpass the high end to add analog warmth, and add some carefully chosen noise. Also add some FX to mess with the perfect digital frequencies. Gets you 95% the way to analog sounds.

the track sounds warm/great, it just sounds like a plugin.

It was one of my favorite tracks from the dump. It would be funny if it was analog, and he just carefully chose analog synths that sound digital or like plugins.

Edited by Brisbot

could be a tc powercore ! or tc vst of similar ilk. or tc outboard [deffo not analogue] ? got prof?

it was a TC electronic 1210, I don't have the old comments backed up but it was in his comments on that track if you can track them down

Not specifically dump related, but I didn't think it warranted its own thread...

Penryn Space Agency posted Song in Song (from Touched's Covert II) to /r/aphextwin with the comment "Known Unknown ;)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/5w3z8d/b1_unknown_song_in_song_touched_music_detuned/

Not specifically dump related, but I didn't think it warranted its own thread...

Penryn Space Agency posted Song in Song (from Touched's Covert II) to /r/aphextwin with the comment "Known Unknown ;)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/5w3z8d/b1_unknown_song_in_song_touched_music_detuned/

Iiiiinteresting. 

It's quite hard to tell with this one imo, wouldn't say it is or not. It's definitely my fave track on the EP so far though!

dont think so. the first covert album supposedly might have had an afx tracks as well. wink wink.

long story short: dont think vol II has one either

idk, psa have close contact with afx hes even done a mix on there for somadril n other stuff so the psa boys seem like a reliable source

The bassline and the pads sounds pretty RDJ but not so much sure about most of the rest of the track. I'm not sure about you lot but I wouldn't hold my breath about this being AFX. Though the dump did expose some pretty different sounding trax... We'll see one of these days.

nice track but i don't feel afx

It's not him. It's never him. There are always tell-tale signs. When the dump started and he only had those 8 tracks up... There was something almost obvious that it was likely him. It's a combination of a lot of things, but it's really just an intuitive feeling.