Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

readtherules:)

re: avatar size? or the lame joke? *avatar resized for conformity*

ongoing joke to welcome new members

WELCOME TO WATMM:)

• 4 weeks later...

Checked the ol' soundcloud and  he recently mentioned Keith Flint:

Yeah i met him only once and was shocked just how sweet the dude was. We were playing in the same place down under and he checked up on me to make sure everything was good, super lovely guy, very genuine, hope your having fun in the other place Keith!

he also commented on a track calling it 'dope'.. which it definitely is. Woo

I can't tell if that track is an april fools joke or not

This track?

is no joke:)

If Anyone wants to use these lyrics or any part of the song or recording

to Create Something New

Please Do

As long as the New Creation is given away

:)

Anyone else feel it's weird there isn't more classics/SOS stuff as good as what was released back in the day? (IMO)

I kinda dream there's more that hasn't been shared.

chortle

found this quote off a rateyourmusic review posted 2010 (vhs head - trademark ribbons of gold)

Aphex Twin  has 100 hours of unreleased material shoved up his arse, and personally I wouldn't want to dig it out of there, no matter how big of an Aphex fan I am

I'm sure this dude was down by law with the Aphex Dump

On 4/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, donquixote said:

Anyone else feel it's weird there isn't more classics/SOS stuff as good as what was released back in the day? (IMO)

I kinda dream there's more that hasn't been shared.

i reckon it would be more weirder if the best stuff wasn’t the stuff that was properly released (??)

Edited by bitchroast

i thought there was tons of good classics era rave stuff.  Shouts out window peeper, strange rhythm, quadrave teac, fork rave.. and tons im forgetting.  Plus the whole saw1.5 playlist, its more mellow but would have been music from the era.

• Like 1

Agreed - Richard of course released the best stuff, but there are quite a few in the dump that would have been release-worthy or fit in nicely on existing releases, which is sort of what he's done on the Aphex Twin Bleepstore.

• Like 1

And we've heard what, two tracks from the archives which were made around Tuss/XMAS_EVE time, which does feel like a time where he was super into making dreamy dancefloor things.. which I adooooreee

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chronical said:

And we've heard what, two tracks from the archives which were made around Tuss/XMAS_EVE time, which does feel like a time where he was super into making dreamy dancefloor things.. which I adooooreee

Does not compute- He added an albums worth of bonus tracks to Rushup Edge on the bleepstore!  Same with orphaned deejay selek.  And imo some of those bonus tracks are as good or better than what got pressed to wax.

• Like 2

^just wait when Analords are added to the bleepstore with tons of new extras. Then you can buy them third time!

12 hours ago, markedone said:

i thought there was tons of good classics era rave stuff.  Shouts out window peeper, strange rhythm, quadrave teac, fork rave.. and tons im forgetting.  Plus the whole saw1.5 playlist, its more mellow but would have been music from the era.

+1 to this (also added with tracks full of harder PW vibes)

And since I'm posting the thread again....where the hell is that bleepstore update with the new tape tracks....and Rephlex cats....and R&S Saw 1.5 ?

13 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Agreed - Richard of course released the best stuff, but there are quite a few in the dump that would have been release-worthy or fit in nicely on existing releases, which is sort of what he's done on the Aphex Twin Bleepstore.

Not always, imo. In a lot of cases I'd quite happily swap some of the final cuts with Bleepstore extras, especially on releases like ICBYD and Deejay Selek when the bonus shit is top tier RDJ.

On a completely unrelated note, replying from a phone has never been better. Nice one JR. ?

i think there are a lot of tracks in the dump that could,ve have had a release. It seems to me he held back some realy outspoken tracks, maybe to create “balanced” albums. There,s also some magic in there that,s hard to fit in to any album.

And also u could compile a couple of great albums/EP,s just out of the dump stuff. Like for instance a Clissold EP ?

8 hours ago, DJ Latte said:

i think there are a lot of tracks in the dump that could,ve have had a release. It seems to me he held back some realy outspoken tracks, maybe to create “balanced” albums. There,s also some magic in there that,s hard to fit in to any album.

He has also mentioned in interviews not wanting to release tracks that are personal/special, so he could enjoy them more on his own.  In addition to the many reasons, part of the sc dump was probably feeling that he was ready to move past being the sole owner of some of his creations.

Tracks like Sam's Car (of course im speculating here) give me that vibe, i can see why he would hold on to it..

Edited by markedone

10 hours ago, DJ Latte said:

yeah and then fans decided that he should release cheetah... far away from my favorites from the dump...:catcry:

• Like 1