IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I see your point. When you look at the banksy stuff, most people are already aware of the BS, but they just became post-cynics when the responsibility thing kicked in for them.

AFX tho doesn't make mistakes, it's high art because he thought of it.

3 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

looks like someone having a goof to me 

This is what I really think. But I like to pretend they're demonic, because they are demonic.

7 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Man, those images he's put together make me appreciate Banksy's subtlety.

Hide contents

image.png.f12385805e7ab6a0e5cedfd82cf1a20b.png

this one is from Nathan Barley, in the art booklet that comes with the DVD and maybe in some promos. he knows where to find the good stuff :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

this one is from Nathan Barley, in the art booklet that comes with the DVD and maybe in some promos. he knows where to find the good stuff :)

I'm aware of that, it's not from his sc, I posted it. My point was he's on a Barley level with this crap.

18 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I'm aware of that, it's not from his sc, I posted it. My point was he's on a Barley level with this crap.

I mean... Isn't there a difference between people claiming shit like this is high art versus someone just taking the piss on their soundcloud?

9 hours ago, flacid said:

I prefer the demo mix version. Everything sounds cleaner and clearer. 

blasphemy! Though I'd say it has a slower funk to it. Looking at your avatar seems you really like the cheetah ep so that makes sense I suppose.

4 hours ago, juiceciuj said:

knew i recognized that couple. some local love from down south

Image result for Flip or Flop Atlanta

All the stock photo people are possessed by a demon by the name of Paimon. Explains everything... just try it out it's fun.

Edited by Brisbot

21 hours ago, ReVoodle said:

I mean... Isn't there a difference between people claiming shit like this is high art versus someone just taking the piss on their soundcloud?

Spiral has been struggling with Richard's success, adulation, and just overall existence for years now. Take anything he says with a massive, cavernous salt mine's worth of salt

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sagan said:

Spiral has been struggling with Richard's success, adulation, and just overall existence for years now. Take anything he says with a massive, cavernous salt mine's worth of salt

image.png.075ac475af24a7ee867fc01c325d7984.png

• Burger 2

2 hours ago, Hail Sagan said:

Take anything he says with a massive, cavernous salt mine's worth of salt

That's why I like The Top Cat

Edited by beer badger

23 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Nah man, remember the Collapse chat this is propper deep:

Oh been getting well into simulation theory of late didnt realise a lot of prominent science are now saying the chance we are living in base reality is about 1billion to one!

Maybe we should do something with political slant in this video, like how the media can manipulate things to make you think

All these normal people who watch shi like britains got talent and such, its either proof of its not a simulation (cos why would you bother simulating that) or its proof that we are living in a failed simulation

(unless some of that is weirdcore's ramblins)

23 hours ago, ReVoodle said:

The secret is everyone is taking the piss

4 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Oh been getting well into simulation theory of late didnt realise a lot of prominent science are now saying the chance we are living in base reality is about 1billion to one!

Maybe we should do something with political slant in this video, like how the media can manipulate things to make you think

All these normal people who watch shi like britains got talent and such, its either proof of its not a simulation (cos why would you bother simulating that) or its proof that we are living in a failed simulation

lolol, nah that's def richy boy

Remember the noyzlab interview when he said people should just stop being depressed?

Just now, hello spiral said:

Remember the noyzlab interview when he said people should just stop being depressed?

Well it worked for me. I was like "Well if you put it that way..."

• Farnsworth 1

34 minutes ago, hello spiral said:
39 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

hello spiral

Interests: Aphex Twin

What if I told You thread

Love You hello spiral

: )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Brisbot said:
52 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Well it worked for me. I was like "Well if you put it that way..."

Reading that syrobonkus interview

part 1 & 2

in November 2014

changed my perception

of my life

Thanks RDJ

You Really Helped Me

as I'm sure many others as well:)

:aphexsign:

Lol some of it was interesting from what I remember, but maybe too much gear talk. I wanted more on his philosophy of making music and his approach, but he never really talks about that. Talking about your favorite synths is interesting I suppose but a lot of synths are interchangeable with the next one so there wasn't much substance in the gear talk, from what I remember. Unless of course the synths were unique onto themselves.

I would be interested in some kinda rough diagram of his various setups for more complex tracks like xmas evet or the syro title track or 1st 44. It would give me an idea on how he approaches making music. I guess I'm more interested in the big picture than the individual parts.

Anyway I can't believe it's been over 4 years now. Fastest 4.4ish years of my life.

Edited by Brisbot