IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I'm not particularly impressed with this stuff so much as I just enjoy hearing rougher/earlier stuff of his, because it's really interesting to analyze the changes that have gone on during his evolution as a songwriter. I also like getting a taste as to what types of tracks he chooses to release, and also the consistency of which he writes songs at the caliber of said releases. You know, is his best stuff some kind of freak accident wherein skill, taste, and luck all mix together into a few minutes of greatness, or is this something he can basically channel at will? Does he have to work really hard for it, or is it something he does almost mindlessly? Anyway, these earlier and rougher pieces provide a long time listener with a lot of interesting and rewarding information. Then again, I've never really listened to his music with a desire to be impressed. Most of the time I just need some music with which I can make a connection. Richard has a really good ability to coax the soul out of the machine.

also I think it's bs these were made in the early 90s, a lot of the percussion are modern styles like the high hats on parking lot, bimbongo and Suzanne

Maybe the songs are old, but he has polished some parts over the years, rerecorded others, etc.

The percussion in those tracks are all over his older released stuff, the hi-hats as well. Btw, besides the beginning Ageispolis melody in Quad Rave, there is also the main synth pad in that track that has the same chords as .000890569 from AB3.

And the end of Bimbingo also resembles a Pink Floyd sample?

He just uploaded another track.

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/1-chink-101

Damn, this one is incredible :music:

edit: notice the tag in the latest track is now 'early afx' instead of 'like early afx' :)

1 Chink 101 is such a tune. Getting some serious Blue Calx/Hexagon vibes from this one. I kinda wish that he would officially release these through Warp, but I guess that would mean having to endure all the shitty "it sounds outdated" criticism from music publications.

What's the best way to rip Soundcloud tracks without using Firefox extensions? I only have Chrome installed on this PC.

1 Chink 101 is such a tune. Getting some serious Blue Calx/Hexagon vibes from this one. I kinda wish that he would officially release these through Warp, but I guess that would mean having to endure all the shitty "it sounds outdated" criticism from music publications.

What's the best way to rip Soundcloud tracks without using Firefox extensions? I only have Chrome installed on this PC.

find a site that'll give you a direct link to the mp3 on soundcloud's server, like this one http://www.soundcloud-download.com/

find a site that'll give you a direct link to the mp3 on soundcloud's server, like this one http://www.soundcloud-download.com/

Doesn't work for me, even with AdBlocker disabled. Bummer.