IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Rod Whitters Untitled 1 second half sounds super Caustic Window to me. Untitled 4/5, which appears to be two tracks, definitely sounds of that era too.

I haven't heard much comment on the Rod Whitters YT stuff. That sounds like a definite yes to me.

Nice try Rod ;)

Your answer makes me smile a lot; there's something a little sweet and endearing about the thought of me or someone making those tracks and saying "hey guys but what about my stuff it sounds like RDJ tooooo"

But as it happens, I definitely didn't make it, and it really genuinely sounds like RDJ to me, more so even than the new user## stuff (although that's much more likely to be him given the other circumstantial info). It sounds less like RDJ, I guess, because it's super old stuff.

Rod Whitters Untitled 1 second half sounds super Caustic Window to me. Untitled 4/5, which appears to be two tracks, definitely sounds of that era too.

I totally agree. Untitled made me think of CW right away.

Wow. Yeah this seems pretty confirmed at this point. My biggest doubt came from these tracks sounding too clean when compared to released early afx, but otherwise this sounds very much like early 90s afx to me. So exciting!

"Aphex Twin creates fake soundcloud account and releases old material" is a much better headline than "Aphex Twin releases new album"

Also, Richard, will you please make more difficult puzzles? I mean props for this fun little game, but we need more complex scavenger hunts.

1 chink 101 = what mike p said / selected ambient gak?
parking lot = polygon window jr #1? green calx sounds @ 5:25-27 ?
20 pink floyd = jazzy hip hop window peeper
bimbongo = bradley strider on a mellow tip
suzanne = polygon window jr #2?
quad rave = humanoids must not escape (early think break mix) ? :p
22 pearls = ab5/mfm in training?
original chaos riff = philosophy of sound & machine out-take?
8 utopia = ab5?

yay these are so (quite) good!

Thanks for posting that afxafxafx video clip from YT. I agree with the general consensus on that one - some impressive work but not RDJ.

Listened again to the reddit/vocaroo track this morning in the car. I guess I'm unsure about that one. I thought I heard some Paradinas in it this morning.

I haven't heard much comment on the Rod Whitters YT stuff. That sounds like a definite yes to me.

Actually When I listen to the user48 tracks this morning (also).. I was thinking about Mike Paradinas because the beautiful pads in it =)

if only he enabled downloads on these tracks like on his actual soundcloud... 128kbps aphex makes me sad

i can understand him, we can't expect him to give away his unreleased stuff for free and in top quality ;-)

these are noice

I always figured it was possible/feasible that he could have hours and hours of unreleased traxx like he claimed, cuz the ragnar/dj saint hubert archives are p deep too. Liek if you've ever gotten a link to my tindeck account there's tons of shite on there (they finally set a limit now on how much shit you can upload)

if nobody said it yet there's def some aegisopolis fast hats/kick in parking lot

hopefully I can listen to these all before I die in huge snowstorm

also I bought worcestshire sauce so in case I die in said snowstorm I can at least say I tried worcestshire sauce