IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I really hope a compelling order rises from the chaos soon, because "shuffle" is the only way I know how to listen to an 8 hour album

Me too. I'm a bit worried that iTunes shuffle is gonna fuck me out of ever hearing one of the tracks.

I was shuffling them today and thought I quit my browser but accidentally quit iTunes. my life flashed before my eyes as I started over again. but eventually I was ok with 6 hours of afx

Guest fiznuthian

The numbers are obviously track numbers and there are many examples of the same number because they refer to different "albums" of this massive compilation. He is giving it all to us like a puzzle. When I name a track with a number in front, it's only to make it easier for others following the numerical order of the tracks to find it.

I think it's more likely the numbers are just different versions of tracks he works on.. He just saves new ones incrementally as he works on them.

:catcry::catnope:

I have no time at the moment guise pls. Is someone capturing this moment? Can they go the Downloads? I'm dying here.

yeah I just got back from a 3 hour class and 9.5 hour workday. It's 10:35 pm now and I've been up since 6am and I was like "alright time for a quick shower and bed...NOPE OMGZ NEED RDJ HOLY SHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least I recognize that Girl / Boy song "dark version" - I remember hearing that minor key version in some of the live set mp3s before he played the whole song

Guest LoveRhino

Good god. In the time it took me to get home from work it is all gone. I managed to record tracks up to 59 anyone get that last 37 before the account disappeared?

:catcry::catnope:

I have no time at the moment guise pls. Is someone capturing this moment? Can they go the Downloads? I'm dying here.

yeah I just got back from a 3 hour class and 9.5 hour workday. It's 10:35 pm now and I've been up since 6am and I was like "alright time for a quick shower and bed...NOPE OMGZ NEED RDJ HOLY SHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least I recognize that Girl / Boy song "dark version" - I remember hearing that minor key version in some of the live set mp3s before he played the whole song

I thought the same thing. But the live version only had the beginning in minor, then when the drums kicked in it went back to major.

I take it that Organ is good then? :biggrin:

Tues, Wednesday and Thursday I've done 14 hour shifts at work. So I've had zero chance to get stuck into these with the correct mindset. So you lot have been keeping me inspired as I've skimmed these pages. It's quite frustrating to say the least but also really exciting. Roll on the weekend!!!

is organ an RDJ-era track? i hear syro, i hear tuss, i hear all drukqs, i hear everything in this

sounds to me like Come to daddy époque

similar kind of vibe to flim I guess, but the clap is really something that reminds me of produk 28 and 4 bit. It sounds to be the newest of all tracks.

That clap is really distinct.

Guest LoveRhino

Good god. In the time it took me to get home from work it is all gone. I managed to record tracks up to 59 anyone get that last 37 before the account disappeared?

he changed account names a few times, but it's all there (minus one):

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001

Phew! Thanks for that. Enjoyed the first batch so much was a shame to loose them - now there are five more! Cheers for the link.

The numbers are obviously track numbers and there are many examples of the same number because they refer to different "albums" of this massive compilation. He is giving it all to us like a puzzle. When I name a track with a number in front, it's only to make it easier for others following the numerical order of the tracks to find it.

I think it's more likely the numbers are just different versions of tracks he works on.. He just saves new ones incrementally as he works on them.

You might be right, it was just wishful thinking from me trying to make sense of the chaos :) Maybe each 1 corresponds to a specific period of time, each 2 another, and so. Etc. Where is Alan Turing when we need him? Haha.

organ is fucking massif! [hehehe]

really surprised youse guys aren't jocking it harder

lol

great use of the dennis coffy scorpio break and yea sounds like syro/tuss -ness to me

funny how a break beat from a funk tune made in Detroit that hit the top 10 in 1972 is still relevant

i love this future fun k maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Guest cult fiction

the numbers at the start of the tracks are clearly track numbers written into the mp3 title, but the order is likely arbitrary and it's just whatever order they were added to the album i.e. 'RDJ era tracks' or '93-94 1' etc

he's been going in pretty strict chronological order today, HAB -> RDJ -> Come to Daddy, organ is obviously from Come to Daddy era there is no tuss or syro there

Japan is fucking incredible.. and apparantly it was previously released as a polygon window remix of a track? Funny how i hadn't heard til now haha

Also digging Make a baby

Still got like 30 tracks i haven't listened to yet! Cheers Rich :beer:

is organ an RDJ-era track? i hear syro, i hear tuss, i hear all drukqs, i hear everything in this

similar kind of vibe to flim I guess, but the clap is really something that reminds me of produk 28 and 4 bit. It sounds to be the newest of all tracks.

It is the exact same clap as in Weakling Child (Contour).

Also, the comments and hashtags of the 102 SoundCloud tracks, as of 29JAN2015-05:29UTC

http://pastebin.com/6BMkuVqR

Edited by jsmcpn

It is the exact same clap as in Weakling Child (Contour)

im listening off a shitty iphone speaker lol so can't really tell. Doesn't seem the "exact same" to me though.

Will listen at home of course.

Edited by StephenG

it's definitely a good idea to argue about track titles right now

I thought it was more of a friendly discussion. Not trying to be aggressively argumentative. Not at all. It's a fine day.

agreed that it's a friendly discussion, i honestly don't know. it's cool either way

Not to sound greedy, but I would love to hear some stuff from 95-2000. Seems like a possibility considering how he is releasing these somewhat chronologically.

Greedy #@" :)

There is actually some tracks from that time Im sure..