IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

28 organ. 28 organ. Fuck, it's good. This highlights all my favorite parts of RDJ's output...the bits that bring me back to the ecstatic joy of being a kid again (CAT 00897 AA1, Alberto Balsalm, On, Melodies From Mars, Qkthr, Rhubarb, etc.). It's amazing how he manages to wrap all the childlike innocence and playfulness of the melodic content inside such a rhythmically complex and intricately crafted composition. That robo-voice breakdown at 4:53 reminds me a little of this track by Nobuo Takemura, Lost Treasure. The long form sort of composition reminds me of the Icelandic group múm's first album.

yes. Tracks like organ are the reason I got into RDJ.

it sounds a lot like flim to me.

Oh yes, very flimlike. Childhood memories buried in the sounds of simple, heartfelt melodies and wild, exuberant percussion.

Is it just me or 35 japan 1 sounds slightly different than PW remix of Sand Lowe?

Sounds better than the originally released version to me, I think most or all of what's being uploaded right now has been cleaned up in one way or another, everything sounds so clear.

i don't want to read all this page... please, just for laught, any news about the removing of "5 Girl Boy Dark Version"... speculation : he wants re-use this for another music to create a new track... otherwise, ever 101 tracks from soundcloud? i'm on work & all (youtube, soundcloud, etc.) are blocked...

i assume it was removed once he realised it's almost identical to the released girl/boy song and thought warp might be unhappy about it. maybe

ok so there's absolutely no need to have new music from anyone else for the next 5 years, right guys. I'm ok with this

Edited by Allize

Just seen this :O

Tell me there's an easy place to download these, pleeeaaaassseeeee :)

There is a pack of 96 tracks on page 120

Thank you !

(and thanks to the uploader)

Guest Londonskater

Anyone got a list of songs which have actually been previously released from this amazing batch?

I know someone mentioned that things like 21 Vtnm2 are remixes of Ventolin...Which for me would make it "Ventolin (Vtnm2 mix)".

Sorry...i'm so anal(ord) when it comes to organising my music.

I liked the idea someone a couple of days ago started working on in naming the files as the batches appeared. "Old Tape 3", etc.

i don't want to read all this page... please, just for laught, any news about the removing of "5 Girl Boy Dark Version"... speculation : he wants re-use this for another music to create a new track... otherwise, ever 101 tracks from soundcloud? i'm on work & all (youtube, soundcloud, etc.) are blocked...

i assume it was removed once he realised it's almost identical to the released girl/boy song and thought warp might be unhappy about it. maybe

Thanks petina! But are you sure or it's speculation? because there really is little difference...

otherwise, there is always 101 or more titles on soundcloud?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Who is this? Richard seems to be following him/her.

https://soundcloud.com/somadril

trying to figure that out myself. It sounds really familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Weird that both aphex offical + richard upload account are both following.

Somadril is following the official Aphex account and the user48736353001 account, NOT the other way around.

Can't get used to waking up to never before heard old Aphex tunes. Just the best thing really :) 5 sline is exactly what I was hoping for, that dark industrial era. Last few tracks are all absolutely stellar!

trying to figure that out myself. It sounds really familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Weird that both aphex offical + richard upload account are both following.

Somadril is following the official Aphex account and the user48736353001 account, NOT the other way around.

Nah, it is the other way around:

Definitely not Aphex when I hear it, and the person already released something in 2004 I see: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Another-Kind-of-Space/release/4405777

No idea about who it could be, probably a mate.

I'd imagine that as it sounds very similar to the original that it set off Soundclouds copyright detector and auto removed the track.

anyone still got the diff version of Bimbongo? thanks

also i tagged 5 Girl Boy Dark Version with track number 95b so I don't get confused later on when this soundcloud hits a 1000 tracks.. u never know

i think RDJ is now officially the most prolific artist on earth, if we count this and his former discography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merzbow

Found this on reddit

https://soundcloud.com/richrud-d-jomes

Why does it have 2k followers? Someone said its the the one that uploaded Syrobonkers analog stuff but whats with the name now

??

Heeeey it's Dick and theres a new tune :emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9:

some of him stuff before was pretty dope, someeone thought its seefaks having a laugh

that boy had his idm skillz and a bit of richrud spirit for sure. all that fuckery came so natural...

God how Im glad i was wrong and this party goes on and on and on :w00t:

I have a feeling that it's not his best unreleased works and he is definnetly keeping something for future releases or himself. maybe all that tracks that wont fall under numbered titles, like if there will be 5 tracks that start with number 1, and 4 tracks that start with number 2, it will mean that one track with number 2 will be released etc...well, i really hope so.

i really hope he is not sick and dying, and thus releasing all this :sad:

+ he said he had a threats several times (i guess people wanted him to release old stuff or trying to rob him), and now he has a family and all that...

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Can't get used to waking up to never before heard old Aphex tunes. Just the best thing really :) 5 sline is exactly what I was hoping for, that dark industrial era. Last few tracks are all absolutely stellar!

Nah, it is the other way around:

Definitely not Aphex when I hear it, and the person already released something in 2004 I see: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Another-Kind-of-Space/release/4405777

No idea about who it could be, probably a mate.

Probably a mate yeah, really good stuff on there. You're right user48736353001 is following - that's not showing up on the main page like it usually does though. I can only see 'followed by' not 'following' unless I follow the link you posted

I'd imagine that as it sounds very similar to the original that it set off Soundclouds copyright detector and auto removed the track.

Someone here reuploaded the track to test this and it's still up, so he must have removed it himself.

Edited by SKAR

Several reasons why this is improbable have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also, read the rules.

are we at 102/483 ?

:psyduck:

10-4.

with the diskhat alt mix (this was 1/483) and girl boy dark version, i have 103. That's not even a quarter amount. o.O Rhubarby Tuesday. wishes for today: gabbro rod fix, heliosphan acidmix, nannou-like tracks. Thx, rich.