IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Fuck me sideways, just catching up on stuff that was uploaded after I went to bed last night and how in the mother of sanity did a track like '28 organ' never see the light of day until now? Whaaaaaaaat

Walking to work this morning with a phone full of new Aphex - stick it on random - and the first 6 or 7 tracks were just beautiful - actually all seemed to fit together - trying not to laugh @ the make a baby track as I'm walking along.

post-18705-0-75368500-1422528836_thumb.png

anyone still got the diff version of Bimbongo? thanks

also i tagged 5 Girl Boy Dark Version with track number 95b so I don't get confused later on when this soundcloud hits a 1000 tracks.. u never know

there is not different version of Bimbongo, it's just renamed on Symbonsad... read all pages of this thread, we already have discussed this, here... it's just Richard has named a wrong track...

so, ever 101 tracks from soundcloud, friends?

What the fuck are Warp making of all this?

I really doubt Warp and RDJ have anything other than a very relaxed contract or agreement. I don't think RDJ likes any control at all over his work, and Warp probably provide the distribution and marketing and not much else, and Rich is probably very happy with that if he still releases through them/Bleep. It's not like Rich is going to need much cash to cover mastering (does he do that stuff himself? I forget), and he has his own studio to work and record in, so with Warp providing very little, they can't demand very much back.

Contracts come in all different "shapes and sizes" so there is no need to assume Warp hold rights over his work, it could just be the distribution/marketing of it.

edit: That being said, they're probably missing out on a lot of dosh, but probably not much they can do about it.

Edited by WeAreOceans

anyone still got the diff version of Bimbongo? thanks

also i tagged 5 Girl Boy Dark Version with track number 95b so I don't get confused later on when this soundcloud hits a 1000 tracks.. u never know

there is not different version of Bimbongo, it's just renamed on Symbonsad... read all pages of this thread, we already have discussed this, here... it's just Richard has named a wrong track...

so, ever 101 tracks from soundcloud, friends?

kk but wasnt there a 20 sec longer version of a track that's no longer on the soundcloud? only thing im missing .. i rippd em all myself so i dont know whats in the packs people'v been posting

Edited by vincentvc

they're fucking pissed
Ha. This. Interview with Steve beckett yesterday was less than complimentary about RDJ and his lack of promotional interview duties. Was well. Given all this, quite funny Edited by khawk76

they're fucking pissed
Ha. This. Interview with Steve beckett yesterday was less than complimentary about RDJ and his lack of promotional interview duties. Was well. Given all this, quite funny

Seemd like it was more about the fact that he doesn't HAVE to do a lot of promotion, everybody is already around him like bees with just the tiniest promotion.

Interview with Steve beckett yesterday

Where?

http://www.pias.com/blog/steve-beckett-interview