IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

who in the biz besides Mike P has already swung around their 'i've heard some of these secret tracks before' aphex-dick, anyone?

edit: I now remember joyrex displaying his junk a little bit too, but i'm specifically asking about colleagues or musicians friends of richards. and the reason my question isn't just me being an ass is because that would be amazing if even Richard's closest musical colleagues haven't heard most of these. i dont know, for some reason if that is the reality i find it very fascinating and makes the whole experience even crazier.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I haven't listened to them yet, but in any case you should take it to the debunkery thread instead of insisting in this thread, that's just going to piss people off eventually.

Oh wait, looks like it has already while I was typing this post. :smile:

u wanna piece o me too? :catrage:

sorry, sorry, im still in alpha male mode

:catbed:

only if i can close my eyes and pretend you are your avatar

I haven't listened to them yet, but in any case you should take it to the debunkery thread instead of insisting in this thread, that's just going to piss people off eventually.

Oh wait, looks like it has already while I was typing this post. :smile:

u wanna piece o me too? :catrage:

sorry, sorry, im still in alpha male mode

only if i can close my eyes and pretend you are your avatar

how about my avatar instead big boy?

Now this is over, all the watmm tourists will be leaving soon.

you know, the members with 30 posts who says "us" and "we" when referring to the watmm community vis-a-vis its being mentioned in pitckfork, despite contributing literally nothing and whose interest will vanish once the excitement slows down

+ someone on the watmm fb page who zipped all the tracks and uploaded them as if he was some AFX martyr doing all the hard work by himself:

Ladies and Gentleman, it is done.
you can now download the Ultimate version of Aphex Twin - user48736353001 grin-emoticon As soon as new tracks arrive, i will upload Update packages. For now enjoy 111 never before heard tunes from Richard David James. Also you get the Syrobonkers! Interview Trax as an Bonus thanks to -redacted-.
Thanks for sticking with me and encouraging me to release this for you. THANK YOU

:facepalm:

Yeah : That idiot make it sounds like he is the master behind it all.

Here's another tape cover he posted

10914735_10152993951857324_1711643450895

So a bit unrelated but a gem nonetheless, for the people who missed it - Very old tapes made by Aphex for Manuel Sepulveda:

edit: notice the two tracks mentioning 'AFX + TOM' - meaning Tom Middleton.

Yo, I'm not really down with all of this kbs stuff, but is that the playback rate or just the download rate? Have been recording them all in realtime into Logic on my Mac at 96/24 and they all sound pretty dope. Will master them and tweak some ting when I get the chance. When my wife leaves me or whatever.

Yo, I'm not really down with all of this kbs stuff, but is that the playback rate or just the download rate? Have been recording them all in realtime into Logic on my Mac at 96/24 and they all sound pretty dope. Will master them and tweak some ting when I get the chance. When my wife leaves me or whatever.

:facepalm:

okay i understand that you don't really know what you're doing but :duckhunt:

mate just download the source files from soundcloud directly (128kbs) - as that is the best quality we all have access to for now (until rdj releases a boxset in higher quality). it's a waste of your time to record them all manually

Edited by B1000

I took this photo after eating some Chinese food last year.

Seeing as RDJ has been picking o'er the bones of his back catalog for the last few days, seems apt to post it now.

Thanks for all the soul food Mister James, I'm stuffed.

post-702-0-26763500-1422638565_thumb.jpg

128 is the playback rate, and recording the stereo mix is lossy on top of that because it's after the soundcard handles the data, if i'm not mistaken

yup, we will get flacs/wavs only if Richard will be so kind and enables downloads for the tracks

or someone with a gun breaks into soundcloud servers repository, steels all data, kills all workers and will blow the shit out of place like in terminator 2 :shuriken:

Ok so after listening to these tracks for a couple days, heres my sini/encey/alcofribas attempt to pass comment on and date every single one of them.

Hey ive been off work for a few days and i fuckin love afx twin. dont judge me ok?:

∂ƒ∆ [rough mix]
fantastic, HABish pads, deployed the woozy synths of mookid but for a completely different end result. 93-94?

∂ƒx 126b
eerie, gloomy, but triumphant sounding On/SAWII era mid-tempo number (93-94)

07 B
SAWII outtake(?), sounds more indebted to Tangerine Dream or Kraftwerk, very serene.

1st bank Trac
spooky detroitish cut, the use of room reverbs remind me of CCAI2. no idea about the date.. when did he move into the bank?

2tone[camborne college mix] (1989-1990)
obvious SAW1 material

RDJLP EXPANDED EDITIONS

70 s Tune
coated in flange. Playful/whimsical MFM-era (94-5?)

ACH (1993)
Played live with mixed in with other C.W., sounds like one of the harsher ICBYD trax to me.

Acid Misc (1993)
live excerpt from Leeds 1992, (mistagged year?)

Afx 71 1 (1994)
sounds like proto-drill drums mixed with Caustic Window distortion

Afx origTheme (1990)
shades of Xtal here.

Alis Trak[brain floss mix] (1993)
the harshness of Ab4 mixed with a move towards INKEY$/Crappy type complex beats

Archponf (1991-1992)
sounds a hell of a lot like Dodecaheedron or Isoprophlex. lost R&S Records stomper.

barbarella on microdots
brilliantly mad, Mookid drums with barbarella OST(?) samples providing the old-AFX dissonance (94ish)

Bcr78
cocktail loungey Mike N Rich type groove, ABB5 sounding percussion (94ish)

Bellbrk (1989-1991)
sounds Ab3 era. Is that bell like-drone the same sample used in Tamphex?

(Bicycle Wheel)
pretty obvious SAWII outtake. richie even put the title in brackets for us

Bimbongo (1989-1990)
could have gone on SAW1. very close to Delphium

Bradley Jam Pump
Brad Strider session

Bpjdrop Forge [pump up the jam mix]
sounds Bradleyish as well. prob the most 909-heavy RDJ tune Ive ever heard

Catsquidge2 (1991-1992)
CW by numbers

Chink 101
like Mike P says, sounds like a much earlier version of [hexagon]

Clapstab Ab6
modular clattering funk. All Ab6 made around 94?

CooltempoDemo (1990-1991)
interesting piece, like a valiant attempt to do intense Drukqs-level drum programming on limited SAW1 gear

Cutting
one of the most recent trax on here. Weakling Child synths play music box melodies over CTD agression (96?)

Dance And Play (1989-1990)
Heliosphan/Tha vibes

Dance2thebeat (1990-1991)
Fantasia/Linmiri-type CW stormer

Donkey Rhubarb Remix
prob better than the original. sounds slightly more recent.

DroneBReak (1989-1990)
sparse sounding ambient proto-jungle experiment. sounds a bit like Steinvord being made on SAW1 gear.

Dual Acid Ab6
sounds like Aphex doing Autechre. industrial futuristic acid

Early Morning Clissold
sounds very close to the [lichen] patch/sample. are these the tracks AFX was on about when he said SAWII originally had all beats?

ep string (1989-1990)
sounds like Polygon Window stuff

Fly Beats (1994)
minimalist beat heavy clunker. like the sort of less commercial stuff he'd put out on an Analogue Bubblebath

Fnkmg
whimsical ICBYD/MFM era track with a haunting Polygon Window acid line 94-5

Forgotten T
early sounding Polygon Window

Fork Rave (1989-1991)
could have done well to released this one as a single back in the day, its that good.

Fresher + Cleaner (1990)
classic C.W.

funnel (1994)
it isn't, but it sounds like a SAWII version of Digeridoo

gerald Remix
starts off technoey and evolves into a busy playful tune in the mould of Plaid. really sweet. (94-6?)

Girl Boy Dark Version
RDJLP Expanded Editions

glockenspiel TEAC (1991)
unique. seems to anticipate the mad detuned sounds of Midi Evil Rave/Analord 9

GPO Beat (1990)
another variation on the Caustic Window/Classics sound. Quoth drum samples.

Hapshifter1
from AB5. I wonder if richie remembered this? he didnt post any other Ab5 trax up.

High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig
another highlight, like On mixed with hexagon but more cheerful. (93?)

How Much I Wanted You (1990-1991)
Supremacy II drums, Tamphex hoover sound, one of the better Caustic ones

Hollow Alias Ab6
How To Science Ab6
How To Science 2 Ab6
Step Up To Cornwall Ab6
World Waver Ab6
these are a revelation, all from a style he never released/developed further. harsh, industrial bewildering. no pads or basslines just percussion and snatches of melody. reminds me a bit of Cylob's Smack Em Up Sharp extrapolated over a full EP.

Human Rotation (1990-1991)
the CW trax are hard to judge; because theyre so distorted they suffer the most from being unmastered (and also cuz its club not laptop music) but this is ace.

Kids Beach (1989-1990)
SAW1 contender

Knife Fork Freq (1990-1992)
early attempt at doing really heavy precise breaks. could be CW or could be AFX

Lanner B4 Ardkore (1990)
the AFX 114/Phlange Phace break given another workout

Lannerlush Full
really odd medievil historical-drama synths meet nauseaous metro disco. no idea, mid 90s

leeds orbit[live] (1993)
live acid, more U.I. than Analord.

lsb [slo]
one of the best. is this an attempt to do a languid Acrid Avid type track shortly after the move over to software? (96?)

Lush Ambulance 2 (1994)
really nice experimental track. one of the most minimalist he's released. sounds like Coil remixing SAWII

Make A Baby
stellar HAB track. chord sequence reminds me of Rushup I Bank 12

Martins Car LPF
Green Calx acid line, pads sound like Fingertrips, SAW1 era.

Mental Telepathy
is this one of the earliest trax? sounds like a lot of the same ideas as SAW1 but the structures not there yet.

Metal Beat
Bucephalus type beats-only programming excursion. i wonder how many of these he's got? (95-6?)

mooow [Dixons Theft mix] (1989-1990)
perfectly serviceable Ab3 style early 90s AFX acid.

nocares
SAWII ambient track reminiscent of cliffs or domino (92-4?)

Nova Robotiks
SAW1 era softly flanged beat h'ordeuvre. late 80s

Ny Groove (1994)
getting a Sega Megadrive level select feel on this one. very Kerrier District. an unexpected highlight.

organ
bafflingly unreleased psychedelic sugar-rush drill workout masterpiece. yeah 6 adjectives bitch. I would happily have had this on the Windowlicker EP.

Original Chaos Riff
SOSW or AB3 potential. maybe too close sounding to Cuckoo to release?

P – String
been waiting years to hear this in good quality. top tier AFX. like D-Scape or Icct Hedral but with more fury. 1993?

P.e. (1990)
halfway between Polygon and Caustic.

Parking Lot (1988-1989)
Another Delphium-esque track from that era. Not too keen on the sample but maybe thats Janet Jackson's fault.

Pearls
can't date this one. it has the MS-20 modulated percussion of ICBYD but the pianos remind me more of SAW1. its really nice either way.

Phlangebeat (1994)
Ventolin EP era industria

Phuqed Up (1994)
Same. pre-dating the kind of harsh metallic beats of RDJ.

Pink Floyd
sounds like Window Peeper, break tutorial ephemera. interesting but wouldnt have fit on SAW1

Plinky Plonk[orig]
Plinkyplonk (1990-1991)
both sound really old, but like Squidge in the Fridge, have charm in their naive melodies. the synth sound is brilliant.

Pump The Shit (1991)
if its got an aggressively confrontational title and shitloads of distortion its probably by Caustic Window

Quad Rave TEAC (1991-1992)
reminiscent of Polynomial-C: cosmically arpeggiated breakbeat track. is it by Polygon Window, is the Q a clue?

Red Alert
this one reminds me of the Q-Chastic track, other than that its quite subtle and unassuming (v.early 90s)

Red Calx
fucking yyeeesss.

Renalgade Sonar (1989-1990)
pleasingly lo-fi rumbler. sounds a bit like Clayhill Dub.

Rough Beat Tune
Another lost masterpiece. has SAWII strings, MFM synth gurgles and ICBYD drums. fuck. no idea what year

SallyVingoe (1989)
early Polygon Window type material. nice 727 whistle

Sams Car
ageisoplis is that you?

Short Mental Afx (1993)
another short experiment in agression

sline
a difficult one to date/contextualise. a lumbering monolith. sounds like Tri Rep-era ae. possible descendent of SAWII mutating into ICBYD.

Slo Bird Whistle[peel Sesh] (1995)
Donkey Rhubarb/Plaid-esque pop tune finally in better quality. you can hear the beginnings of the buzzy MFM synth sound in here as well.

[slo]w Early Morning Clissold Sunrise
another highlight. sounds like [lichen] adapted and mixed with some crunchy Ventolin beats

SomewhereOTTGTBAG
very early subdued Caustic rave. i like the maddeningly repeating horn sample.

Squalitude Acid
possibly the harshest CW ever got. this is almost Haswell levels of noise and brutality. and theres 6 mins of it.

Square Dance
very weird. like Goon Gumpas done on a less realistic synth with lots of squelchy interference. 94ish?

Ssnb
beautiful. like one of the more serene SAWII tracks with the orchestrated strings of ICBYD.

Suzanne
SAW1 outtake. early Ptolemy?

ThnxU4letinMeStyWitU (1990)
another CW cut, creepy kids voice deployed over massively domineering lead line thats had all its low end eq'd out in a spooky fashion.

Twister (1994)
weird experiment featuring tracks of ring modulated instruments,sounds like youre in the middle of some horrific recursive maze. like the pisstakey stuff on the girl boy ep.

Utopia
similar to Pearls it has elements of SAWII and ICBYD but sounds like it foreshadows them or is less polished/focussed.

Vocoder Disco (1994)
from the funk drawer. sounds like elements of the bassline for Bummy. sounds like he just got hold of a vintage vocoder and bashed this out.

Vtnm (1993-1994)
Vtnm2 (1993-1994)
cant believe these two, they sound like contemporary Gerald Donald remixes of Ventolin. sterile creepiness.

With My Family
the studio setup here suggests SAW1 but the melodies are advanced and nuanced like something from years later. sounds like Pissed Up in SE1/bittersweet analog jam

X – Rays (1990-1991)
variation on the distorted kick/high pitched metal percussion of Caustic Window/AFX. solid.

Xame Filtered (1993)
another unique track. ominous strings and an insistent beat are put through a series of filter experiments.

I got a lot of 'Content Not Available' messages in my attempts to download (new work laptop, IE, dreadful) so figured 'fuck it' and recorded it all realtime in my little studio. Enjoyed every second of it. Is there an SC downloader that works on IE? I've been a Firefox user for years but this new laptop doesn't seem to like it.