IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Picked a group of about 25 tracks and made a playlist on my ipod to listen while working today and holy shit what a fucking cornucopia of beauty. Had that playlist on random for the last 10 hours, and not going to lie, my pie crusts were the best I've made in 3 years.

Edited by cloud capture

Just listened to Japan in the car (decent sound system) sounds insane. Highly recommend. The bass is much more gigantic than I thought and it seems mastered (??) Really comes alive on a sound system unlike a lot of these for obvious reason (super old, unmastered etc.)

It was already released, so yeah, probably mastered. Soft Ballet - Sand Lowe (Polygon Window remix):

So what's the score fellow watmmers?

Do you think this will all be available via a higher quality medium? Don't get me wrong I bow down to HRH Aphex for this fantastic oppurtunity of tunes (of which I have just began to plunder). I'm just asking, just out of interest.

Edited by beerwolf

Do you think this will all be available via a higher quality medium? Don't get me wrong I bow down to HRH Aphex for this fantastic oppurtunity of tunes (of which I have just began to plunder). I'm just asking, just out of interest.

that comment he made

Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stu…

seems to invite us to make a thread voting on a top 10 or so for some type of possible release...

Edited by very honest

that comment he made

none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc. Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stu…

seems to invite us to make a thread voting on a top 10 or so for some type of possible release...

Uh... how about top 30?

I think Warp was hoping to follow up Windowlicker quickly with an album, but Richie took longer than they expected and it turned into Drukqs. I don't think it was a conceptual thing. There are bound to be lots of tracks made in 98-99 that we havent heard though.

The Google Doc says the Peel session tracks were 1992, but I thought they were 1995. Confirm?

They were 95.

The previous Peel Session was 92 where he played Italic Eyeball, and Blue Calx.

theyres probably gonna be a few errors on there

and quite a bit of personal conjecture about that 'album/ep closest to' field as well.

Indeed, it's a live document that is meant to evolve and some of those tracks seem to be from overlapping periods, it would be useful to have a rough idea tho for compiling purposes, (I don't want a 'classics' moment when I'm in the mood for 'SAW' vibes for example... and vice versa!)

It will be interesting to see how this shapes up with all the brains on here...

I don't mind low bit-rate too much as it seems appropriate for the time it was made. There are some real gems there though that I would absolutely love in higher quality, just in case Richard is watching and values the opinion of a fucktard from southampton who really digs his choons;

(vocoder disco), 1 P-String, 2tone[camborne college mix], 3 gerald Remix, 4 Red Calx[slo], 5 Girl Boy Dark Version, 12 Rough Beat Tune, 13 barbarella on microdots, 14 Make A Baby, 16 Fresher + Cleaner, 19 Ssnb (<3), Afx origTheme, Fork Rave, Martins Car LPF, Mental Telepathy, Original Chaos Riff (<3), Plinkyplonk.

Edited by Ifeelspace

I don't mind low bit-rate too much as it seems appropriate for the time it was made. There are some real gems there though that I would absolutely love in higher quality, just in case Richard is watching and values the opinion of a fucktard from southampton who really digs his choons;

It sounds fine, really. I've listened to a lot of the Soundcloud tracks on theatre JBL monitors this week (when I should be mixing...) and I never thought any of it sounded bad. I don't hear much when it comes to low-bit rate issues. There are a few mix and/or mastering 'issues', high frequency squeels and some clipping here and there, but, you know, who cares! Awesome tracks nonetheless.

That said, a proper master certainly wouldn't hurt.

Guest Monsieur Vernierport

I've had major feelings the Bandcamp stuff is 4real since first listen. Too damned good and too much of it. Also the timing of it all fits in. POssibly recent stuff in there with an old take on things. Time will tell.

you're either an idiot for ignoring everyones comments on how its fake or you are desperately trying to push fake shit that you've put up yourself

fuck off x2

put your handbag on the ground and your hands behind your head, or I'm gonna blow your your muthafuckin' tits off beeyatch !

I finally realised how actually big, it is

111 already sounds pretty, but when you scroll and scroll throgh playlist its fucking huge

with complete big tracks, few exeptions

and 19 Ssnb