IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

These are all 90's tracks tho. I guess he wanted to "close" that cycle. I hope he also plans to end the 98 - 07 era soon :emotawesomepm9:

I think this is him addressing the Caustic Window frenzy. I remember him saying something about he was surprised people even cared to hear stuff from that time and he has "hundreds of tracks like that" that he was thinking about sharing. A man of his word! (these days)

Seems like he capped the track uploading around 1995- all tracks done 20 years ago. Hopefully he'll let us hear some of the 1995-2005 era at some point, but I'm just a bit overwhelmed at this guy's generosity.

Everyone in the media has sort of portrayed RDJ as some cruel autistic fucktard over his career, and both from his actions, interviews, and comments he just seems like a nice guy who likes his privacy. And the sheer generosity of dumping all of his 20+ year old tunes out there is impressive.

It's been an incredible few days and I'm only just beginning to get through the quantity of music uploaded.

Something that came to me last night when watching the Kraftwerk documentary on BBC4 last night was how the talking heads revering their work could easily have been discussing the influence and quality of RDJ. I think that over time he will be just as influential as bands like that. And he just gave us 100+ new tracks for free. Great times!

I still have hope he will upload more traxx on his soundcloud, maybe some weekend when he's drunk?

I think one way to organize the traxx would be by era, at least for the ones we know the era of, and then a seperate (almost) complete AB6 album.

I just read about the window peeper track up on his soundcloud a few months ago, were there any more traxx and can someone plz zip and upload these and help a brother out?

Everyone in the media has sort of portrayed RDJ as some cruel autistic fucktard over his career, and both from his actions, interviews, and comments he just seems like a nice guy who likes his privacy. And the sheer generosity of dumping all of his 20+ year old tunes out there is impressive.

I seem to remember at the end of his show at Warehouse Project Manchester in 2011 he just had "KILL YOURSELF" in some eye cutting font on the screen behind him at the end of the show, I just think he has kind of a love-hate relationship with fans, probably to do with how much he likes his privacy. His reaction to some of the negative comments on his CCAIP2 kinda shows he's still only human with bad feedback. Hopefully the sheer volume of love for this archive drowns out the minority of folks who don't like it.

I'm a huge Kraftwerk fan, but RDJ is just a whole other level. To my mind, he is to electronica what The Beatles are to pop, just an entirely different category and genre all of his own, untouchable by anybody else and I'm sure people will still be listening, discussing, remastering and rebooting his stuff fifty years from now.

Anybody knows more about this?

http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/RonSean/IMG_0308.mp4

It seems to be an extremely shaky recording of an afx logo, too spooky.

Well it was posted by rdj.

I dare say that looks like a lit button on a machine with an Aphex Twin logo on it. Maybe a RDJ designed piece of hardware is about to become a reality!?

Edited by omnii

I dare say that looks like a lit button on a machine with an Aphex Twin logo on it. Maybe a RDJ designed piece of hardware is about to become a reality!?

Wow. The hype does not end. Not a bad theory. Whatever it is, I want an illuminated aphex logo one way or another.

joyrex pls

user48736353001 update:

***hello humans, hopefully im gunna start making all these tracks downloadable from 6pm next saturday 7th Feb, [if i can find some internets]

HOLY FUCK, YES!!!!

If he adds all tracks to a playlist, he can batch-enable all tracks to be downloadable in one go, you still have to manually add each track to a playlist, but saves a few clicks (pressing the edit button for each individual track, going to permissions & enabling downloads). Or maybe there is some hidden soundcloud magic in the preferences that can manage this more easily?

The part about (if i can find some internets) is curious.
Does that mean he is reworking some mixes possibly? Or preparing a new batch of tracks to upload? Because if he could find enough internets to write that message it should be easy enough for him to enable downloads for all the tracks that are up there. Also the very specific time he gives seems unusual.

Edited by omnii