IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Listening to Parking Lot now... at first I thought it was strange he used the same sample that janet jackson had used for her song... but then, after listening now, I just realized that he had done that way before janet jackson and I went check the dates... JJ's song is 97; according to his notes, Parking Lot is 88-89ish (and you could tell that from the style of the track too)... how cool is that? it's 8 years before the same exact sample was used in a massive superproduction track

Hey do you all like this track from 1992?

It's the first track that i'm aware of to sample afx....

Whoa...somewhere help me out here. What AFX is this sampling?? Because the beat sounds likes it's sampled from Tom Jenkinson - Vogon & I (Sorry, no YouTube video), except that didn't come out until 1996... I swear it sounds almost identical.

Unless both songs sampled some old AFX that I'm just blanking on.

NEW TRACK!!!

dudes i just got an email saying:

Hey,

user48736353001 just uploaded a new public track called luke viberts mum, check it out!

Listen to luke viberts mum

From your friends at SoundCloud.

where is it

edit: i want luke viberts mum

Edited by MIXL2

NEW TRACK!!!

Hey,

user48736353001 just uploaded a new public track called luke viberts mum, check it out!

where is it

I got the notification too, but already gone, bummer.

NEW TRACK!!!

Hey,

where is it

Nope it's there. With download link. https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/luke-viberts-remix-future-music-competition

NEW TRACK!!!

Hey,

where is it

Nope it's there. With download link. https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/luke-viberts-remix-future-music-competition

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW TRACK!!!

Hey,

where is it

192 kbs

Listening to Parking Lot now... at first I thought it was strange he used the same sample that janet jackson had used for her song... but then, after listening now, I just realized that he had done that way before janet jackson and I went check the dates... JJ's song is 97; according to his notes, Parking Lot is 88-89ish (and you could tell that from the style of the track too)... how cool is that? it's 8 years before the same exact sample was used in a massive superproduction track

I thought the Parking Lot sample was from Counting Crows ''ooh baby we paved paradise and put up a parking lot, ooh baby'' Just shows how many naff 90's popcycles were borrowing from eachother. ''Baby please, let me pave paradise. I can put up a parking lot. I'll get rich quick''

I thought the Parking Lot sample was from Counting Crows ''ooh baby we paved paradise and put up a parking lot, ooh baby'' Just shows how many naff 90's popcycles were borrowing from eachother. ''Baby please, let me pave paradise. I can put up a parking lot. I'll get rich quick''

sounds like joni mitchell's version to me, but my ears are old

So is this version of Luke Viberts remix the one that came in first for that Future Music Remix contest or is it the Tahnaiya Russell 'Scirem' track? Forgive me if this has been debated before

Edited by Icct

So is this version of Luke Viberts remix the one that came in first or is it the Tahnaiya Russell 'Scirem' track? Forgive me if this has been debated before

this track won, I believe.

damn, well guess I was wrong about him not being finished uploading tracks. Maybe he'll have the favorites mastered? Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Know what I'm not wrong about? 'Japan' is a straight up bonkers ass track, and every fan should appreciate every last piece of it. I have so many favorites in here it changes several times throughout the day.

Yeah, it's also been around since 1993 ya doofus

Cool? Guess that means I get to enjoy it more since it's my first time hearing it