IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Where did he comment "the rest will be 320" which I read earlier. Can't find it

Here:

soz, only 192 , the rest r mainly 320 i think, in middle of nowhere travelling with slo internets, would take2 long for anything else..going offline now cya

Edited by ZoeB

***hello humans, hopefully im gunna start making all these tracks downloadable from 6pm next saturday 7th Feb, [if i can find some internets]

this comment has been posted on Bandcamp - plus Kernowek EP also back online

it was posted "long" ago on his soundcloud :happy:

so...hes in the middle of nowhere now, it seems he finaly decided to establish rave community? richard just tell us where to go and we'll be there!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I'm so fucking happy he's not done yet!!!! so fucking happy!!))) fuck work study sleep, hi f5 button!

edit: should we write something to? tahnees18@yahoo.co.uk?))) maybe a likn to THANKS AFIKS thread? ))

Edited by Mag

Finally I have caught up with this thread, read every page over the last few days and was always slightly behind on what's going on.

Spent most of the day listening to the tracks for the first time in the kitchen whilst doing other stuff. Still not finished listening to them all. The quality is amazing, I can't remember any track names now but so many gems, especially the Slo tracks.

And now I find out he's enabling downloads soon. I bet the rest of watmm has been tumbleweed this week

"***hello humans, hopefully im gunna start making all these tracks downloadable from 6pm next saturday 7th Feb, [if i can find some internets]

stepheng screams like a little girl******

Edited by StephenG

I've missed quite a lot of posts in this thread but I did see quite a lot of ridiculous fakes, please note that there's a separate thread for this. Bandcamps and soundclouds except for the two main ones are all 99% fake, so please be cautious!

Now, on the real news: FINALLY!!! I've been hoping for this remix to show up so badly... :music: really suprised it wasn't the Sci-Rem one (another unreleased track then?). Great remix :)

Where did he comment "the rest will be 320" which I read earlier. Can't find it

Underneath the new upload in the description, gone now.

soz, only 192 , the rest r mainly 320 i think, in middle of nowhere travelling with slo internets, would take2 long for anything else..going offline now cya

Finally I have caught up with this thread, read every page over the last few days and was always slightly behind on what's going on.

Spent most of the day listening to the tracks for the first time in the kitchen whilst doing other stuff. Still not finished listening to them all. The quality is amazing, I can't remember any track names now but so many gems, especially the Slo tracks.

And now I find out he's enabling downloads soon. I bet the rest of watmm has been tumbleweed this week

welcome Bumcum, sounds like youve been a slave to the tracks. Me too, i don't know where the day has gone.

Wasn't there another Sci-Fi Staircase remix around? The Scirem track?

yeah, it was that track that won the remix competition

i'm not sure if the newly uploaded track was from the same or another remix comp, i'm confused

Wasn't there another Sci-Fi Staircase remix around? The Scirem track?

yeah, it was that track that won the remix competition

i'm not sure if the newly uploaded track was from the same or another remix comp, i'm confused

It was never confirmed that Sci-Rem track was in fact the one submitted, watmm just assumed it was (I did too). We can assume that the track Richard just uploaded was the one that was submitted. Mainly because this track actually has elements of Sci-Fi Staircase in it, the other has nothing to do with it.

So, that Sci-Rem track is just another unreleased Aphex (I assume) that was cut from a recording of a Luke Vibert set, the one Richard posted is the real competition thing.

Guest chops727

I'm confused... so there was a competition, and noone knows or has heard which track won?

=/

Was it ever on a cd, like on the magazine cover or something?

I'm confused... so there was a competition, and noone knows or has heard which track won?

=/

Luke Vibert did a remix competition for his track Sci-Fi Staircase in Future Music - Richard entered under the name of a friend of his called Tahniaya Russel (or something) and won. When it was discovered it was him, they did an interview with him and an article about it and gave the runner-up the prize. Richards track was never released, no, but quickly after that recording showed up and people assumed that must be that remix he did.

edit: basically this is the post that made the assumption, back in 2006. Velazquez was also the one naming it 'Sci-Rem' (short for Sci-Fi Staircase Remix)

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/12347-future-music-luke-vibert-remix/?do=findComment&comment=251479