IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I'm confused... so there was a competition, and noone knows or has heard which track won?

=/

Luke Vibert did a remix competition for his track Sci-Fi Staircase in Future Music - Richard entered under the name of a friend of his called Tahniaya Russel (or something) and won. When it was discovered it was him, they did an interview with him and an article about it and gave the runner-up the prize. Richards track was never released, no, but quickly after that recording showed up and people assumed that must be that remix he did.

Weird, you'd think they would release the track... =/

Got quite intoxicated tonight, had some more listens to the new stuff and realised that Ssnb is one of my all time favourite tracks. It is beautiul.

Now I get home and see another track uploaded, only an hour ago. What a time to be alive.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm confused... so there was a competition, and noone knows or has heard which track won?

=/

Luke Vibert did a remix competition for his track Sci-Fi Staircase in Future Music - Richard entered under the name of a friend of his called Tahniaya Russel (or something) and won. When it was discovered it was him, they did an interview with him and an article about it and gave the runner-up the prize. Richards track was never released, no, but quickly after that recording showed up and people assumed that must be that remix he did.

Read all about it here:

afxfmarticle1010mu.jpg

The description is much more suited to the one released now (pretty relaxed and sophisticated, acid lines) then the previous Sci-Rem. So yeah, pretty obvious :)

And it was never released, not sure if the runner-up was even released (although the guy did post it on his SoundCloud recently, he posted a comment on Aphex his SC last week about it :))

new playlist for maximum inspiring

utopia

pearls

parking lot

chink 101

afx origtheme

mooow

ssnb

07 b

vtnm

donkey rhubarb remix

with the family

nocares

afx

afx 126b

gerald remix

rought beat tune

high hats tune tamclap orig

early morning clissold

barbarella on microdots

hapshifter 1

slo bird whistle

dance and play

make a baby

girl boy dark version

cutting

red calx

japan

organ

step up to corwall ab6

red calx

early morning clissold sunrise

=/

Read all about it here:

afxfmarticle1010mu.jpg

cheers, thanks. I didn't know this much about it. :beer:

=/

yeah lol what

why would the competition be so secretive

defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Now at last I'm tuned into this vibe :happy: . Few beers down the neck and a new tune uploaded. Nice. And no work to think about or grind away my zest for new Aphex. Been a very weird week indeed, 'cause I couldn't ride the wave but appreciated the fact it was happening.

(The Japan track is insane btw, but you know that :diablo:)

It must of been an incredible week for those of you who were getting barrelled in the Aphex pipeline as it happened.

Edited by beerwolf

Another Aphex marathon for me today with my gf. It's the first time ever that I don't mind skipping an Aphex track when I don't feel it so much, cause there are 108 others to explore haha.

Sounds nice, man. Also, just listen! :music:

Edited by fanisk

Sorry if covered already. This newly uploaded Vibert Remix is brand new to ppls ears right? As its not the track that won the competition?

new to my ears yes

noob

Sorry if covered already. This newly uploaded Vibert Remix is brand new to ppls ears right? As its not the track that won the competition?

new to my ears yes

noob

lol

it is the track that won the competition, and it is also brand new to our ears

that other one we thought won the competition (scirem) is just some other random rdj track that had nothing to do with the competition

it is the track that won the competition, and it is also brand new to our ears

that other one we thought won the competition (scirem) is just some other random rdj track that had nothing to do with the competition

I seeeee. Awesome! I love it. Another stand out from the insane collection. And the only one from the 2000s.. He might go there after all :))

hahahah!!!

just revisited sc page to see if there was anything new on there. saw new vibert remix ready to download and a bloody download button next to all the other tracks. said to myself: oh my, he's fooled us again, he made everything dl'able THIS saturday! got hyped like a mofo and dl'ed 36 tracks before i realized the tracks were only 128kbps, so the same i already have... and that the dl button came from chrome sc-extension i installed yesterday. :facepalm:

all this while listening to 8 metal beat. lol.

good times, eh!

edit: in about 5 min. i'll prob be super embarassed about this post. so. apologies. :cerious:

Edited by rst

hahahah!!!

just revisited sc page to see if there was anything new on there. saw new vibert remix ready to download and a bloody download button next to all the other tracks. said to myself: oh my, he's fooled us again, he made everything dl'able THIS saturday! got hyped like a mofo and dl'ed 36 tracks before i realized the tracks were only 128kbps, so the same i already have... and that the dl button came from chrome sc-extension i installed yesterday. :facepalm:

all this while listening to 8 metal beat. lol.

good times, eh!

edit: in about 5 min. i'll prob be super embarassed about this post. so. apologies. :cerious:

lol derp

:emotawesomepm9: