IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

So not only does Oor credit properly, they also dug this quote up from Richard around Syro (from one of the two Oor bonus articles):

"I recently tried to craft an oldschool compilation.
I literally have hundreds of tracks from around Selected Ambient Works 85-92. But after three hours I already gave up. I tried it a few more times, but I just
cant get trough that pile of music. After three hours I dont even know why I'm doing this, it feels so pointless"
Was this for your own pleasure or for a commercial release?
"For an release. I'm thinking of releasing a boxset. But it feels a bit like you died, isn't it? That's what I told Warp. They said: you should put a gravestone
on it! But I have already done that.[on the cover of the Girl/Boy single you can find a graveston of his stillborn brother who would have been named Richard James].
I'm not sure what to do with it. Rephlex stopped, so that's not really and option. I still have some other ideas though, maybe I'll release some stuff anonimously.
That's always fun, to see what happens. I think I'll go that way."

Just had enough time to give the previous ones a listen before the new ones turned up... Really great stuff in there

Hopefully next week Rich will dump a pile of Hangable / RDJ album era stuff on another account, that'd be incredible!

Edited by Tricone RC

Piers Kirwan

http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/pierskirwan

UK born and bred, Piers Kirwan, dj/producer who since the late 80's have slowly moved up and worked their way into the global house music network. one half of stereo Mutants for 8 years with releases on defected,duffnote,seamless,bubble soul,open bar,soulphuric records,cayanne uk,one51 etc piers has dj for a 23 years this year his dj's career began doing house parties in and around the South West of England during the late 80's early 90's. Piers at the time was playing a club called the bowgie with the then unsigned aphex twin whom he went to collage with, piers also did massive warehouse parties in plymouth 90/91

Edited by cebec

its seriously beautiful that he's doing this without any PR campaign whatsoever, really a rare thing these days for an artist as big as aphex twin to roll out something this epic in such a casual fashion

edit: i really hope this comes out as some giant Vinyl On Demand style boxset though

Edited by John Ehrlichman

its seriously beautiful that he's doing this without any PR campaign whatsoever, really a rare thing these days for an artist as big as aphex twin to roll out something this epic in such a casual fashion

edit: i really hope this comes out as some giant Vinyl On Demand style boxset though

yes boxset plz

:cisfor:

does anyone else here think Fact are kind of disingenuous fuckheads for literally mining this forum for stories and never crediting the detective work of anyone specific here or the forum itself? It gives the very false impression that an employee of Fact is actually a resourceful person who figured this out themselves, which is clearly not the case

so if you, Fact author are reading this, why not actually give credit where it belongs? serious question. Do you guys want to make yourself seem more legitimate? because everyone here knows you didn't come up with this 'scoop' yourself.

remember this ?

fuck fact and fuck whoever wrote that, if it weren't for rabid fanbases none of this shit would be noticed.

this thread was already 19 pages and there is 19 tracks posted on soundclond

might just be a stupid coincidence lol

so....let's take it to 20? :emotawesomepm9:

ok let's take it to 300 shall we

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

i really hope this comes out as some giant Vinyl On Demand style boxset

yes boxset plz

Yep

Pump The Shit!