IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Someone please save these. Good god. Thanks rich.

I've nabbed all of causticwindow, richarddjames and user487363530 using a handy script. Did I miss anything? I also took the liberty of downloading one or both parts (I forget) of that interview a while back before it got pulled, but not the music. I should probably check if it's still up... But others here seem to have it all covered anyway, so yay!

I feel like '8 Utopia' should've been put in Selected Ambient Works 85-92. It would fit perfectly.

I actually hear a fair amount of Mike P in this track. Particularly the hi strings and the distortion on the hats. Lots of FM, I guess.

Someone please save these. Good god. Thanks rich.

I've nabbed all of causticwindow, richarddjames and user487363530 using a handy script. Did I miss anything? I also took the liberty of downloading one or both parts (I forget) of that interview a while back before it got pulled, but not the music. I should probably check if it's still up... But others here seem to have it all covered anyway, so yay!

can you post causticwindow?

I feel like '8 Utopia' should've been put in Selected Ambient Works 85-92. It would fit perfectly.

no, you meant 1 chink 101

No, I meant 8 Utopia.

noooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Utopia sounds more like late ABB for me

1 Chick has something of melodies from mars + polygon window

god so many tracks

some tracks have numbers before them, i wonder what it means...was he compiling album and numbered them accordingly, and then changed mind? or there will be at least 24 free cookies for us? or its just random chicks the nicks...

Edited by Mag

After listening to the tracks at home, my first hypothesis as to why he is doing this is: these were songs that didn't make it to the boxset. He doesn't know what to do with them so he finally decided to upload some of that stuff. The Twin likes money, he needs it, and yet he gives this freely when he could sell it all? Strange. So it must be tracks he wouldn't have released officially anyway. Second hypothesis: this is the boxset and it will grow into a huge number of uploaded tracks over the next months and we'll never get a confirmation from him, as usual.

no, you meant 1 chink 101

No, I meant 8 Utopia.

noooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

I like 1 Chink 101, but not as much as 8 Utopia. It's like a piece from heaven. This is just an opinion. (inb4 someone comes and says "one does not share opinions on the internet")

I prefer 8 Utopia as well, such a great piece. Fits right in between SAW85-92, ICBYD and MfM.

Also, where is Joyrex? Oh, right, he can't comment. :)

i dont think any of these would fit SAW1 actually, every track on SAW is pure timeless gold, and these tracks ..are very awesome, but its other level. no wonder they werent included.... maybe only Afx origTheme or Bimbongo sound like saw1 :biggrin:

MassfreeKid

i hope youre right about actual boxset

shit

just the ripped soundcloud tracks from user & put them up on bandcamp as afx for a laff and already made 2000 gbp

how to do paypal refunds? will i be.sued

it's just a joke

sorry richard

this is clearly getting in the way of your sources of narcissistic supply

oooh.hshahaha classic

CAT0189 was CAT1089 (with a cat picture) when I found that account earlier. It was changed to a 58 second track shortly after I downloaded it. Here is the one I grabbed (right-click save as):

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08773777125655462213

Edited by cebec

i dont think any of these would fit SAW1 actually, every track on SAW is pure timeless gold, and these tracks ..are very awesome, but its other level. no wonder they werent included.... maybe only Afx origTheme or Bimbongo sound like saw1 :biggrin:

MassfreeKid

SAW 85-92 is one of the only aphex full length releases I never fully embraced, I'm preferring most of these tracks over anything on 85-92 tbh. Some of them sound more like Classics or Caustic Window ep era, which have a darker more abrasive feel

MassfreeKid

SAW 85-92 is one of the only aphex full length releases I never fully embraced,

ONG ur fukcing ded m9

CAT189 (this 0:58 + teddie oggy + 180db + somethin somethin) were all on myspace years ago. anyone still has that pack?

SAW 85-92 is one of the only aphex full length releases I never fully embraced, I'm preferring most of these tracks over anything on 85-92 tbh. Some of them sound more like Classics or Caustic Window ep era, which have a darker more abrasive feel

i wasnt really diggin SAW1 for a long time (prefferd darker stuff just like you), before i actually bought vinyl and omg i listened to it almost every day for a year, it never gets old or annoying. On the other hand, i still dont really like ICBYD, preffering all ABBs, polygon windows, caustics etc over it. some tracks on ICBYD are great, but as a whole...just not for me (i hope i wont get banned)