IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest murphythecat8

feels special to be the first hundreds to ever listen to that stuff. this will be listened million of times one day, but we were the first hundreds! cool

Guest PurpleMoustache

As a fan of the SAW era tracks, I'm super happy about today's releases

Edited by PurpleMoustache

1 Chink 101

8 Utopia

9 Square Dance

10 Bcr78

16 Fresher + Cleaner

20 Pink Floyd

22 Pearls

24 Squalitude Acid

...I wonder if he's going to fill in the gaps? ;)

^ hi richard

Edited by Deer

I wonder how this makes AE feel, prob a little bit anal maybe? Like I can't imagine that they have anywhere near this amount of really good sounding unreleased tracks

that lego feet reissue was a fucking treat.

oh shit i totally forgot about that, good call. Now that i think about it without trying to reinforce the false rivalry between RDJ and AE they probably have a shit load of stuff too, new and old

yeah I reckon AE are sitting on some good shit, lol they probably even record live set rehearsals

Made Two Playlists

--

Parking Lot

Original Chaos Riff

Bimbongo

Symbonsad

Quad Rave TEAC

Utopia

Pink Floyd

Pearls

Suzanne

Somewhere OTTGTBAG

Window Pepper

--

Fresher + Cleaner

Red Alert

SallyVingoe

GPO Beat

Pump The Shit

Plinkyplonk

AFX OrigiTheme

X-Rays

Squailiude Acid

Chink

ThnxU4letinMeStyWitU

window pepper?

funny man denying it, really, he has been around (here) the whole time having a laugh, stirring and whatever.

I lover his dx100 era stuff, so tight. dx100 + sh101/202 + quadraverb + mpc for drums and ya laughing.

great stuff afx, cant wait to add them to the itunes, he could have easily put these on bandcamp for a few $ each and made thousands but rich does love.

Interesting how you can almost tell he has re-built some of the 90's era tracks from ideas in these, always love hearing it

cmon boc and ae . you know what to do :emotawesomepm9:

it would be so cool if he uploads them, more or less, by time period - it could mean that there probably will be RDJ album era tracks, windowlicker/come to pappa tracks that didnt make it, and...omg druqkes b-sides...even thinking about that makes me one big goosebump

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/39-fnkmg

it just doesnt stop xDDD

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/renalgade-sonar

Edited by Mag

hm, i downloaded 27 tracks but on his sc its only 25....is he deleting some of them already??????

edit: oh no its fine. i guess sc dont rephersh total tracks that quiclkly...hm...

Edited by Mag

this square dance one sounds like a totally new style of aphex, what's going on. Is there a track he's done like this? It sounds like an AB3 / Ventolin EP hybrid

Edited by John Ehrlichman

hm, i downloaded 27 tracks but on his sc its only 25....is he deleting some of them already??????

edit: oh no its fine. i guess sc dont rephersh total tracks that quiclkly...hm...

maybe he reached the limit of the free account?

is it the same lineup/order of tracks though? I could have sworn he had deleted one of them and uploaded more 'new' ones

edit: i can't help but think about Aphex's overt rejection of a PR apparatus since the release of Syro. The artwork for Syro being a meta critique of the whole marketing process, etc but ever since the shit he's done is actually very groundbreaking in terms of making the usual 'news breakers' having to play catch up. IT automatically creates more distance between the press and RDJ and less distance between the fans and RDJ, its fucking awesome. Not to get too head up my ass but it's also not letting capitalism dictate in any way his enjoyment of bringing his own music to the public, which from what he's complained about before is usually a detriment to his enjoyment (ie: having to wait till january for his next release, etc)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

edit: i can't help but think about Aphex's overt rejection of a PR apparatus since the release of Syro. The artwork for Syro being a meta critique of the whole marketing process, etc but ever since the shit he's done is actually very groundbreaking in terms of making the usual 'news breakers' having to play catch up. IT automatically creates more distance between the press and RDJ and less distance between the fans and RDJ, its fucking awesome. Not to get too head up my ass but it's also not letting capitalism dictate in any way his enjoyment of bringing his own music to the public, which from what he's complained about before is usually a detriment to his enjoyment (ie: having to wait till january for his next release, etc)

Good thoughts here. Sounds like Rich legitimately cares about his fans, was touched by the cwlp campaign etc.

Let's hope this is marking the beginning of an era and not the end (of his music making).