IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

still, the message aphex responded to was: "that's squarepusher" and aphex said "yes and no" directly to that one message

no, he did not, learn2soundcloud

I don know how soundclod =(

d15-10 dulcimer dub beat reminds me of what track from ICBYD? Someone answer that

Cow Cud Is A Twin

That's it, thanks. Was bugging me, but not enough to draw me away from the other new stuff to listen to

heard the similarity this morning too. great tracks =)

Guest colonelchibbers
dave: its great that you've been a champion of the vinyl format. what do u think is the secret of vinyl's longevity?

rich: exactly that, its the longest lasting format and when it does deteriorate it does so in a pleasing way .
It has a sound, well it has lots of sounds, depending on who presses it etc etc but it sounds a certain way that suits some things and doesn't suit others, simple as that, like tape,
id love my own lathe so i could bounce things to vinyl and then resample, I know people who do that, I've got some other weird devices for that though anyway at the moment to keep me happy.
but if you want to archive your music for longest period of time, vinyl is the one..
so weird to think of all the cd's ,tape &and vinyl in the world today in few hundred years time, none of it will work anymore, all hard drives etc will be fucked in 10 years.
i bet usb sticks don't last long, I've no idea, not looked into it but bet its hardly anything and nowhere ask long as vinyl.
How about people who store music in a stupid sound cloud? ha what a joke, like leaving all your records around someones house you never met and expecting them to be there still when you get back, :)
~from Syrobonkers interview

oh shit i just realised something

its February 5th

im 7 years on WATMM now, woooo!!! :emotawesomepm9:

Supposedly that's a lucky number (not that I believe in any of that).

May fortune smile upon you.

1/483, right?

Well we're nearly a third of the way there.

I just checked, and it's 11 hours and 30 minutes of new AFX. what the fuck.

Edited by Rpeg

Guest sonnyskare

Sekonda is the absolute highlight from this batch. Total Steve Reich + AB5 feels... Couldn't ask for anything more then tracks like these. Just blown away.

And where is the Rome 2002 track (the most amazing acid ever) i bet that track alone would get him 60.000,- + on kickstarter alone!

please release Richard d James!!

That's by Squarepusher, not Aphex. Tom should upload it, yes!

I thought that was never totally confirmed, but anyway Tom jenkinson should release it then, hopefully aphex inspires other artist to do this by now!

A lot of these soundcloud trax are better than a lot of aphex his mid 90s stuff. Just really like the raw and not overproduced quality of it.

Make what you will out of this:

rome_track.jpg

I'm not sure how to tell whether rich's comment is a response to just adar's comments or if it's a response to the first two comments in the chain or the last two comments in the chain. this means there are three possibilities; 1. rich is saying that he will release the track and it is not a collab 2. rich is saying it is squarepusher and it is not a collab 3. rich is saying that he will release the track and it is squarepusher.

The third possibility doesn't really make sense so there's only really two possibilities, either it's just rich's and it will be released or it's just squarepusher's. Either way I think this confirms it is by Richard or Tom.

I've been listening to all of these (current count 152) tracks for days and I still can't get over how amazing it all is.

Since I know RDJ is at least somewhat browsing this forum thread I gotta say: When I was 16 I saw him perform LIVE at Clutch Cargo's in Pontiac, Michigan in 1997 (as headliner of the now defunct Orbit Magazine birthday party) and it was one of the coolest, most life changing events I've ever witnessed. The dancing bears, the fact that the audience never saw his face, the weird old guy shaving his head on stage mid-show and later running around naked at the very end. Shit. It was all unreal. I'm a fan for life and for me the Soundcloud release of all these tracks ranks up there with that night. Cheers.

Edited by ypc1200

Sekonda is the absolute highlight from this batch. Total Steve Reich + AB5 feels... Couldn't ask for anything more then tracks like these. Just blown away.

And where is the Rome 2002 track (the most amazing acid ever) i bet that track alone would get him 60.000,- + on kickstarter alone!

please release Richard d James!!

That's by Squarepusher, not Aphex. Tom should upload it, yes!

I thought that was never totally confirmed, but anyway Tom jenkinson should release it then, hopefully aphex inspires other artist to do this by now!

A lot of these soundcloud trax are better than a lot of aphex his mid 90s stuff. Just really like the raw and not overproduced quality of it.

Make what you will out of this:

rome_track.jpg

I'm not sure how to tell whether rich's comment is a response to just adar's comments or if it's a response to the first two comments in the chain or the last two comments in the chain. this means there are three possibilities; 1. rich is saying that he will release the track and it is not a collab 2. rich is saying it is squarepusher and it is not a collab 3. rich is saying that he will release the track and it is squarepusher.

The third possibility doesn't really make sense so there's only really two possibilities, either it's just rich's and it will be released or it's just squarepusher's. Either way I think this confirms it is by Richard or Tom.

I somehow had in mind this had been confirmed to be a squarepusher track anyway. Didn't Squarepusher play it live once..? Not that this itself would confirm it.

Anyway.. Cylob played it at his dj set at Radio Melyseg Titka back in 2003. On the official tracklist he wrote "Acid White Label".. so I guess he would know. If someone knew Chris well enough.. On the other hand I can very well imagine he wouldn't tell anyway.

I know red calx disappeared at some point. (The slow version is still on there.)

This post was actually in response to someone confused as to why the soundcloud had gone from 152 to 150 tracks... I'm not just randomly blurting things out in here. I'm guessing girl/boy dark is the other one that got removed.

Richard. Is. Just. Getting. Started.

*gets ready*

tumblr_mpjo4u20aG1r8sk3mo1_500.gif

this fucking gif

is it from that furry glam rock cartoon film? I forget its name. "Edgy Glam Rock Furries" I guess.

Cool World - animated Kim Bassinger