IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Can anyone upload the Girl/Boy dark version? I missed that one and god damn do I want to hear that...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pocrd58ckqpz267/5%20Girl%20Boy%20Dark%20Version.mp3?dl=0

Thanks!... Damn, this is eerie in the minor key, I love it!

So did he switch the whole thing into a minor key for this version?

Are people copying down the descriptions on the tracks? I have a note with them all, at least I think I have them all.

The main thing this event has done is remind me that I need to listen back to stuff I haven't listened to much.

I like seeing people talk about a track & going to listen to them for the first time. I've been listening to tracks piece by piece.

Depression has made it hard for me to get excited for things for so long. Richard's recent activity has been bumping me back into being capable of getting hyped. I am grateful. I hope I can keep the positivity going for a while.

I need to put them on my iPod in a proper order.. I think I'll just put them as close to upload order as I can and dig in. But what about Girl/Boy Dark Version & Red Calx? Shruggo. I don't think it matters now, people will figure out good ways to order things.

I did some retagging of the first batch and uploaded them again as well as the new ones. I've made two archives so if you're looking for the last 40 you can download just those separately.

Tracks 1-112: https://mega.co.nz/#!sMBh1RRR!LteXZWa0-a-p1-TwjWnxIA_3cc6gtQMCdUvGb50gguI

Tracks 113-152: https://mega.co.nz/#!pJB1lQTQ!vwx_WR4-KAFLxJovJMMEjVxB_f9MUpiGZd85f8-8B68

File names are still as downloaded from Soundcloud, I took some liberties with the tags though.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are now 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. There's some extrapolation or assumption on my part that that's what would have been used for the earlier files as well if he'd planned ahead on making them downloadable, and for the sake of uniformity I've ignored the few exceptions in the last batch that had different or no tags.

Track numbers are still the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. Not included are the hashtags from SC (there are very few that aren't "afx" or "early afx" or similar anyway) and any tags from the original files besides the comments (e.g., the Traktor or iTunes stuff).

I've also stopped using the Total Tracks tag as there is/was no predetermined number of tracks anyway, and this way if he decides to ever upload anything again, I don't have to go back and change the older sets. Unless something happens that gives me the urge to revisit the tags of course.

Again, if anyone downloads this, it would be nice to let me know if I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

Thank you!!!!

Are people copying down the descriptions on the tracks? I have a note with them all, at least I think I have them all. [...] I think I'll just put them as close to upload order as I can and dig in. But what about Girl/Boy Dark Version & Red Calx?

This spreadsheet probably has everything you're looking for, including the upload order for those two deleted tracks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

the order with 2 deleted tracks:

8 Utopia
Original Chaos Riff
22 Pearls
Quad Rave TEAC
Suzanne
Bimbongo
20 Pink Floyd
Parking Lot
1 Chink 101
24 Squalitude Acid
SomewhereOTTGTBAG
ThnxU4letinMeStyWitU
X-Rays
Symbonsad
SallyVingoe
Red Alert
16 Fresher + Cleaner
Afx origTheme / afx theme
GPO Beat
Pump The Shit
Plinkyplonk
Sams Car
9 Square Dance
10 Bcr78
40 Lannerlush Full
39 Fnkmg
Renalgade Sonar
17 Kids Beach
Martins Car LPF
1 Human Rotation
6 Plinky Plonk[orig]
8 Knife Fork Freq
mooow [Dixons Theft mix] / dixons theft -mooow
Mental Telepathy
Dance2thebeat
34.5 P.e
glockenspiel TEAC
Archponf
Catsquidge2
CooltempoDemo
19 Ssnb
2 Xame Filtered
13 Short Mental Afx
4 ACH
14 07 B
17 Alis Trak[brain floss mix]
20 Vtnm
21 Vtnm2
7 Clapstab Ab6
8 World Waver Ab6
11 Donkey Rhubarb Remix
18 With My Family
1 nocares
7 ∂ƒ∆ [rough mix]
2 ∂ƒx 126b
3 gerald Remix
12 Rough Beat Tune
13 High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig
16 Bpjdrop Forge [pump up the jam mix]
71 1st bank Trac
11 Early Morning Clissold
12 Space Beat
13 barbarella on microdots / barbie1
21 Hapshifter1
1 P - String
11 Slo Bird Whistle[peel Sesh]
15 Bradley Jam Pump
1 70`s Tune
2tone[camborne college mix]
ep string / bell bass
Bellbrk
Dance And Play
DroneBReak
Fork Rave
How Much I Wanted You
Lanner B4 Ardkore
Nova Robotiks
2 Pcp 2 [unreleased Version]
23 moodular3[live gig] / 100m 3
14 Moodular Acid[pissflaps mix]
9 leeds orbit[live] / 100m 2
10 Shit Smothered
5 Acid Misc
8 Lush Ambulance 2
(vocoder disco)
4 Ny Groove
6 Fly Beats
12 Phuqed Up
15 Twister
11 Phlangebeat
25 funnel / arrd
14 Make A Baby
26 5 [demo] / 5 1
8 Metal Beat
24 Afx 71 1
5 Girl Boy Dark Version
7 Cutting
5 sline / jap flute energy rave
4 Red Calx
35 Japan
28 organ epic
37 [bicycle Wheel] / off key [bicycle wheel]
21 Forgotten T
6 Step Up To Cornwall
3 hollow alias ab6
4 how to science ab6
5 How To Science 2 Ab6
2 Dual Acid Ab6
4 Red Calx[slo]
7 lsb [slo] / lush slow blips
19 [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise / slow early morning
luke vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix] / vibert remix 5 edit max c
Phase Acid
Hypersquij
Fmsubbass
4 Bonkophone2
Thy're Here Aahha
9 Wind Squidge
bob Morgan
SubCan
5 Strange Rhythm
PrncDMC
4 Frequency Transmitter
16 Shit Squidge
19 Bradley Echoes
33 Jonny Hawkes Broken Guitar[not Finished]
37 Last Clissold Maybe
15 Sekonda
D15 - 8 Ny Groove2
D15 - 10 Dulcimer Dub
(Throatie)
33 Synthi Rhy [q]
(watery big ez) / (water)
D17 - 5 Synth Bonus Beats 1
th1
Th1 [slo]
(taut)
blue carpet
dsb
hilo
14 Floating∞
Cmarth [longer] / carn marth remix
(mature raver)
tigercubdelay
23 Lush Acid [pt1]
5 heliosphan live
Notting Hill Bus
179 brk 2
T13 Quadraverb
T08+4
Cottage3 E
Cottage4 Af 1

I'm still trying to recuperate from this month of madness. After so many years of zero Aphex, all of a sudden I don't have enough time in the day to listen to ALL the new stuff from Syro to the EP to the Soundcloud "dump" (yes we should change the title). I have to say though I always loved delving into Aphex's albums and listening to them individually as a complete body of work. I'm finding it hard to get into SO many tracks without a solid album identity supporting them. Any chance of anyone making a couple of cohesive "albums" with all this stuff? Not talking about a "best-of" compilation, but rather something that gels with its ups & downs and weird interval/throwaway tracks etc. I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Guest BunnyRabbit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Can this be edited?I mean Can I edit it?

The break in PrncDMC (and one of the breaks in Pink Floyd) is the previously discussed funky drummer break from Run's House by Run DMC. The spreadsheet wrongly attributes it to Nautilus. And it's driving me crazy.

and again thx to whoever made the mega file of all tune pack

https://mega.co.nz/#!YxUmlLRL!YmwgGEfkFItFeYwu2pNvxev1S6V9DJobJLttjzCN4rU

it's currently updated right ?

it seems

megafile dude, i love you

edit: yes it's updated last one is Cottage4 af 1

that's my one, you're welcome!

Also wanna say thanks for that one.

But i think i will try and edit one part in all of those...

Album. And use the user48736353001, instead...

But really good tagging and all. Thanks.

Alright. Yeah. Its hard to tag this right and everybody will tag diffrently. ;)

But nice that details was in the files. Comments, etc etc.

But i just changed it to user48736353001. Thanks for uploading. Now im gonna listen to some afeex. ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

The break in PrncDMC (and one of the breaks in Pink Floyd) is the previously discussed funky drummer break from Run's House by Run DMC. The spreadsheet wrongly attributes it to Nautilus. And it's driving me crazy.

The guys at reddit.com/r/aphextwin are in charge of that spreadsheet. Last time I checked it was publicly editable, thought there where some epic troles making BoC references and stuff like that, so maybe they disabled that.

This all is just b-e-a-u-tiful. Every time when Richard has mentioned that he has tons of tracks laying around I've been thinking that they must mostly be something like alternate takes of the tracks he has released or some jams or then simply tracks that aren't fully finished. But these all are pretty much new never before heard finished pieces and stellar as fuck. Was scratching my head when he said that it's way too difficult to delve into his archives and choose which songs to put to boxset but can definitely understand that now. What tracks would I choose to be released from this lot?.....eh, all of them. Hell, I haven't even got to listen to them all. And my guess is that there are much more tracks that he is holding only for himself. How he has been able to choose the tracks to his back catalogue releases is beyond me. IMO pretty much all of these would have deserved to be released earlier along those.

I have been feeling little awkward when people have been praising RDJ as a Mozart of today although I've always loved him over any other artist. But can't really come up with a better term. Dude is a king for sure (<=obligatory fanboy comment). On a side note I'm so happy that I finally upgraded myself to G.O.D v2.0 and got rid of my format OCD. Now I'm genuinely stoked and happy for these tracks and don't have to stick to things that don't matter.

Can anyone upload the Girl/Boy dark version? I missed that one and god damn do I want to hear that...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pocrd58ckqpz267/5%20Girl%20Boy%20Dark%20Version.mp3?dl=0

Big thanks! Red calx and this were the ones that I didn't succeed to grab. Also thanks to Anchio Arch io Son Pittore for the complete list. Couldn't remember where to put this gem.

He's actually made a body of quality work so large and varied that you could listen to it on repeat for years and still not get bored.

Astounding.

Guest BunnyRabbit

The guys at reddit.com/r/aphextwin are in charge of that spreadsheet. Last time I checked it was publicly editable, thought there where some epic troles making BoC references and stuff like that, so maybe they disabled that.

Oh right yeah. I forgot it was from them. Reddit is like a parallel dimension for me. I know it's there but that's about it.

Prnc --> Prince! lol :spiteful:

This spreadsheet is beautiful. a column for bpm would be cool!