IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

so glad to have mature raver in HQ

holy shit so amazing

Aaaaaah, thank you! I've been racking my brain all day long trying to find the "Gabbro Rod Fix" track among the new SC stuff.

Where's that Google document, by the way? I had a link but it turned weird.

Sorry for the ignorance but Heliosphan live.. is actually live? As in he had his gear there triggering the patterns and playing the synth parts or triggering the synth parts? If so holy shit.

No...It's called that because that's the version of Heliosphan he made especially for a live set....it was his US tour I believe. Listen to some live US shows (I forgot which tour it was) and you can hear him play it. Beautiful remix!

Guest PHILIET

Sekonda is the absolute highlight from this batch. Total Steve Reich + AB5 feels... Couldn't ask for anything more then tracks like these. Just blown away.

And where is the Rome 2002 track (the most amazing acid ever) i bet that track alone would get him 60.000,- + on kickstarter alone!

please release Richard d James!!

That's by Squarepusher, not Aphex. Tom should upload it, yes!

I thought that was never totally confirmed, but anyway Tom jenkinson should release it then, hopefully aphex inspires other artist to do this by now!

A lot of these soundcloud trax are better than a lot of aphex his mid 90s stuff. Just really like the raw and not overproduced quality of it.

Make what you will out of this:

rome_track.jpg

It is Squarepusher. He made a bunch of this in that year and grant pressed them onto Vinyl much to his annoyance. very solid selection of acid tracks not done with 303 either.

One positive for me about the SC tracks (aside from the songs of course) changed my perception of my own music. It's forced me to look at my own output and I realized I should record more. Experiment more. I spend so much time shaping sounds that I could be recording twice as much as I do, if not more.

That thought also made me wonder how many here are musicians themselves. Ramble over. And hi! First post here although I've been lurking for years.

Heath

Edited by heath

Sorry for the ignorance but Heliosphan live.. is actually live? As in he had his gear there triggering the patterns and playing the synth parts or triggering the synth parts? If so holy shit.

No...It's called that because that's the version of Heliosphan he made especially for a live set....it was his US tour I believe. Listen to some live US shows (I forgot which tour it was) and you can hear him play it. Beautiful remix!

It was played at lots of shows during the 1997 Come To Daddy world tour. WATMM Downloads section has a number of great examples of the live version.

Edited by jsmcpn

Just catching up with the "second batch" tracks and have to say that the Iambic 5 Poetry drums sounds + Come To Daddy Little Lord Faulteroy mix in Jonny Hawke Broken Guitar is AWESOME.

Also, "15 Sekonda" is a truly amazing piece of music. It helps me understand why Richard's music managed to get Philip Glass' interest, in the first place.

Sekonda is the absolute highlight from this batch. Total Steve Reich + AB5 feels... Couldn't ask for anything more then tracks like these. Just blown away.

And where is the Rome 2002 track (the most amazing acid ever) i bet that track alone would get him 60.000,- + on kickstarter alone!

I thought that was never totally confirmed, but anyway Tom jenkinson should release it then, hopefully aphex inspires other artist to do this by now!

A lot of these soundcloud trax are better than a lot of aphex his mid 90s stuff. Just really like the raw and not overproduced quality of it.

rome_track.jpg

It is Squarepusher. He made a bunch of this in that year and grant pressed them onto Vinyl much to his annoyance. very solid selection of acid tracks not done with 303 either.

lol nice

Thanks for the info

rome_track.jpg

lol nice

Thanks for the info

Maybe it'll mysteriously surface on eBay one of these days, who knows ... :emotawesomepm9:

rome_track.jpg

FINALLY some credible source on it. Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

Two of those tracks were played by Cylob in a (soundboard recorded) set ages ago, lets hope the entire thing will surface one day :)

Sounds like annoying Squarepusher is a good thing.

* do you mind taking a picture? *

;D

But that slab of plastic would have seen ebay ages ago, if there were a bunch of them. Even when Grant put his caustic window album for sale, the squarepusher white label remained where it was. So...Rich has one. Cylob. Luke and Tom himself. (there might be another one...somewhere...)

*goes back to sleep*

Edited by goDel

;D

But that slab of plastic would have seen ebay ages ago, if there were a bunch of them. Even when Grant put his caustic window album for sale, the squarepusher white label remained where it was. So...Rich has one. Cylob. Luke and Tom himself. (there might be another one...somewhere...)

*goes back to sleep*

lolpusher

The question now is: was this white label the rumoured Rave Colonel 12"? As that nickname was attributed to Richard, it being his (very) old (now inactive) eBay account I believe...

loving the batch of 88-90 era tunes he bunged up yesterday. this era of stuff is like straight up no-frills acid house we wouldnt hear again until analord.

;D

*goes back to sleep*

lolpusher

The question now is: was this white label the rumoured Rave Colonel 12"? As that nickname was attributed to Richard, it being his (very) old (now inactive) eBay account I believe...

the rumour at the time was that the white label was Rave Colonel - K7ACID! and it was produced by some unknown french dude who died in a carcrash shortly after recording it (lol at the Rephlex boys, its always by a guy conveniently out of the country and non-contactable).

K7 Acid by XP4 is listed as one of Richards favorite tracks in the Artificial Intelligence cd booklet years earlier so I imagine he has something to do with this as well.

holy fuck at that quadraverb and tigercubdelay track, they are wanking my brains out

Hell yeah. T13 Quadraverb is my jam.

32049e4509264202918430166b0d79269842d5b2

Tigercubdelay has some great stuff going on as well but seems like more of a glimpse of where he can go with that sound if he chooses to.

easier for me to list the tracks I'm not feeling so much as i think they're mostly all wicked. only track not so amazing is drone break. but even that sounds better in the higher quality than it did from the old dat leak thing

also that heliosphan live, maybe my ears but this version sounds better

Guest progben

Just sped up Japan by x2. Recommended, it's fucking brilliant!

Listening to that now! With some smoothing out this could trump the original!

Changes the vibe a lot but I like it. I think the soundcloud stuff has made me a lot more comfortable with tempo shifting his tunes, he seems to do it liberally himself. All hail the recent dump. I really hope we get some drukqs soon