IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

The Cottage tracks are from 1998, nothing to do with Tuss or Analord.

what makes you think that? Im really just curious, maybe i missed something?. Did he played them live in 1998? It doesnt sound like windowlicker/come to daddy outtakes to me

Didn't he said at the beginning of this week to enable the downloads till feb 7th about 6p.m.? He did it earlier, but that time would be now. Wonder if something happen at that time, he was so specific.

Respectively, 6p.m. in my time zone (Berlin)

Edited by Das Gespenst

sline in 320 is a lot better

1 nocares is great. it was going off for 2 hours as my alarm.. its too good and relaxing for an alarm

notting hill bus is excellent

cottage 4 is awesome

making a collection of favorites and shuffling through it is amazing

Edited by very honest

Source? I think the dry and punchy production, particularly the drums, sounds like the Syro period. There is a certain maturity and confidence in the way the tracks are based on relatively simple patterns and few details/sounds.

Source? I think the dry and punchy production, particularly the drums, sounds like the Syro period. There is a certain maturity and confidence in the way the tracks are based on relatively simple patterns and few details/sounds.

Yeah. I agree.

Sound like early "Aphex building hardware setup for specific tracks" period to me. Kinda hard to tell, but to me it's the way the various 'instruments' sound independent and well spaced against each other. Every 'instrument' has it's own distinctive space and isn't blurred with the other 'instruments' within the track. Kinda hard to explain, but that's one of the things I hear in the newer tracks.

sline in 320 is a lot better

1 nocares is great. it was going off for 2 hours as my alarm.. its too good and relaxing for an alarm

notting hill bus is excellent

cottage 4 is awesome

making a collection of favorites and shuffling through it is amazing

I think sline may be my fav of all.

Yeah. I agree.

Sound like early "Aphex building hardware setup for specific tracks" period to me. Kinda hard to tell, but to me it's the way the various 'instruments' sound independent and well spaced against each other. Every 'instrument' has it's own distinctive space and isn't blurred with the other 'instruments' within the track. Kinda hard to explain, but that's one of the things I hear in the newer tracks.

well put and argued. i can hear what you mean.

i also think this was true to a lesser extent for tuss stuff, not as perfected as on syro though. the cottages sound more like tuss era in this respekt.

(also: high hats tune tamclap orgi beginning right now. - what a tune! so funky!! :music: thanks agin, rdj!!! )

edit: had to thank rdj again. rdj - thx! :ok: )

Edited by rst

y'all think that some day this subforum will be cluttered with threads about every single trak the phex dumped on sc that time bc all of those traks are so great that no amount of fav polls will do and everybody starts threads about the trak they just happen to listen to atm bc all of those traks are so great and stuff ??

i feel like that's about to happen when i listen to all these traks. :aphexsign:

T08+4

What's that bell like sound, first heard at 1:45? I recognise it from somewhere. I keep thinking Fairlight CMI but I might be totally wrong. The equipment listed in the ID3 is mostly drum machines and reverbs...

Guest kymppinetti

T08+4

What's that bell like sound, first heard at 1:45? I recognise it from somewhere. I keep thinking Fairlight CMI but I might be totally wrong. The equipment listed in the ID3 is mostly drum machines and reverbs...

could be cowbell.

T08+4

could be cowbell.

If it is, we definitely need moar cowbell!!!=!"" Love dat sound. :music: :music: :music: :music:

did i mention you can download fmsubbass now in all it's glory yet?

any others updated? I know there were only a few...I really want (HAB un23)

All Ivan was saying is that fmsubBass is now downloadable, not that the track was updated.

Edited by Q27