IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

for the tenth time !!!!

35 Japan is completely changing me, i wont be the same now

i never heard any track that gives this post-apocalyptic nostalgia and romance all over, like Matrix the final when Neo lost his eyes (SORRY SPOILER)

i'm going through so many state of minds, i haven't felt that since Vordhosbn or Alberto Balsalm

State of the art is what GPO beat is called on one of those afx cassette pics

taken kids to school. gpo beat = state of the art = fantasia's beat sample.

Interesting, yeah I definitely hear nearly the same beat with fantasia and gpo beat. But what is state of the art?
Edited by Bambi

staying home at a saturday evening just in case afx uploads more trexxx

"hey mate wanna go to the pub"

"nah I gotta refresh a soundcloud page all night, cheers"

It's funny coz it's true.
So true. Apart from the bit about having a mate.
Hahaha! Imaginary friends tho.

for the tenth time !!!!

i never heard any track that gives this post-apocalyptic nostalgia and romance all over, like Matrix the final when Neo lost his eyes (SORRY SPOILER)

i'm going through so many state of minds, i haven't felt that since Vordhosbn or Alberto Balsalm

yeah it's bloody lovely, not sure I'm having quite the same religious experience you are, but easily one of my favourite tracks from the dump. No idea how I missed it as one of his remixes before.

for the tenth time !!!!

yeah it's bloody lovely, not sure I'm having quite the same religious experience you are, but easily one of my favourite tracks from the dump. No idea how I missed it as one of his remixes before.

Blame Warp for not adding that track to 26 Mixes for Cash, although they probably had a reason for it (licensing issues?). When 26MFC was released I bought it and burnt my own copy on CDr (or MP3 CD, dunno) including the Japan track as one of the first tracks. Still one of my alltime fave Aphex tracks!

Also, I don't hear the high pitched noise on Floating at all, should I be worried :)? Only hear some tape hiss very softly.

Also, I don't hear the high pitched noise on Floating at all, should I be worried :)? Only hear some tape hiss very softly.

Can't hear shit either man, guess lots of loud music, motorcycles, and being 31 years old will do that to you. As long as I can listen to music without feeling like I'm missing something important I'm not too worried.

I'm so glad I'm too hearing damaged to hear that high pitched tinnitus pressure sound that's in "Floating∞" that my younger friends say they can here, LOL! #oldhearingrocks

it's riiight on the edge of my hearing range, just barely audible... i'm only 18 and my ears are already shit. thanks noise music :cisfor:

dont hear it, but i hear it in slo bird!

Can't hear shit either man, guess lots of loud music, motorcycles, and being 31 years old will do that to you. As long as I can listen to music without feeling like I'm missing something important I'm not too worried.

as is said before, that noise is at almost 16 kHz and very low (ca. -48 dB); i can hear it but only if i eq the track HEAVILY - trust me, you're not missing anything. i doubt anybody on this forum (child prodigies = afx jr. excluded) would have noticed anything if we weren't so used to staring at spectral visualizations bla bla...

Wasn't really worried tbh, I know I've damaged my ears at gigs to a certain degree, but as long as I can still hear the annoying high pitch in front of the supermarket to scare local youth away I'm ok :)

Otherwise there is still this great Dutch invention to enjoy every crackle in the ol' Aphex tapes.

tumblr_mq3sx62TtD1r0z0ono2_1280.jpg

i don't think you can't hear it, it's just too low in the mix, plus loudness perception isn't linear at all across the audible freq spectrum. i can hear freqs up to 17000 Hz, but their amplitude has to be a lot greater than sth. at say 170 Hz to be "as loud". this has nothing to do with hearing impairment.

Wasn't really worried tbh, I know I've damaged my ears at gigs to a certain degree, but as long as I can still hear the annoying high pitch in front of the supermarket to scare local youth away I'm ok :)

Otherwise there is still this great Dutch invention to enjoy every crackle in the ol' Aphex tapes.

tumblr_mq3sx62TtD1r0z0ono2_1280.jpg

lol. it looks like a bunch of plows converted into a mind control telepathy weapon! :emotawesomepm9:

Richard must be busy getting ready to receive his first Grammy.

he's gonna win for sure. i will watch the show

would be cool if he's at home tonight uploading tracks, "fuck you guys i am king lush"