IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Details added on 15 Sekonda.

94 ish

there was this track, icct hedral and another tht i wrote after coming down off microdots, i was off my face walking around london and i just wanted to hear these tracks so bad and had the cassette in my pocket,the player i had just died and i just walked into a shop and bought this walkman with the last money I had, was really tweaking , they were fuckin expensive but it was sooooo worth it.. no decent food for a few weeks but sony pro walkman in the bag!

afx

Priorities.

anyone doesnt like any of the new soundcloud tracks?

I have some difficulties with the "modular acid" stuff, but mostly because I don't really like that type of music I guess.

Also, bicycle wheel is one of the very few tracks I skip when playing the Dump.

greatest event ever in music imo

This has my vote

And mine. Possibly the most significant event in Aphex's career?

Don't know about that. I'm not sure people will talk about RDJ pre-Dump and post-Dump (like they did with the albums the man released)...

Yet...who knows what the future is made of ?

He's released 12-ish hours of career-spanning choons on a lark...for free.

What other event in AFX's career--or anyone else's career, for that matter--even comes close to that?

I meant "event" as a key-step in his career. Like the release of Drukqs for example.

For sure, the Soundcloud dump is his more lengthy release probably, but I guess it won't strike the electronic music world like Windowlicker, Drukqs, or RDJ album did for example - hence my statement.

yeah fair enough

this definitely isn't getting the attention it deserves

i mean, if stereogum or pitchfork framed it as "afx is releasing an album every few days"

then it would look different to the world

i think this says something about the perceived value of internet music

if he released a ~15-disc box set then it would give some perspective as to the actual significance

but for whatever reason uploading single tracks to soundcloud doesn't seem to mean the same thing

94 ish

there was this track, icct hedral and another tht i wrote after coming down off microdots, i was off my face walking around london and i just wanted to hear these tracks so bad and had the cassette in my pocket,the player i had just died and i just walked into a shop and bought this walkman with the last money I had, was really tweaking , they were fuckin expensive but it was sooooo worth it.. no decent food for a few weeks but sony pro walkman in the bag!

afx

Priorities.

flol

fantastic

i mean, if stereogum or pitchfork framed it as "afx is releasing an album every few days"

then it would look different to the world

i think this says something about the perceived value of internet music

if he released a ~15-disc box set then it would give some perspective as to the actual significance

but for whatever reason uploading single tracks to soundcloud doesn't seem to mean the same thing

I'm completely on-board with the whole "most baller move by a musician ever" thing and I am also most certainly grateful for what Richard is doing here, but I don't think you could justly frame this as AFX dropping albums left and right. I love a lot of these songs, some make me wonder how they never saw an official release, but if I'm being serious with myself I'd say that a fair amount are a bit below his usual standards as well. I think he definitely could put together a few albums here that would sound cohesive and warrant remastering, but I think most people (including the media for a change) are correct in their line of thinking. We're simply being inundated with a bunch of tracks. Some are awesome, some are not-so-awesome, some sound like unfinished ideas, but for the most part they're simply good. But yeah, still the greatest thing ever for an Aphex fan like myself.

94 ish

afx

Priorities.

flol

fantastic

i think it was from a syrobonkers interviews, right? (just checked - wrong) or some other in the same time, i kinda remeber this story already... he probably just cut that part and pasted in Sekonda description cause it was "that other track off microdots" he was referring.

94 ish

afx

Priorities.

flol

fantastic

This is the deal with Richard and what makes him awesome. Not only are his tunes the greatest but he's also a cool character with funny and amusing stories. I think that's always added to his allure, at least for me. Most electronic musicians aren't that interesting are they? He is the exception.

94 ish

afx

Priorities.

flol

fantastic

This is the deal with Richard and what makes him awesome. Not only are his tunes the greatest but he's also a cool character with funny and amusing stories. I think that's always added to his allure, at least for me. Most electronic musicians aren't that interesting are they? He is the exception.

He's living in a bank

He's riding on a tank

He barely even sleeps

He's herding lot of sheeps

He's got a pretty hair

For cash he doesn't care

He's got a famous grin

He's Aphex fucking Twin

I wish MS Short was MS Long.

Loving this batch - so much variety!

This! You took the words out of my thoatie.

Please the long version. Loving those acid baselines with them dreamy pads. :D

+plus loving the new batch. this is quality stuff!

He's living in a bank

He's riding on a tank

He barely even sleeps

He's herding lot of sheeps

He's got a pretty hair

For cash he doesn't care

He's got a famous grin

He's Aphex fucking Twin

Beautiful :cry:

Also surprised but happy some SAWII-sessions tracks have popped up. Would have expected more in the dump unto this point. But happy nevertheless!

I'd love some moar!

Also surprised but happy some SAWII-sessions tracks have popped up. Would have expected more in the dump unto this point. But happy nevertheless!

I'd love some moar!

Yeah, it's kind of incredible - I never thought I'd get to hear SAW2 outtakes.