IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Hello braindancers. I´ve been busy the last weeks, and haven´t had time to follow the thread. Can someone point me to the last upload of the soundcloud stuff? I only have the first 111 tracks before they were available in 320.

[...]but if I'm being serious with myself I'd say that a fair amount are a bit below his usual standards as well. I think he definitely could put together a few albums here that would sound cohesive and warrant remastering, but I think most people (including the media for a change) are correct in their line of thinking. We're simply being inundated with a bunch of tracks. Some are awesome, some are not-so-awesome, some sound like unfinished ideas, but for the most part they're simply good. But yeah, still the greatest thing ever for an Aphex fan like myself.

Guest kymppinetti

lol 23 Pianox sounds like listening midi sequenses in windowns media player. Loving it.

RDJ doing Vaporwave before it was cool !

No. He was doind it too early. xD Can it be called Vaporwave, when it's done, howabout 90s??

Ya Scorrier had me smiling and laughing. so glad i got to hear that.

The first wave, I was in shock. All I could do was nervously archive them as best as possible. Then in the next week, I opened up to them and slowly got into the groove of almost all of them. cycled thru most of them daily. even yesterday before the newest stuff, I was listening to them. Now the release of this new wave is hitting me in a way the other didnt. if that makes any sense. :/

Going through everything to see the changes that were made, found this in the Nova Robotiks description, if it was there already I'd missed it:

goes wrong at end, coz my mate came in my room [martin tresidder] and knocked the tempo knob on the qx21 and fucked it up, shame coz i really liked where this was going.

Trying to make looped breaks on a qx21 was near impossible.

Going through everything to see the changes that were made, found this in the Nova Robotiks description, if it was there already I'd missed it:

goes wrong at end, coz my mate came in my room [martin tresidder] and knocked the tempo knob on the qx21 and fucked it up, shame coz i really liked where this was going.

Trying to make looped breaks on a qx21 was near impossible.

Somadril maybe? I think on one of the tracks on that account someone says something like "sounds great Marty".

Many years from now, the Elders will look back with misty-eyed fondness to the time of the Great Sound Cloud Dump of '15. Verily did the Lord shower us with his New Old Shit, and Lo! it was good.

has anyone listened to any of his previously released stuff since he's being doing this, it get a feeling it'll put some older stuff in a new context.

Not that I'm actually going to do that for another few months as these soundcloud tracks are on a permanent folder repeat in my car and that's not going to change any time soon. :emotawesomepm9:

[youtubehd]J0Ql-bvDitY[/youtubehd]

Gak Bass six minutes in. Also, track at 12mins Richard plz!!

That boy good

Also, Dp5 Beats is hitting me just right

Anyone else get a minipops 67 feel from the melody in the last 3rd of just fall asleep?

I'd rather say a XMAS_EVET10 vibe !

Just checked, yeah, that's exactly what I meant :D

[youtubehd]J0Ql-bvDitY[/youtubehd]

Gak Bass six minutes in. Also, track at 12mins Richard plz!!

Wow, nice find. I was at that gig and I was convinced he played a couple of unreleased tracks that night (along with a lot of released afx tracks, more than usual), with one that sounded like a MFM track, this must be that one. Never could've guessed it though!