IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guys, I've been struggling for time with this one, but listening to those SAW 3, 4 & 5 YouTube comps made me realise I need hear tracks properly. Is there a single place I can grab them all or am I resigned to downloading them all manually?

All help appreciated of course :)

Edited by calx

Coming home from a Day's playing Vintage and Legacy to find more new RDJ, including several unreleased SAW 2 Tracks.

Just about the best feeling ever.

Thanks Rich :music:

Since it's fair to assume F means fade-out version, slo means slowed down, Un means unfinished?

The "Un" always comes after the SAW II title so I'm thinking "uncut" as in the album uncut?

And then aren't there some notes in some of the metadata for tracks that say "Un" or "<un>" or something like that too?

has anyone listened to any of his previously released stuff since he's being doing this, it get a feeling it'll put some older stuff in a new context.

Not that I'm actually going to do that for another few months as these soundcloud tracks are on a permanent folder repeat in my car and that's not going to change any time soon. :emotawesomepm9:

i have lots

relistened to all ABs, mfm, mike and rich - it's all great

gaining a new love for the fun non-intense (drukqs style) stuff

Guest murphythecat8

anyone doesnt like any of the new soundcloud tracks?

i like some more and some less, but there no "I totally dont like that track!" for me

Gak bass is least favorite, not going in my tops. Others are fine/good/great/omg

wait you mean last 14 or all?

in whole dump there are probably no tracks i really hate or don't like at all... i have no idea how he's doing it

not the whole dump, just the last 14. I only really like MS short.

[...]but if I'm being serious with myself I'd say that a fair amount are a bit below his usual standards as well. I think he definitely could put together a few albums here that would sound cohesive and warrant remastering, but I think most people (including the media for a change) are correct in their line of thinking. We're simply being inundated with a bunch of tracks. Some are awesome, some are not-so-awesome, some sound like unfinished ideas, but for the most part they're simply good. But yeah, still the greatest thing ever for an Aphex fan like myself.

I agree

Edited by murphythecat8

Guest LoveRhino

It may have been mentioned 234 pages back but I reckon the track "Sally vinago" is how the question "salt and vinegar?" Was asked at a fish and chip shop. Said fast it sounds like how it would be said it Dublin anyway.

It may have been mentioned 234 pages back but I reckon the track "Sally vinago" is how the question "salt and vinegar?" Was asked at a fish and chip shop. Said fast it sounds like how it would be said it Dublin anyway.

it's actually sally vingoe, but maybe

He's living in a bank

He's riding on a tank

He barely even sleeps

He's herding lot of sheeps

He's got a pretty hair

For cash he doesn't care

He's got a famous grin

He's Aphex fucking Twin

Beautiful :cry:

yeah, totally tits mang

Guest cult fiction

Since it's fair to assume F means fade-out version, slo means slowed down, Un means unfinished?

The "Un" always comes after the SAW II title so I'm thinking "uncut" as in the album uncut?

And then aren't there some notes in some of the metadata for tracks that say "Un" or "<un>" or something like that too?

nah definitely means unfinished, i.e.

(HAB un23)(unfinished)

those SAW II tracks are either missing the same post processing as the album tracks or have hard cuts at the end

it's actually sally vingoe, but maybe

I could believe it. Round here it comes out more like "Sore finger?", at least in the Chinese owned places.

Listening to Ssnb and Ssba, I could easily imagine this coming out as an EP all those years ago. Crazy to think we may only be hearing this sort of thing because of a random burst of generosity.

Hello braindancers. I´ve been busy the last weeks, and haven´t had time to follow the thread. Can someone point me to the last upload of the soundcloud stuff? I only have the first 111 tracks before they were available in 320.

I've edited my old post with the download links again, all three archives are new uploads. Should be up to date now including new cover art and descriptions he added for a few of the earlier tracks. He could add/change some more stuff in the future so these might not be definitive, but it's basically a snapshot of my own collection's current state, so it's not much trouble to (re-)upload them again as need be.

Updated 25 February 2015

Tracks 1-112

Tracks 113-157

Tracks 158-175

Coming home from a Day's playing Vintage and Legacy to find more new RDJ, including several unreleased SAW 2 Tracks.

Fancy avatar, did you see this?

Fancy avatar, did you see this?

ofmg he actually pulled black lotus

i wonder how much that whole pack costed

what a luck

ofmg he actually pulled black lotus

i wonder how much that whole pack costed

what a luck

It says on his channel he had a box of unopened vintage boxes that got misplaced in a move and he found it last year! So he paid retail :)

No idea of the titles or eras of any of these tracks, but the whole shebang has been on random rotation on my iPod for days and I can't get enough of it. Am purposely holding off on this week's tracks until such a time as my brain is ready. Have also revisited ICBYD, AB3 and The Tuss album, all of which I bought at the time but for some reason didnt connect with in that moment. All great.

I do hope this might give a few other artists ideas, all the way up the tree. Since these dumps began I've bought two AFX things I'd either missed first time round or just fancied a bit now (SYRO on vinyl), so it evidently works as a promotional thing if nothing else. Big Beatles fan too, a few freebie bootlegs and I think I'd probably find myself buying that ridiculous mono vinyl box set.